Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

Right, so the July quota amounts to 100 doses a day for a process that will last five days, and the total amount of vaccine allocated for farangs in Thailand is just 500 doses per month. That's not just pathetic, it's utterly disgraceful.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Right, so the July quota amounts to 100 doses a day for a process that will last five days, and the total amount of vaccine allocated for farangs in Thailand is just 500 doses per month. That's not just pathetic, it's utterly disgraceful.

It's a very cheap public relation ploy to show how foreigners have not been forgotten.  Your chances of winning the lottery are far better than getting one of those coveted 500 doses.  What a joke this is...on us!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guderian said:

For ALL of Thailand in a location that is under severe restrictions. 

Just now, WaveHunter said:

It's a very cheap public relation ploy to show how foreigners have not been forgotten.

Yes, that's how I see it too, we can't say to our politicians or newspapers that Thailand is refusing to give vaccines to farangs, as a few are lucky enough to be able to register. And if we do complain, then the blame game starts: you should be more proactive, put in the leg work, try all the avenues, etc., etc., instead of spending all day swinging in your hammock, sipping pina coladas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experiences, guys. 100 doses a day for ALL vulnerable farangs across ALL of Thailand, just pure insulting. I seem to recollect from the Intervac site that two vaccines were available at 2-3 hospitals on multiple days & in the region of 150-250 of each available. So I would reckon Intervac was offering circa 1000 daily doses for the dates it showed available.

This pitiful daily amount is clearly - as others have noted - just to be used for PR with foreign embassies. Its a mutual charade, the useless embassies (ie all bar China, France & Switzerland) go through the motions of pressing the Thais to vaccinate foreigners, & the Thais reciprocate by going through the motions of pretending to provide them.

• Like 2

I have my Yellow book but to get it had to jump through barbed-wire hoops blindfolded. Bear in mind I am British. Here are the things they demanded I did:

1.  Get a legalised translated marriage certificate - to do this requires the purchase of an Apostile Certificate from the UK which then has to be stamped by the Royal Thai Embassy in the UK and then sent registered post to me in Thailand.

2.  Get a legalised copy of my Birth Certificate - again sent to Thailand

3.  Get a certified copy of my passport - From the British Embassy in Bangkok

4.  Take ALL of the above to an approved translator and get them translated into Thai.

5.  Take everything translated to Government Offices at Laksi to get each document "legalised" by them.

6.  Make loads of copies of everything.

7. Take the lot to the amphur with my wife and submit a thousand forms, all in Thai, completed with my clever wife's help (she speaks and writes English having attended college when we lived in England).

8.  Revisit another day this time with a hired official translator/interpreter as they refused to allow my wife to translate for me, listen to endless translations of forms, terms, conditions, weather reports (ok - last is an exaggeration).

9. Attend a Ceremony with the head honcho and head hangers-on including a photo-call as the yellow book was finally handed over. The only thing missing after the round of applause was a fanfare.

10.  Take the book to another counter, get my picture taken against a ruler, and 15 minutes later given a pink card. They said it was the first and only one they had ever issued and had to specially order some in so they could do mine. Likewise Yellow book - they had only done one or two before!

You need the patience of a saint, at one point I told them to F-off and walked out I was so angry with some of the ridiculous demands they had invented all on their own.

So I got a Thai I.D number which is also on my Thai driving licences. But contrary to opinion the Bank refuse to accept it - passport only!

Oh - and I am probably only 13km NNE of Minburi (Bangkok) so not in some remote rural area with only a buffalo for company! Hardly out of the way!

There's at least one report of somebody managing to successfully register with Phyathai2 and get an SMS confirmation this morning, but it was before 9:00. So what does the rest of the week hold for us? Do we crank up our PC's at 7:00 AM, go to the Phyathai website and then keep on pressing F5 like loons for the next 2 or 3 hours, in the vain hope that we might see a form and be able to complete it before 100 others manage to? I suspect the IT guys in the hospital have never had so much fun.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So, the 64 thousand baht question.

So far all the reports here are of getting the form in quickly and it being full. 

Any reports of success?
Anyone?
One person?

