What new phone to buy?

jvs

6 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Keep in mind that neither have a headphone jack; if you need such a thing.

I don't listen to music or watch videos on my phone but the 5G version comes with a 3.5 mm jack to USB C adaptor so you can still use heaphones but thanks for mentioning it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Update: I didn't buy one on the 10th, after reading reviews on GSM Arena I decided the Snapdragon 732 on the BIG Note 10 Pro was too slow and the camera on the Poco X3 not good enough.

So more research for a faster phone and better camera but still under 10k Baht but I thought I would wait for more models to be introduced.

Today we had a monitor lizard down our small soi so I took photo/video of it but they are so poor it is indistinguishable so I desperately need to replace it. Apart from the fact the lens is scratched as I took the protective cover off, I've looked at the specs and although a dual camera it is 12 mp x 5 mp, and only 3 years old !

So revisited the thread and checked the M11 Lite 5G recommended by Fab5BKK. It's only Snapdragon 780G but in the GSM review was faster even than Poco's 860 and the camera is better than the Poco, 64 MP as opposed to 48 and has the 5 MP macro as recommended by Bruno.

So can I get it for under 10K? I want the 8GB/128GB version ,I've dismissed a couple of cheap ones on Lazada with no seller ratings but Lazada has one for 10,999 Baht, they have 95% seller rating but one year warranty apparently.

(ศูนย์ไทย + free gift )Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G NE 8GB+128GB Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G|รับประกันศูนย์ไทย แถมฟรี Honor Seaker | Lazada.co.th

Similar price and camera specs to the Mi 11 Lite 5G NE is Poco F3 with Snapdragon™ 870

and LPDDR5 RAM as the 11 lite uses LPDDR4X RAM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Similar price and camera specs to the Mi 11 Lite 5G NE is Poco F3 with Snapdragon™ 870

and LPDDR5 RAM as the 11 lite uses LPDDR4X RAM

one of the reviews on GSM mentioned the F3 so I did review it but at the time more than I wanted to pay as I was looking 8-10k max, I think around 13k as opposed to 11k for the 11 Lite and the camera is only 48 MP as opposed to 64MP.

I paid around 5600 3 years ago for my 4GB Redmi 6, I expected to pay more obviously but now to get the spec I want I'm looking at double !

25 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

one of the reviews on GSM mentioned the F3 so I did review it but at the time more than I wanted to pay as I was looking 8-10k max, I think around 13k as opposed to 11k for the 11 Lite and the camera is only 48 MP as opposed to 64MP.

I paid around 5600 3 years ago for my 4GB Redmi 6, I expected to pay more obviously but now to get the spec I want I'm looking at double !

I bought a Mi Max 3 28 months ago 4GB + 64GB for 5,400 with a Snapdragon™ 636 speed wise i don't have an issue however I do feel the cameras have improved vastly over the past 2 years mi max 3 has 8 megapixel front camera and front camera  12 million pixels + 5 million pixels  no macro camera so I can understand why your looking to double your spec against your current model.

If I was buying a new phone today I would appreciate the 120Hz AMOLED display and the dolby atmos speakers and the better cameras would i use or noticed increase ram and faster processor not sure

• Like 1

If  you haven't done so alreadly its worth checking out https://www.kimovil.com/en/

for comparing phones

if you check the AnTuTu scores you will see

Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro 4GB 64GB score 89,000

Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 6GB 128GB 336,250

Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE 6GB 128GB 512,000

Poco F3 6GB 128GB 714,008

Is the Mi 11 Lite 5G NE going to be 6 times faster than your current phone or the redmi note 10 pro 4 times faster than your current phone I don't know

• Like 1

1 minute ago, helendarack said:

what about xiaomi? are they worth it?

Buy any Chinese phone you like. The CCP will get a tax bite from it which they really need right now to push forward their invasion of Taiwan.

A digression ? Yes. But also the inescapable truth. Bothers some people but not others.

Samsung are world leaders in smartphones. South Korea could use the tax bite.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Since buying my Samsung 10 I have stopped using my laptop. I stream all my media of tinyzonetv.to and cast to my TV

read books...listen to audiobooks and radio. I make videos and take pics It's also useful for loads of other things...fitness, mapping, hobby apps etc etc

Where do I get the tinyzonetv.to app?

6 hours ago, Denim said:

Buy any Chinese phone you like. The CCP will get a tax bite from it which they really need right now to push forward their invasion of Taiwan.

A digression ? Yes. But also the inescapable truth. Bothers some people but not others.

Samsung are world leaders in smartphones. South Korea could use the tax bite.

Don't Samsung get components from China?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ravip said:

Come to think of it, which came first?

The Phobia or the virus?

Could the virus be a by-product of the phobia?

i don't recall anyone being anti China until covid. Did covid come from the US? isn't that what they said?

Edited by scubascuba3

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Did covid come from the US? isn't that what they said?

Yes they did say that and it looks like it could even be true  given the

"gain of function research" revelations :shock1:

How ever if it came from the lab that was funded by America why haven't China fully exploited that ?