Anutin's party hits back at calls for health minister's resignation

webfact

9 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

I had this is in my upper left arm a few years ago, lasted for months and drove me insane, and yes it was worse at night. I don't think there is anything that can fix it, just have to wait until it goes away imo. I'm not one to throw the 'stress' card out there as a reason for things like many are, but I do think it does play a part with this.

59 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Didn't he also ship millions of masks to China and leave the people of Thailand with pretty much no masks as well in the beginning of the Covid outbreak ?

I remember up here in Issan having to try to buy masks on Shopee or Lazada for 800 baht a box for 6 or 7 months none to be had even in Udon Thani.

No hand sanitizer either.  Anutin in my opinion is a horrible man with nothing but his own agenda.

• Like 1

Nobody would like to see the back of this arrogant Twit more than me but let's face it; who would replace him but another arrogant useless Twit as the Government is overloaded with them ?

The chance of replacing him with a 'real' Medical Doctor or anyone with proper knowledge of health matters is zero because there are none in the 'Corridors of Power', where 'what you know' is not considered to be as 'cool' as 'who you know' !

https://www.thaienquirer.com/26807/health-minister-anutin-throws-prayut-under-the-bus-in-public-self-defense/

Health minister Anutin throws Prayut under the bus in public self-defense

April 27, 2021

Thailand’s Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul defended his record in a late night Facebook post on Monday by saying that all major decisions were made by the prime minister and that his ministry had to carry out government policies.

Anutin had come under criticism over the last fortnight after the third wave of the pandemic has seen tens of thousands infected since April 1.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

22 hours ago, Emdog said:

according to Wiki, he has a degree in engineering from Hofstra U

Call me crazy, but might it be better to have someone with education and experience in public health running the show?

Well you have got an unelected "PM"  with only a Military Academy education running the country with his tinpot soldiers, at least this Anutin guy does have a university degree, do any other members of this "government" have a degree?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Well you have got an unelected "PM"  with only a Military Academy education running the country with his tinpot soldiers, at least this Anutin guy does have a university degree, do any other members of this "government" have a degree?

Some have questioned his English ability. Hofstra U is in NY... I wonder if he brought along a companion to do his coursework, someone who can read, write and speak English... not all that uncommon for hiso with degree here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Degree in what ????

I have a degree in history, can I be health minister?

An unrelated degree is the same as no degree. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

Degree in what ????

Yes you can if you went thorough the selection process.  Having a degree in a particular subject is not a definitive requirement for a ministerial post in the subject. However if you have a masters or doctorate in human stupidity then effectively that allows you to gain exemptions for the post of PM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

Degree in what ????

I agree with you. What sort of degrees can you get with a military academy education which the unelected "PM" had? This is a guy who is trying to run a country, but along with a guy with a degree in engineering who is a "health" minister. What a joke.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I agree with you. What sort of degrees can you get with a military academy education which the unelected "PM" had? This is a guy who is trying to run a country, but along with a guy with a degree in engineering who is a "health" minister. What a joke.

A Khao San Road degree one would presume is what he has.

• Haha 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

A Khao San Road degree one would presume is what he has.

Apparently after having an army education he excelled at a research paper he undertook entitled " The AK47, its uses for winning political Power"