Colman's Mustard

4 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

Tome no - Wasabi is a type of japanese horseradish and boy, does it have a kick!!!

Colemans available in the following ;
Big C

Makro

VillaMart

Food for foreigners.

I have to admit that the supply is very hit and miss.  With regards to cost - well I really don't care - if it's in the food line and I want I will buy it.

My Macro and Big C have stopped selling malt vinegar.

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Marmite is a good one too, just to watch their face.

Nothing like the good old Australian axle grease to make a Thai pull a funny face. A spoonful of Vegemite.

And now Australia has Vegemite Ice-Cream

Edited by Russell17au

18 hours ago, BenDeCosta said:

I live in a small village, none of the Thai supermarkets will deliver to my address, so I will have to go and buy as much as I can next time I am in Bangkok. I usually stay around soi 11, so where should I go to buy it?

Thanks in advance, I know this might seem like a petty matter, but it's important for me. I can get Heinz American mustard here but it's basically yellow mayonnaise, and it doesn't clear out my sinuses.

Try ammonia. That should work. 

Just snort it though. Don't put it on your sandwich. 

You are welcome. 

15 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Big C have OXO beef also chicken, and Branston pickle.

Not at every branch.

If you live somewhere like Pattaya , Bangkok or Chiang Mai where there are many expats and tourists

then places like Bic C and Tesco supply these sort of things. But in most of their up country branches they don't because there is no demand ( so they say ) .

Certainly don't have in the 3 Big C's nearest me.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BenDeCosta said:

Thank you. I have always used the pots of mustard, has anyone tried using the powder that you need to reconstitute? Is it any different?

Unfortunately Villa Market won't deliver to my address but I'll pick up some next time I travel.

Villa sells stuff on Lazada too.  So you can get it.  But they place everything you order loose in a box.  And if you order heavy items with stuff like crackers or chips they get crushed.  So order more delicate stuff separate from heavier items.

You must be a yung fella or never watched your Mum cook

Colemans mustard is available just about everywhere , just mis it with water & 1 drop of olive oil. The premixed is a modern version & does not taste the same as the real thing

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Sorry to say, the latter is NOT real wasabi. Ingredients on label are Horseradish 74.9%, Mustard 24%, Food Additive (INS 300), Synthetic Color (INS 102, INS 133). Lovely! Maybe Fuji Super has real wasabi.

While I' on about it, has anyone found grated horseradish in vinegar here. The Waitrose creamed stuff is disgusting & rapidly grows mould in the fridge.

18 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

This is the one, and it will give your sinuses a blast. I think Chinese and Thai people use mustard for different things so should be available most places. Not easy to find if you don't know what you're looking for. 34 baht last time I bought it and just like the old school English powdered Mustard we get back home. I mix it with the Browns mustard you buy here. great on Ham sangas / fresh bread

IMG20210414181441.jpg

IMG20210414181448.jpg

I hope you are not using this particular one.  It's expired.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

In that case forget tepid Colman's and go for wasabi.

The wasabi paste and powders that you buy in supermarkets are mostly mustard and normal horseradish,they may contain 3% genuine wasabi root.

You get the same sinus blast that you get with Colman's only a lot cheaper.Get the powder just add water.Or get someone to bring some over.Mr Coleman said he became rich by what was left on the plate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

My Macro and Big C have stopped selling malt vinegar.

Siamburi's in Pattaya sell Sarsons Malt vinegar in 5 ltr containers, I use it for pickling eggs, beetroot & onions, it's about 600 baht & they will deliver, hope that helps ????

I have noticed that since the Covid hit that there is a lot of imported products disappeared from the supermarket shelves and it seems to take the stores a long time to replenish the stocks of the imported goods if at all.

Masterfoods is every bit as good as Colmans, trust this 64 year old Brit (also used by a Brit restaurant owner I know who is passionate about his grub). It's in Villa Market and TOPS. Powdered Colmans is in VM. It's better than Colmans in a jar as you can make it even hotter. 

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

I have noticed that since the Covid hit that there is a lot of imported products disappeared from the supermarket shelves and it seems to take the stores a long time to replenish the stocks of the imported goods if at all.

Sea transportation has been hit hard, as has every facet of globalisation. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

You must be a yung fella or never watched your Mum cook

Colemans mustard is available just about everywhere , just mis it with water & 1 drop of olive oil. The premixed is a modern version & does not taste the same as the real thing

Modern? It's been around since I can remember. Yes, freshly mixed powdered is better of course. What's the oil for, seems pointless? I've never seen that done. 

7 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Nothing like the good old Australian axle grease to make a Thai pull a funny face. A spoonful of Vegemite.

And now Australia has Vegemite Ice-Cream

My wife loves Marmite on toast for breakfast. Maybe they pull a face because Vegimite is a pale imitation of the real thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/14/2021 at 11:52 AM, BenDeCosta said:

I am desperate for some proper Colman's English Mustard.

Don't you know anyone who travels back and forth?

I always have multiple orders of Yorkshire Tea, Colmans Mustard and a few other regular items each trip.

6 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I always have multiple orders of Yorkshire Tea, Colmans Mustard and a few other regular items each trip.

who is travelling back and forth at the moments

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KhaoYai said:

Me! I'll be stocking up on a couple of items, Warburton's crumpets and my favourite after shave but fortunately both Colmans mustard and Yorkshire tea are both readily available not a mile from my house in Pattaya.