Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the link for the social security app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plaeskado.punpop.sso

When I try to install it on my phone it says it's not available in my country. Which is thailand. I don't have a VPN running so I don't know why I would say that.

Then I had my daughter try to install it on her phone and it said there were too many applications at the moment and try later.

1 hour ago, qualtrough said:

When I try to install it on my phone it says it's not available in my country. Which is thailand. I don't have a VPN running so I don't know why I would say that.

Then I had my daughter try to install it on her phone and it said there were too many applications at the moment and try later.

I just downloaded it without any issues

Screenshot_20220206-180452_SSO CONNECT.jpg

4 hours ago, qualtrough said:

Have you updated it with your Thai ID? wait atleast 2 working days after you submit Thai ID

1 hour ago, DrJoy said:

Have you updated it with your Thai ID? wait atleast 2 working days after you submit Thai ID

I can't even update it because  I can't even install it on my phone because it says it is 'not available in your country'. I am in Thailand so I don't know what's up with that. I then asked my daughter to install it on her phone, which she did. But when she tried to create an account for me it said there were too many people doing that at the moment and to try again. I will try again tomorrow on both fronts.

7 hours ago, qualtrough said:

I can't even update it because  I can't even install it on my phone because it says it is 'not available in your country'. I am in Thailand so I don't know what's up with that. I then asked my daughter to install it on her phone, which she did. But when she tried to create an account for me it said there were too many people doing that at the moment and to try again. I will try again tomorrow on both fronts.

Google Play uses the country in which Google Play is registered. I had the same problem when I could not download the EU Covid App (similar to Mor Chana) even though I was in the EU and used my EU SIM card, but my Gmail has a Thai address. See more info here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7431675?hl=en

Note the warning that you can change the country only once a year and may lose access to some apps that require you in that first country.

18 hours ago, qualtrough said:

As @onthemoon pointed try that, surely your problem will be solved.

You may have to add a Thai credit/debit card as well ( even if the app is free)

I assume you have the latest version of Android installed, if not, install/update first

I have a Samsung Note 8 and it works flawlessly on my phone

22 hours ago, DrJoy said:

As @onthemoon pointed try that, surely your problem will be solved.

You may have to add a Thai credit/debit card as well ( even if the app is free)

I assume you have the latest version of Android installed, if not, install/update first

I have a Samsung Note 8 and it works flawlessly on my phone

Surely you are joking about adding credit card details?

I had another daughter install it successfully on her phone and we entered my ID card number to find that all was in order. I will work out the issue with my phone at some later point. Thanks everyone for your input.

12 minutes ago, qualtrough said:

Surely you are joking about adding credit card details?

I had another daughter install it successfully on her phone and we entered my ID card number to find that all was in order. I will work out the issue with my phone at some later point. Thanks everyone for your input.

the easiest way to get the app if you are not on the thai playstore is to download it via apk. 

sites like apk pure will have what you want 

On 2/1/2022 at 6:32 PM, sinthavee said:

There is no need to get alarmed. You are likely to have your final interview at BORA some time this year.

In my case, I had my MOI interview  on 20th July 2018 & my BORA final interview was on 21st Sep 2020. It took 26 months.

You might call & check your application status by calling BORA office, Lamlukka(Tel:02-791-7332).

All the best.

First time I've heard of Bora interview I thought that moi interview was the last one. Can you provide some more details of what that interview is.

3 minutes ago, THAIJAMES said:

First time I've heard of Bora interview I thought that moi interview was the last one. Can you provide some more details of what that interview is.

MOI
Minister of interior

BORA
Bureau of Registration Administration

Committee is under MOI and interviews conducted by BORA STAFF 

7 minutes ago, david143 said:

MOI
Minister of interior

BORA
Bureau of Registration Administration

Committee is under MOI and interviews conducted by BORA STAFF 

Sorry I'm a little bit dense, do you mean that one year after the MOI interview, staff from Bora will call you or ask you to meet them for an interview?

If so what is the topic of that interview.

Just now, THAIJAMES said:

Sorry I'm a little bit dense, do you mean that one year after the MOI interview, staff from Bora will call you or ask you to meet with for an interview?

If so what is the topic of that interview.