I have a friend who was able to sign up himself and his friend with a qr code that apparently showed up on the site around 925 am but he has not ab scheduled appointment yet and is supposed to receive a sms to get his appointment confirmed. I will update here when this happens and I hear from from him. Dissappointing that even private hospitals are not able to manage the process better. Seems that the moment there is no profit involved things do fall apart.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Harry2 said:

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experiences, guys. 100 doses a day for ALL vulnerable farangs across ALL of Thailand, just pure insulting. I seem to recollect from the Intervac site that two vaccines were available at 2-3 hospitals on multiple days & in the region of 150-250 of each available. So I would reckon Intervac was offering circa 1000 daily doses for the dates it showed available.

This pitiful daily amount is clearly - as others have noted - just to be used for PR with foreign embassies. Its a mutual charade, the useless embassies (ie all bar China, France & Switzerland) go through the motions of pressing the Thais to vaccinate foreigners, & the Thais reciprocate by going through the motions of pretending to provide them.

The whole situation is so bad PURELY for political reasons that it sets a new bar in my mind for how bad politics and politicians can be towards the very people they are supposed to serve.  In the infamous words of one such politician, it is absolutely deplorable.  And that is not a partisan remark; when it comes to deplorable, the definition fits ALL.  They all stink to high heaven...every single one of them!

Edited by WaveHunter

3 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

More like SNAFU.

3 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

More like SNAFU.

Personally, I think FUBAR says it much better.  I'm not speaking of the dictionary definition of "thoroughly confused, disordered, damaged or ruined".  I'm talking about what the acronym really stands for as in "F'd Up Beyond All Recognition"  That acronym fits like a glove LOL!

Edited by WaveHunter

39 minutes ago, VaccineHunter said:

I have a friend who was able to sign up himself and his friend with a qr code that apparently showed up on the site around 925 am but he has not ab scheduled appointment yet and is supposed to receive a sms to get his appointment confirmed. I will update here when this happens and I hear from from him. Dissappointing that even private hospitals are not able to manage the process better. Seems that the moment there is no profit involved things do fall apart.

QR code?!?

This was being done with Google forms.

Not QR codes.

Is he certain about that?

Another person here confused the vaccine registration with testing.

2 hours ago, TimBKK said:

I like when selfish p*&$#@ like @ivor bigun shamelessly post in this way, makes adding to the ignore list a pleasure.

Its worse than that.

Attitudes like his give weight to the obviously false public relations efforts to suggest that expats as a whole are being well taken care of collectively as far as vaccine access.

We most certainly are not!

There should be solidarity among all expats on this issue including those that for various reasons have been able to get access.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

QR code?!?

This was being done with Google forms.

Not QR codes.

Is he certain about that?

Another person here confused the vaccine registration with testing.

Good point.  i will check with him. But he sent me the screenshot and looks like he was able to submit his contact information at 922. I will keep you posted.

If you happened to watch the latest CCSA briefing this afternoon, you'll notice the tone of delivery is noticeably becoming even more vague and considerably more disingenuous! 

Briefings have now been cut down to 3 per week.  I'm guessing it's becuase they realize they've pushed their false narratives about as far as they can now.

Today's briefing ends with the Spokeswomen thanking the foreign embassies here in Thailand for helping the CCSA in decimating "valuable" information to foreigners so they can all understand what is going on. LOL!!!! 

What a joke!  Is your Embassy keeping you well informed? Are they keeping the CCSA well informed of our frustrations and growing anger over vaccination registration?  I think not!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Gloating is unseemly in this situation. 

Jingthing this isnt gloating ,but time after time i read the neighsayers on here telling all and sundry how useles a pink card is ,how its not worth bothering to get one ,nobody accepts them ,dont waste your time ,,well i didnt listen ,or should i say my wife didnt and she helped me get one , only once has it been turned down ,90% of the time its accepted ,in fact when i was admitted to a govt hospital they even seemed impressed on top pf that my fees and my meds were quite low,and continue to be so  ,oh and i have been offered a free flue jab with it a year ago  ,and because i had one i got an AZ jab 5 weeks ago ,so its not gloating ,i just hope others take note and get one for themselves.

