Current rules for travelling within Thailand?

yuri48494

Hi,

I am currently in Isaan and need to travel to Bangkok for my 90 day reporting (it's late, so I need to do it myself and can't do online).

What are the rules about travelling to Bangkok and then back to Isaan in the same day.

Do I have to do 14 days self-quarantine / isolation at home when I return to Isaan?

I have tried to do a lot of "Googling" but can't find any proper results. 

Thank you in advance!

Edited by kishnanakishna

Maybe no of definitive help to answer your question as of the moment but that was the requirement stipulated for arrivals from Bangkok (Red Zone) over the Songkran days.

I have not heard that has been amended because theoretically there is still such arrivals present in the Buriram province who should still be self quarantining .

Given the exacerbated infection situation I would suggest it would be safe to assume it still applies to your situation.

• Like 1

you can do 90 day reports online , in person , at any immigration office or if far to the nearest immigration then at your local police station !  just make sure to get a receipt .   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jen65 said:

you can do 90 day reports online , in person , at any immigration office or if far to the nearest immigration then at your local police station !  just make sure to get a receipt .   

Do you mean due to covid you can do at any immigration office? I thought you had to report where you are registered.

5 hours ago, chrissables said:

Do you mean due to covid you can do at any immigration office? I thought you had to report where you are registered.

That is the case, and has never changed to my knowledge, not even because of the Chinese virus.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 11:50 AM, possum1931 said:

That is the case, and has never changed to my knowledge, not even because of the Chinese virus.

It's what i believe. Crazy rule as they can track any time they want.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 7:16 PM, Jen65 said:

Go to a hotel get a receipt and do it at local immigration 

Kish,

You seem to not be paying attention or are totally confused.

The Prime Minister announced over Songkran to return home and Stay Home.   

If home is in Bangkok: What are you doing in Issan? That is a rhetorical question. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

Kish,

If home is in Bangkok: What are you doing in Issan? That is a rhetorical question. 

hahaha. give me strength.

4 hours ago, Bradmeister said:

Kish,

no, true is opposite.

before songkran ending the pm said to stay where you are and work from home. Don't return to bangkok.

self quarantine around songkran time was only for those, who came from the red zones and wanted to stay in the new place for over 2 weeks. I do think nobody bothered. At some provinces borders there were on the spot tests for 600b or you had to go to any hospital and pay up to 2k per test.

I think only phuket still has strict rules i.e. tests.

Since sunday chonburi requires permits to travel outside province (similar rule was during the 2nd wave)  

If the online 90-day reporting isn't working for you (I have never been able to get it to work), then you can either report in person to the nearest immigration office in Isaan, or do it by mail with the Bangkok office.

I live in Isaan and my 90-day was due once when I was travelling and went to the Jomtien office to do it. They asked me why I was doing it there and I just said "I am on holiday". They weren't happy, as the officials here are seemingly always looking for a reason to deny providing a service, but it got sorted.

Edited by BenDeCosta

What province are you coming from?  If possible, do it online, or at your local IO.  Whatever the rules are today, they could change tomorrow.  I believe Buriram is forcing 14 day quarantines now.

On 4/30/2021 at 3:50 PM, Pla Simon said:

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/thailand-reinstates-14-day-quarantine-strengthens-covid-19-restrictions-nationwide/

Have a flick through this site - all the info you need, upto date, including a list of all provinces, and pertinent restrictions imposed - including travel.

Sorry, i cannot find anything there. 

Can you tell me how to click?

On 5/1/2021 at 5:50 AM, possum1931 said:

I would not count on it as you should do the 90 fay reporting in the province where you live and are registered.

For example, Phuket immigration will only do the 90 day reporting if you live there.

1 hour ago, merijn said:

I would not count on it as you should do the 90 fay reporting in the province where you live and are registered.

For example, Phuket immigration will only do the 90 day reporting if you live there.

Why is the unelected " PM" and his soldiers still allowing immigration offices to have people  close together, especially for this 90 day reporting nonsense which achieves nothing?

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Why is the unelected " PM" and his soldiers still allowing immigration offices to have people  close together, especially for this 90 day reporting nonsense which achieves nothing?

Wow. A politician that allows people to be stupid. So rare in this world... Hint - engage brain, apply critical thinking, use snail-mail or fax. Problem solved without "allowance" of the PM.

Edited by mikebike
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Even I agree that the 90 day reporting is outdated and absolute what does it to do with which kind of government we have ?

Can we please the politics out of it.

• Confused 1

Yeah ,its hard to find any definite answers  about the different provinces travel restrictions .

I need to go to Nakhon Ratchasima from Bkk but I hope no quarantine is required to get in there , anyone who has updated info would be appreciated , thankd

On 4/30/2021 at 4:52 PM, Caldera said:

Personally I'd skip the report and pay the 2000 baht fine later, considering the potential hassle under Covid restrictions. 

Indeed, travelling to Bkk is pointless and would cider 2000baht.

On 5/14/2021 at 9:15 AM, possum1931 said:

Better than the elected thsksin who upped visas to 1900 from 500, and double amount needed in Bank for marriage retirement. 

• Like 1