Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

On 12/15/2021 at 11:24 PM, jayson1 said:

Thanks for this. I have yet to hear from my SB case officer AND have not received the letter from MOI either. I plan to reach out on Friday and then I can update in the group when I receive a response. 

Any update Jayson1 brother?

3 hours ago, sinthavee said:

Any update Jayson1 brother?

I telephoned my SB case officer this afternoon who informed me that SB is still waiting for a document from the MOI. He was unsure when this document would arrive, but would let me know when it did. He said SB is aware of the November gazette notification, but they cannot finalise the process until they receive this document from MOI.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, jayson1 said:

I telephoned my SB case officer this afternoon who informed me that SB is still waiting for a document from the MOI. He was unsure when this document would arrive, but would let me know when it did. He said SB is aware of the November gazette notification, but they cannot finalise the process until they receive this document from MOI.

Thanks, Jayson1 brother.

Hope they’ll receive the document from MOI this week.

7 hours ago, david143 said:

any updates for Certificates.

Wish you all Merry X’Mas.

We have good news that the documents have reached SB.

They should be starting to call from next week onwards. Some of us might get the certificate late next week & definitely in the 1st week Jan,2022. Waiting call from SB.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sinthavee said:

Wish you all Merry X’Mas.

We have good news that the documents have reached SB.

They should be starting to call from next week onwards. Some of us might get the certificate late next week & definitely in the 1st week Jan,2022. Waiting call from SB.

Thanks. I called my case officer this afternoon. He said I should be able to collect next week BUT he added that the Ministry of Interior computer system (database?) is down which is why there has been a delay. He wasn't sure whether I would be able to process the ID card because the information may not have been sent to the District Office.

As the District Office is nearby, I went to ask. The person was very helpful. They checked and said they had yet to receive the letter. They started the process, but said it could not be completed until they receive the letter directly from the Ministry of Interior.

Edited by jayson1
Missed out a word.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jayson1 said:

Thanks. I called my case officer this afternoon. He said I should be able to collect next week BUT he added that the Ministry of Interior computer system (database?) is down which is why there has been a delay. He wasn't sure whether I would be able to process the ID card because the information may not have been sent to the District Office.

As the District Office is nearby, I went to ask. The person was very helpful. They checked and said they had yet to receive the letter. They started the process, but said it could not be completed until they receive the letter directly from the Ministry of Interior.

Thank youJayson1 brother, for the details.

Hope, the IT glitches will be resolved & we can have our certificate next week & go ahead and get the ID card.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DrJoy said:

When did you submit your application at Special Police?

It was passed to MOI in April 2020, after all docs were complete. That would have meant in pre-Covid times that the MOI interview would be in October 2021. Last time I called (in November), I was told that April 2020 applications haven't been interviewed yet but will be "soon".

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2021 at 4:41 PM, jayson1 said:

I called my SB officer today morning & asked him when I can collect the citizenship certificate.

He was noncommittal, if they will issue it this week. If not, it would go too early next year. He told me that he would call to inform on the time & date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sinthavee said:

Thank you David143 brother. Once I have my CT, I will straight away Good to the district office & take appointment for ID card issue. Being a PR holder, I have my name in blue book & to that extent my ID issue procedure will be shorter.

Hope, I will be able to get my Thai ID at least by 2nd week Jan.

Thank you very much for your valuable & useful advice. I would also like to thank GabbaGabbaHey for his useful posts as well. 
Wishing you & your family, a very Happy,Prosperous New Year & Good Health.

Perfecto
if you already have PR with Blue book Details.
it will only need a RED pen to cut the Current Nationality and write By Hand ไทย

Later whenever.
If your Blue book owner is your Wife, i suggest you to Change Blue book and Make NEW it cost only 40 Baht,
because they will not Print ไทย with Printer , staff will cut with RED pen and write with hand ***just a suggestion

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, david143 said:

Perfecto
if you already have PR with Blue book Details.
it will only need a RED pen to cut the Current Nationality and write By Hand ไทย

Later whenever.
If your Blue book owner is your Wife, i suggest you to Change Blue book and Make NEW it cost only 40 Baht,
because they will not Print ไทย with Printer , staff will cut with RED pen and write with hand ***just a suggestion

Thank you David143 brother,

I am on my friend’s blue book. I might buy a small property in future & have my own blue book.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 8:57 AM, Neeranam said:

On the same day as getting naturalization doc, I went with my wife and documents to the khet. The woman said to come back the next month which would have meant my visa would need renewed. I pleaded and said I'd be 'extremely grateful' if she could fit me in somehow before the end of the month; she managed to give me the next week, and got a nice bonus for doing so.  

Arrived at the khet at 1.30 and was out with a blue ID card at 2.45. Only thing was that she told me I'd only need one witness but the second day said I need 2.

Easy solution the other witness(house owner) called his son who jumped on a bike and came in 10 min. I was worried as he's only 19 but no problem.

Not to revive an old post, but I expect to soon hear from my Special Branch Case Officer that I can collect the naturalisation certificate (some group as sinthavee). I have already visited the District Office who say that the document from the Ministry of Interior has arrived and booked me in for 14 January at 9am as this is the earliest slot available.