6 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Jingthing this isnt gloating ,but time after time i read the neighsayers on here telling all and sundry how useles a pink card is ,how its not worth bothering to get one ,nobody accepts them ,dont waste your time ,,well i didnt listen ,or should i say my wife didnt and she helped me get one , only once has it been turned down ,90% of the time its accepted ,in fact when i was admitted to a govt hospital they even seemed impressed on top pf that my fees and my meds were quite low,and continue to be so  ,oh and i have been offered a free flue jab with it a year ago  ,and because i had one i got an AZ jab 5 weeks ago ,so its not gloating ,i just hope others take note and get one for themselves.

Enough already. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Something new. 

This is for Pattaya expats age 60 to 74 that have a Thai ID number (NOT PASSPORTS!) who are willing to go to Bang Sue Bangkok.

Note this site accepts walk ins for age 75 and over and there have been reports that PASSPORTS are not required for that.

But this is different -- it's a REGISTRATION process. 

Over 60 can now register with mobile operators for Covid-19 jab - (pattayaone.news)

Details:

It's in Bangkok. Nothing like this in Pattaya. 

Need Thai ID number 

July 16 to 31, 9 to 5

Traffic and parking bad

Reports of overcrowding (infection risk)

You would have to deal with checkpoint travel issues

If hiring a car with driver fo rountrip, because of reported congestion in the area there may be special logistical/cost issues with this location

Brand of dose: not specified

Register for COVID-19 vaccine with AIS

What you need to know before registering for the vaccine

Get vaccinated at Bang Sue Central Station Gate 2

For Thai ID card holders aged 60 years and over

It doesn't have to be an AIS customer.

1 Phone Number / 5 ID Card Number

The type of vaccine depends on the allocation by the Ministry of Health.

Needless to say, I think this is pretty crappy for these reasons:

Not in Pattaya

It might be Sinovac

Passports not accepted!

Infection Risk / Large Crowds

Exceptionally inconvenient

Edited by Jingthing

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sadly, I'm not surprised at all. That's what this has come to.  Cue for the f-rang heckler types to lecture to us that it's our fault, we didn't try hard enough, and must not really even want to get vaccinated. 

Well not all will feel like that.... I didn't try because I just expected things not to work and hence avoided the stress. I did get up for the football and that was bad enough. 

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Enough already. 

Just to put this to rest, pink cards have always been practically useless for most expats.  The only reason they became important recently is becuase the government made them the only option for vaccination registration for the failed Morprom app, and did so intentionally to discourage most expats from using MorProm for registration. 

It's pretty card to have in your wallet but other than that, not worth having for most expats.  Case closed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, I had a bit more success this morning. I manged to fill out the form and send it before they closed the whole thing down, and got an e-mail reply showing what data I'd entered. Now let's just see if it leads anywhere, or will they just tell me, 'Sorry krub, no hab vaccine for u,' Fingers crossed, anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Well, I had a bit more success this morning. I manged to fill out the form and send it before they closed the whole thing down, and got an e-mail reply showing what data I'd entered. Now let's just see if it leads anywhere, or will they just tell me, 'Sorry krub, no hab vaccine for u,' Fingers crossed, anyway.

Not me. Too late submitting at 9:04.  I stumbled around with the Calendar

• Like 1

Yes, ditto.

Got in quickly. 

Submitted my form.

Another FAIL.

Play again tomorrow, suckers?

The pattern now at least seems to show they aren't opening it up until 9 AM and that they did open it at about that time. 

So probably no need to start refreshing like a maniac at 8 AM?

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

Not me. Too late submitting at 9:04.  I stumbled around with the Calendar

Bad luck, mate. I forgot to enter the visa type and it sent me back, so I thought I'd blown it. That would have been around 9:04 so it was a close call. Still,simply having completed the form doesn't mean I'll get an appointment.

3 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Me too!  Like you said, now we wait for the Text message...sometime tomorrow (in case you missed that).

This time I started refreshing the page every second started at 8:59, and then I had all the information on a template so I could just paste it into the form (no typing).  I think it took all of 15 seconds to fill the thing out and hit the submit button.  The things we do to play this silly game LOL.

1393342709_snapshot_2021-07-13at9_07_30AM.jpg.c85c63198ce23d246c83f38feeed291f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1