Which Vaccine Would You Choose?

Which Vaccine Would You Choose?  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both the wife , me, my sister and my brother in law got the Pfizer, all of us both shots. 

. Both me and the wife , other than a sore arm for a day had no other reaction , My sister and brother in law also had a bit of a sore arm the first shot, but were a little ill for a day on the second shot. 

Knowing what I know now, if I had to do it again and had a choice, I would get the Pfizer, but if I had no choice I would get any of them, Any vaccine is better than no vaccine IMO. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, meechai said:

It is a bit odd that folks (not just you) say this yet Pfizer & Moderna really have no real track record to show

Not even FDA approved  (only approved for emergency use) I mean really obviously? Obviously how?

Remember in 2003 when mRNA vaccines were used on Monkeys for SARS? I think results showed up 3 years later

So yeah....just surprising so many have such blind faith in something with such a short/non-existent track record

In the US these 2 vaccines have been given to about 190 million people.

With good results.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

I have the choice of Pfizer or Sinovac where I am. I chose Pfizer as it seems like it works reasonably effectively. Had the first shot last Sunday and the wife is up this Sunday.

That’s not a choice , I would only go with Pfizer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nervona81732 said:

None of them!!!! They are not vaccines never were. Good luck all you folks , come back and talk to us if you are not dead or survive. 

What are they?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moogradod said:

You don't really mean that, do you ?

Messing with your life for a price difference of 36$ ?

Thats the cheapest charlie statement if I ever saw one. I would happily pay manyfold each for all 3 of us if we only could get Moderna (1st. prio) or Pfizer (2.nd prio).

Why Moderna over Pfizer, just out of interest?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moogradod said:

You don't really mean that, do you ?

Messing with your life for a price difference of 36$ ?

Thats the cheapest charlie statement if I ever saw one. I would happily pay manyfold each for all 3 of us if we only could get Moderna (1st. prio) or Pfizer (2.nd prio).

"Messing with your life for a price difference of 36$ ?"

After vaccination with any vaccine the COVID symptoms become the same as of a common cold. If we pay an extra 30$ for Pfizer/Moderna etc, this simply means that next time when we get mild common cold symptoms, we will know for sure that this is not from COVID but from one of the other 100000000 viruses that are also responsible for mild common cold symptoms. ???? Does this worth paying extra money? This is the question.
I don't mind having harmless common cold symptoms because of COVID.

19 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I got Pfizer.  My wife got Moderna. She had fever, tiredness, chills and a headache, especially after the second dose. I had a slightly tender/sore spot on my arm for a half day after the second shot. 

Problem is, if there is not substantial data pointing to a sustained issue ... well, each of us is subj3ct to our own particular body chemistry.

• Like 1

I had the Pfizer one on Monday ( London )

They were also giving that to people that had had AZ as their first shot that were turning up for their second shots.

My plan is to get Moderna/Az as my second shot. Getting AZ is easy, getting Moderna a little more difficult.

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

Why Moderna over Pfizer, just out of interest?

Actually I am in no position to decide which one is best. How could I if even the experts differ in their opinion.

My choice is based on the jabs my friend (a doctor in Switzerland) and his girlfriend had. If it is good enough for a doctor it might be good for me - although you have to differentiate from what I read.

1. I am over 65 and have preconditions that would kill me if I contracted the virus

2. My Wife is 41 and is healthy exept maybe a bit pompui

3. My Stepdaughter is 20 and frequently reports health issues (obviously a not so good immune system)

I might even risk the AZ if I cannot get hold of Moderna or Pfizer, but how about my wife (blood clotting issues - I know a rare chance but why take it ?)

Who can say for sure what Vaccine would be best for each of us ? I guess nobody. But Moderna might fit everybody of us I guess. As maybe Pfizer, but not necessarily AZ. Not to speak of Sinovac and the rest.

I may add: we stay in Thailand.

Edited by moogradod
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, friendofthai said:
After vaccination with any vaccine the COVID symptoms become the same as of a common cold. If we pay an extra 30$ for Pfizer/Moderna etc, this simply means that next time when we get mild common cold symptoms, we will know for sure that this is not from COVID but from one of the other 100000000 viruses that are also responsible for mild common cold symptoms. ???? Does this worth paying extra money? This is the question.
I don't mind having harmless common cold symptoms because of COVID.

It would be nice if you are right (ANY Vaccine prevents a serious case you say). But having some preconditions let me cast some doubt on that would work out for me. So better rely on the Vaccines capability to prevent catching Covid (You cannot prevent infection of course, but you can prevent that it has ANY effect - you actually do not get sick at all - even not with mild symptoms).

I heard that the pfizer and moderna actually have more blood clots per million people by a factor of 4 or more vs J&J. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/blood-clots-as-prevalent-with-pfizer-and-moderna-vaccine-as-with-astrazenecas-report/ar-BB1fGdIu

One theory on blood clots is they are not pulling back on the needle to check to see if they are in a vein so some people are getting injected partly intravenous. 

I signed up for the moderna but got the JJ 6 weeks ago tomorrow.  I have mixed feelings as it is showing 70% effective rather than 95%  for Pfizer. But I guess all the top 3 prevent death.  But I still worry a 30% of getting the virus and the long term damage some doctors are finding.  

I feel confident in the progress of genetic science and understand enough to think mRNA technology is sound.   

I think anti vax people are stupid. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Confused 2