Pattaya: Ministry rep tells local officials to get a move on in beach restoration at Jomtien

webfact

10pm.jpg

Pictures: Manager

A representative of the transport ministry Dr Atthirat Rattanaset went to Pattaya to check up on work to restore Jomtien Beach. 

Habor department rep Sompong Jirasirilert gave the ministerial aide a timeframe of November next year for the finish date.

He was told to get a move on as the beach needs beautifying ahead of the expected return of foreign tourists who apparently are starting to come back next week.

Sompong said that work was being down in two phases from the Lung Sawai shop to Soi Na Jomtien and from Soi Na Jomtien 19 to 11.

That's a distance of 3.575 kms and they are using 634,817 cubic meters of sand.

It will be 50 meters wide. 

Manager showed some pictures of how the main drag in Pattaya now looks after similar work was done there. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-05

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

If TAT make it mandatory for every tourist to bring one grain of sand with them Jomtien beach soon resemble the Sahara Desert......

NO, I think you mean if the proposed tourists bring 1 grain of sand. Reality will be though maybe a thousandth of an egg timer

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He was told to get a move on as the beach needs beautifying ahead of the expected return of foreign tourists who apparently are starting to come back next week.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Habor department rep Sompong Jirasirilert gave the ministerial aide a timeframe of November next year for the finish date.

Yep that figures.

• Like 1

mmmm I wonder how long the 50mtrs width of beach sand will stay in place ??   They do not appear to built "groins" out into the sea to stop the cross currents washing away the sand !!!   Not rocket science so am watching with interest !!  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

A representative of the transport ministry Dr Atthirat Rattanaset went to Pattaya to check up on work to restore Jomtien Beach. 

How did he get past the appalling roadworks choking Sukhumvit?  They've sealed off The Ambassador U-turn; then sealed off U-turn at the new motorway forcing traffic onto the new motorway then making them to do a U-turn back to Suk and left into Ban Amphur where you can then do a U-turn back to the Ambassador - an additional ten kilometres to my four times a week journey.

All because someone with no brain is in charge.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mikebell said:

How did he get past the appalling roadworks choking Sukhumvit?  They've sealed off The Ambassador U-turn; then sealed off U-turn at the new motorway forcing traffic onto the new motorway then making them to do a U-turn back to Suk and left into Ban Amphur where you can then do a U-turn back to the Ambassador - an additional ten kilometres to my four times a week journey.

All because someone with no brain is in charge.

Probably the same no-brain guy is in charge of the totally unnecessary, very poorly organized road work being done on North Pattaya Road.

"...get a move on as the beach needs beautifying..." Part of beautifying ought to include restoring to how it was before last "improvements" were made. Bring back the circles with concrete benches. Can't bring back all the great shade trees they chopped down... "First, do no harm" not part of their standards, that is for sure

• Like 2

23 hours ago, newnative said:

Probably the same no-brain guy is in charge of the totally unnecessary, very poorly organized road work being done on North Pattaya Road.

Does anybody still use Pattaya Nua?  It can take half an hour to get past the lights at 3rd Road from Suk! I've never been to Terminal 21; I've stopped going to Tesco and/or Makro.

19 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Does anybody still use Pattaya Nua?  It can take half an hour to get past the lights at 3rd Road from Suk! I've never been to Terminal 21; I've stopped going to Tesco and/or Makro.

I use it every week..... I am normally on my bike so can get to the front of queues at the lights. Frequently early heading into town, maybe 09.15 or so, well before Mall times. Not busy then. Coming out of town in the afternoon it is certainly busier, more so in the lanes heading into town. I guess weekends will be worse still and the random roadworks aren't helping. 

Hey, it used to be worse with the tourist laden large coaches making U-Turns!