Walking with your kids ...ever been harassed

Well...I was just reading a old website Thailand blog from 2002

I was a bit shocked to see the author saying he had been to Pattaya for the weekend with his Thai kids only to be verbally abused by farang I guess making verbal accusations that he was a pedophile etc before he had to explain 

I never heard of this before but come to think of it I'm sure others have mentioned this.

Now this is going back 15 years ago..

.I would be interested to know if anyone with Children have experienced abuse or stares  when walking with their kids 

27 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Yes he is, same thing can happen when you walk with your Thai wife. A friend of mine was asked in PTY how much he paid and when she would be available again. This was in the 90 ties. 

But he wasn't walking with his kid, so not really relevant.  It's not unusual for <deleted>-up farangs to check out other people's barfines (politely of course), and how would he know that she was his wife?

48 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Yes he is, same thing can happen when you walk with your Thai wife. A friend of mine was asked in PTY how much he paid and when she would be available again. This was in the 90 ties. 

Yeah fair call I guess I would have to experience something like that to believe it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Never experienced it Thailand but MANY times in the UK.

So bad in one instance in a Tesco store I called for the manager to speak to the checkout operator.

I was gonna say I never experienced it in UK either I only got compliments. 

11 minutes ago, pookett said:

We had a Thai woman approach, comment on how pretty our daughter was and that we could get a good price for her!

Let's just say all countries go through the same process of development.  In farang countries, this stuff happened.

In 1900.

so in 2142 I'll come back here and expect 2021.  

• Like 1

If you're talking about a foreign man with a teenage Thai girl unaccompanied by an adult Thai female or other children, it can definitely happen here in Thailand. Sometimes it was ask out of curiosity or mild concern about the child's welfare, but it could at times be rather intrusive and prying, even snide. It almost always came from Thai women, who felt entitled to be protective towards an underage female.

Typical setting was daytime shopping/errand/school supply trips. Comments were often directed directly at my step-daughter in sotto voce, with the assumption being that I either couldn't understand or couldn't hear what was being said. Typically delivered in an inquisitorial tone, my step-daughter often had to field such questions as: "Where's your mother? What's your relationship to him? Do you sleep with him?"

Edited by Gecko123

On 4/1/2021 at 5:14 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I would be interested to know if anyone with Children have experienced abuse or stares  when walking with their kids 

Nope.  Never been harassed. 

Edited by connda

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

But he wasn't walking with his kid, so not really relevant.  It's not unusual for <deleted>-up farangs to check out other people's barfines (politely of course), and how would he know that she was his wife?

We have two sons and yes I had some foreigners looking confused. 

Edited by SomchaiCNX

Most foreigners in Thailand seem completely unaware of the massive numbers of NGO's that will target them as paedophiles.

The embassies have so much money for this that they don't know what to do with it all.

So Thai people are being told that all foreigners are bad and to telephone a number to earn money for reporting them.

5 minutes ago, jobsworth said:

Most foreigners in Thailand seem completely unaware of the massive numbers of NGO's that will target them as paedophiles.

The embassies have so much money for this that they don't know what to do with it all.

So Thai people are being told that all foreigners are bad and to telephone a number to earn money for reporting them.

Had my problems with them as well when using the word Farrang. I told her she better should get used to it if she want to continue to live here. She started shouting and told me I was Pig. I know fully understand why so many Australians want to marry a real Thai woman ????

I took my wife and 12 yr old to krabi and we stayed in a luxury resort.. all farang short term tourists..

my wife is tiny and i guess looks young.. she was 47 at the time.. 

but one guy really had a wrong idea and i think wanted to hit me. 

12 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Had my problems with them as well when using the word Farrang. I told her she better should get used to it if she want to continue to live here. She started shouting and told me I was Pig. I know fully understand why so many Australians want to marry a real Thai woman ????

You only need look at the average (available) Aussie woman to see why Australian guys prefer Thais.

And If the looks dont turn you off, just check out the attitude.

• Haha 1

My Thai wife and I live in Perth. Shopping at the local supermarket we had a problem with the automated checkout. There was a fifty something woman working there. She came over and fixed the problem. As she left she said to me, "your daughter was leaning on the scales." Normally I would laugh it off but she said it with such an unpleasant sneer that I kneed her in the groin.

Well, not really. But it was a near thing.

It sort of happened to me on Sukhumvit road in BKK quite a few years ago. I had trouble with my left knee and every so often I had to get up and walk about My friend sent her 7 year old daughter out to look after me.

We walked slowly and she held my hand, and from the looks of hatred I got from passing farangs I should have shriveled up and died on the spot.

It don't suppose it helped when I said that she wasn't my daughter and I had just borrowed her from a friend.

Ignorant b******s.

She is now 31 with a daughter and son of her own.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

So something that may have happened to your " friend " about 36 years ago is relevant now?  Only on TVF. The 90's jeez. 

On occasions I see these 60, 70 year old guys walking with their infant child.

This looks like hard work, at their age I would much prefer to be relaxed.

I would imagine back in Australia these guys would be asked "is this your grand child", or something of the sort.

8 hours ago, alex8912 said:

So something that may have happened to your " friend " about 36 years ago is relevant now?  Only on TVF. The 90's jeez. 

If you stay here long enough and are still alive, you may say something similar to another TV member in 2044. Would you give a similar answer to a Jew when he/she talks about WW II? Enjoy your day.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pookondee said:

You only need look at the average (available) Aussie woman to see why Australian guys prefer Thais.

And If the looks dont turn you off, just check out the attitude.

I met a couple really good looking and well educated Aussie girls. Parents came as refugees from Vietnam and Cambodia (through Thailand) the other ones where Chinese students that stayed after they finished their education and found a job ????

2 hours ago, VYCM said:

On occasions I see these 60, 70 year old guys walking with their infant child.

This looks like hard work, at their age I would much prefer to be relaxed.

I would imagine back in Australia these guys would be asked "is this your grand child", or something of the sort.

You're not wrong.  My kid is 6 and I'm 60 - it's very hard work (not that I would change anything, except if I could make myself 30 years younger!).

• Like 2

I was chatting with a farang in a Pattaya bar and he remarked on the number of pedophiles he saw around the place. I had to explain that the farang men he saw with very young Thai girls were married or living with their mother. He hadn't realised that was something that happened.

That was in the 90s.

• Thanks 2

Never happened to me but then I have never had children. This was a big issue for several of my friends when I lived in Cambodia. One well-known NGO acting as 'pedo-hunters' were often in the news for following genuine parent(s) out for a shopping or tourist site trip on the weekends.

I had one friend who actually went to the police and wanted them charged with harrassment but all they did was warned them off. Over zealous much.

When I met my Thai wife about 6 years ago we takked about having a child but are now both happy we didn't as we both don't need the hard work that would undoubtedly bring.

My previous wife was Chinese and was very beautiful but very young looking. Once walking along the Bund in Shang Hai (not holding hands or anything) an old Chinese man verbally abused her loudly in the street just for being with me. It upset her for a few days as it caught her offguard. When we moved to Scotland nothing like this happened.

Unfortunately i think this comes with the territory of having a younger wife, and forget the 90's, I would say there are more uneducated, ignorant AHs around now than back then.

• Like 2