PM appointed Thailand’s “COVID Czar” in sole charge of handling the pandemic

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai cabinet today (Tuesday) designated Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha as the sole authority in charge of all responsibilities and duties, previously vested in his ministers, to deal with the current COVID-19 pandemic.

I knew it... he thinks he's god !

• Like 1

Let's see.... uniform... czar status.... general.... ministers gave him more power.... holds more of the reins.... country in crisis............ people scared......

Anyone else think that this road has been taken before by other want to be and usual manage it dictators? 

This is not good. But as someone already said.... at least "We now know who to blame:"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Take notice peasants i am the man.????????????????????????????

What a sad state of affairs, The man who knows nothing but bullying, now thinks he can control the virus.

King Canute he is not.

You almost got it right.

• Haha 2

Despite all the ribald posts, it appears to be an administrative step to consolidate handling and approval of various virus/Covid measures in one place, the Prime Minister's office and not the myriad of state agencies mentioned. It's not like the PM will actually be making the decisions, which will likely still be made by the relevant agencies and approved and communicated from Government House.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Take notice peasants i am the man.????????????????????????????

What a sad state of affairs, The man who knows nothing but bullying, now thinks he can control the virus.

King Canute he is not.

I'd have spelled that King's name slightly differently............ and deleted the word 'not', with a full stop after 'is'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

He's already head of every committee (hundreds at this point), no clue why he needs more power?

He's also minister of defense and the RTP reports directly to him.

Looks like the road to Democracy just took a u-turn.

Might be time to pen a new inspirational song, and then demand that everyone sing it.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

So he is emulating his good overlord President Zi from China and taking all Titles.  Looks like he will become the Czar of all of Thailand, hope that does not upset someone who truly pulls the strings.  Wonder who will become the Rasputin of today and eventually remove the Czar and his family of cronies feeding at the expense of the people.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

And I just booked a one way ticket out of here and I'm taking my credit card with me.

I'll be back when the Czar transforms Thailand from the the hub of lockdowns into the hub of vaccines. 

I figure I'll be back some time in 2022.

You may need to brush up on Mandarin while your out, the place might be sold by 22.