Yes
There is only last and Final Interview which will held at # MOI Building in Pathumthani .
MOI has alot of Sections
Regarding Registration and Administration Citizenship section is maintained by BORA.
interview is simple as ABC.
introduce yourself,
where you work , salary . nature of work, blah blah blah done

i finished in 2 mint and out .

7 minutes ago, david143 said:

Yes
There is only last and Final Interview which will held at # MOI Building in Pathumthani .
MOI has alot of Sections
Regarding Registration and Administration Citizenship section is maintained by BORA.
interview is simple as ABC.
introduce yourself,
where you work , salary . nature of work, blah blah blah done

i finished in 2 mint and out .

Thanks I'm in Chiang Mai and the moi interview is in 10 days. I was just confused because the poster said that there was a Bora interview one year after the moi interview.

I'm not sure if it's a little bit different here as the interview will be chaired by the deputy Governor, police officials and officials from other departments

1 minute ago, THAIJAMES said:

Thanks I'm in Chiang Mai and the moi interview is in 10 days. I was just confused because the poster said that there was a Bora interview one year after the moi interview.

1 minute ago, THAIJAMES said:

Goodluck and nothing to Worry

they are same

On 2/1/2022 at 2:39 PM, saakura said:

By way of information, on SB recommendation, I applied on the basis of being married to a Thai national even though I also qualified on the basis of having a PR for over 5 years. Will that have any effect? Thanks for any help!

He was correct because you would get more points for having a higher income and PR documents would still be counted as points and you wouldn't be required to sing the national and royal anthem.

Income required for married persons is lower therefore you would have higher points.

3 hours ago, THAIJAMES said:

I'm not sure if it's a little bit different here as the interview will be chaired by the deputy Governor, police officials and officials from other departments

Out of curiousity, when did SB send your documents to the MOI?  We are all trying to see where we are in the queue for the last interview.

Thanks!

21 hours ago, THAIJAMES said:

I think they  have a different system in CM and do their own interview to approve the application before putting it into the MOI system. I remember reading about someone doing a similar interview with local high ups in Phuket some years ago. I guess it would be equivalent to SB Bkk approving your application with no set time for the MOI interview to follow.

21 hours ago, THAIJAMES said:

He was correct because you would get more points for having a higher income and PR documents would still be counted as points and you wouldn't be required to sing the national and royal anthem.

Income required for married persons is lower therefore you would have higher points.

They always push applicants qualified through PR and marriage to apply on the basis of marriage.

PROS

1. If your income has dropped since applying for PR to less than 80k but is still above 40K, you are still eligible.

2. You don't have to sing.

3. You can't be rejected for poor Thai language.

CONS

1. If your wife leaves you or dies or is somehow unavailable to attend the MOI interview with you, you may be deemed ineligible and may have to reapply from scratch as a PR, or at best get your application knocked back and made to jump through more hoops. 

Personally I don't see any advantage in applying through marriage, unless your income is no longer over 80k or you are tone deaf, can't be bothered to learn the songs or speak and understand Thai too poorly to pass a 15 minute interview without help from the missus. There is a certain satisfaction in doing the full process and being able to sing the two songs which you should know, if you going to be a Thai.  However, I understand SB taking the line of least resistance on behalf of applicants.

I was a victim of an SB blunder in this area. They applied for me on the basis of marriage, for which I was not qualified because we had been married for less than 3 years, without telling me. I had told them I wanted to apply as a PR and assumed that was what they had done.  I had already passed SB's singing tests and got full points for Thai language including reading and writing and had no reason to try to slip by on marriage without being married for 3 years. The error was discovered 2.5 years later at the MOI and very nearly got me rejected.  I was knocked back to SB to redo much of the application which took another 6 months but because I went to see the head of the nationality section at MOI, she very kindly put me to the top of the interview queue when my file came back to her.  I was told that normally any ineligibility discovered once you have got to the interview can't be corrected, as it is seen by all the departments that attend the interview.

I read news mentioning that Thai language is a must for Citizenship application now. Does anyone knows if it has been implemented or just a proposal?

I'm thinking of applying for it but my Thai language is close to 0 but no issues with other requirements.

Archived