I understand from Section 5 of the Nationality Act that I became a Thai citizen as of the date of publication in the Government Gazette (24 November). I see from others that they have cancelled their visa/permission to stay after getting their ID card.  The issue is that my Thai visa/permission to stay expires this week. So the question is (a) what proof does Thai immigration require to cancel the visa, and (b) what happens if if I go to immigration to cancel the visa AFTER the date it has expired even though my visa was still valid on the date I legally became a Thai citizen. Would I be fined? Has anyone done this before?

NOTE: yes, I realise I could have extended the visa a few weeks ago, but it it is a bit strange to extend the visa after I became a Thai citizen. 

Immigration need to see the letter of Naturalisation. 

I suggest you go to immigration and ask for a Covid extension. That's what I did, in exactly the same situation as you. 

However, I stay just 5 min from immigration and it was very quiet, but why complicate things, you are not really a Thai in most people's eyes until you get that beautiful blue ID card (and even then ????). 

You could take a chance and just let it expire but I didn't want the stress and decided to do everything buy the book until getting the card. 

When I cancelled my 2 month visa at immigration, they said I didn't need to, but I preffered to get a little story written in my passport, and show off my I'd card, as I'm the first farang in my city to get one. 

• Like 2

On 12/28/2021 at 6:56 AM, sinthavee said:

Thank you David143 brother. Once I have my CT, I will straight away Good to the district office & take appointment for ID card issue. Being a PR holder, I have my name in blue book & to that extent my ID issue procedure will be shorter.

Hope, I will be able to get my Thai ID at least by 2nd week Jan.

Thank you very much for your valuable & useful advice. I would also like to thank GabbaGabbaHey for his useful posts as well. 
Wishing you & your family, a very Happy,Prosperous New Year & Good Health.

Congrats. Did you have to sing both national anthems as being a PR? Or did you apply based on thai wife? I am also a PR and will apply in next year.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 5:00 PM, Neeranam said:

Immigration need to see the letter of Naturalisation. 

I suggest you go to immigration and ask for a Covid extension. That's what I did, in exactly the same situation as you. 

However, I stay just 5 min from immigration and it was very quiet, but why complicate things, you are not really a Thai in most people's eyes until you get that beautiful blue ID card (and even then ????). 

You could take a chance and just let it expire but I didn't want the stress and decided to do everything buy the book until getting the card. 

When I cancelled my 2 month visa at immigration, they said I didn't need to, but I preffered to get a little story written in my passport, and show off my I'd card, as I'm the first farang in my city to get one. 

Thanks for responding. Chaeng Wattana is a long way from my place. I will wait to get the Naturalisation Certificate. 

20 minutes ago, sas_cars said:

Congrats. Did you have to sing both national anthems as being a PR? Or did you apply based on thai wife? I am also a PR and will apply in next year.

Thanks.

I had to sing both the songs. I am not married Thai. You can easily practice both the songs (both are quite short) & these are available on youtube.

12 hours ago, sinthavee said:

Today at 12:45 PM I reached Police HQ, but was not allowed to park inside although some spots were vacant. I was advised to park at Siam Paragon. Parked at Siam Paragon and reached SB office at 1:12PM & I could come out from there collecting my 1.Thai Nationality Certificate,

2.Letter informing approval of NC, giving the serial number & name of the approved person, asking the approved person to come, pay 500 Baht & collect the NC as per schedule, agreed by the case officer.

3. Attested RG copies(3 sets with applicable page) with covering letter from BORA signed by Deputy Director and addressed to Chief of SB.

3.Application copy for the NC along with the officer mentioning that they received 500 Baht payment for the NC and the NC was issued.
4.Receipt for 500 Baht

I could come out of SB at 1:25 PM & drove to my Khet office. Met the officer issuing Thai ID at 2:30 PM & he checked all my documents & immediately told that ID can’t be done today (obviously all of us know that). My purpose was to take appointment for ID issue. As their registrar will be on leave tomorrow  & the first date available was on 7th Jan morning at 8:30 AM, I agreed for that. Officer told that owner of house & another witness (Both Thais & need to be present & sign as witness). 

Today’s experience was very good and all officers were friendly.

Congrag for your New Year Gift

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sinthavee said:

Today at 12:45 PM I reached Police HQ, but was not allowed to park inside although some spots were vacant. I was advised to park at Siam Paragon. Parked at Siam Paragon and reached SB office at 1:12PM & I could come out from there collecting my 1.Thai Nationality Certificate,

2.Letter informing approval of NC, giving the serial number & name of the approved person, asking the approved person to come, pay 500 Baht & collect the NC as per schedule, agreed by the case officer.

3. Attested RG copies(3 sets with applicable page) with covering letter from BORA signed by Deputy Director and addressed to Chief of SB.

3.Application copy for the NC along with the officer mentioning that they received 500 Baht payment for the NC and the NC was issued.
4.Receipt for 500 Baht

I could come out of SB at 1:25 PM & drove to my Khet office. Met the officer issuing Thai ID at 2:30 PM & he checked all my documents & immediately told that ID can’t be done today (obviously all of us know that). My purpose was to take appointment for ID issue. As their registrar will be on leave tomorrow  & the first date available was on 7th Jan morning at 8:30 AM, I agreed for that. Officer told that owner of house & another witness (Both Thais & need to be present & sign as witness). 

Today’s experience was very good and all officers were friendly.

Congrats. Happy New Year for a happy new Thai. 

• Thanks 1