Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

9 hours ago, thaitero said:

If interested, i would not wait until you can see something,,

I expect you would draw a blank if you turned up there. 

The staff and webpage will refer you to Facebook...Facebook is showing the Moderna advert above, but mine is in English.  It seems to refer you to The Chivawattana Centre, or you can do it online at 'Line My Shop'......States they will get back to you between Oct 2021 and Jan 2022.

13 hours ago, thaitero said:

From another non english forum.

Bangkok Pattaya hospital has today started to take names for moderna.

Vaccination starts maby october. Have  to pay when register.

Hearsay, do not ask me for more info, If interested contact hospital,

Modernapattaya.jpg

Now that's interesting, this Thai language notice was posted by @thaitero13 hours ago, according to TVF time stamp, or around 20:00-21:00 yesterday evening.

FB says that the English language post was only added to the BHP page 8 hours ago, or around midnight or a bit later.

It seems the hospital gave the Thais a 5 or 6 hours start over the English speakers. No wonder so few of us managed to make a booking before it ran out.

1211623389_BHPlate.jpg.c1e6c1bdc98665b8187e7819992585ad.jpg

Edited by Guderian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, thaitero said:

It seems they start midnight,,

I logged in at 9:30 am this morning, after trying last night when the order page was just a blank page.

Now it says SOLD OUT!  This is ridiculous!  It was stated that BHP was only using this as a way to gauge how much vaccine they should order...so why would it be SOLD OUT in only hours...or at all for that matter since it was only intended to be a way that they could determine how much to order??

Just another BOGUS registration scheme to add to the damn list!  I am really getting sick of this GAME!

WAS ANYBODY ABLE TO REGISTER THROUGH THIS BHP's LINE PAGE??

THIS MORNING:

2058451933_IMG_15872.thumb.png.51e6b6abe93f52c109a25e1f106d64f3.png

LAST NIGHT BEFORE I  WENT TO BED (No Product listed)

IMG_1585.png

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I logged in at 9:30 am this morning, after trying last night when the order page was just a blank page.

Now it says SOLD OUT!  This is ridiculous!  It was stated that BHP was only using this as a way to gauge how much vaccine they should order...so why would it be SOLD OUT in only hours...or at all for that matter since it was only intended to be a way that they could determine how much to order??

Just another BOGUS registration scheme to add to the damn list!  I am really getting sick of this GAME!

THIS MORNING:

2058451933_IMG_15872.thumb.png.51e6b6abe93f52c109a25e1f106d64f3.png

LAST NIGHT BEFORE I  WENT TO BED (No Product listed)

IMG_1585.png

My partner tried late last night and couldn't get the app to work.

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

Now that's interesting, this Thai language notice was posted by @thaitero13 hours ago, according to TVF time stamp, or around 20:00-21:00 yesterday evening.

FB says that the English language post was only added to the BHP page 8 hours ago, or around midnight or a bit later.

It seems the hospital gave the Thais a 5 or 6 hours start over the English speakers. No wonder so few of us managed to make a booking before it ran out.

1211623389_BHPlate.jpg.c1e6c1bdc98665b8187e7819992585ad.jpg

You are correct that it wasn't on their FB page around 8.30pm last night when I looked unless I somehow missed it. However, it was on their website under Packages and Promotions.

I was extremely fortunate as I went to their site looking for health check up packages around 8.20 last night and thus stumbled upon the Moderna notice.

I put 'her indoors' on the case and she said it would open at midnight. So we waited up, fully expecting the whole thing to crash and be the usual dog's breakfast. To my/our surprise it went live on time and everything worked. We managed to book and pay for the two of us.

Now when BPH will see any vaccines is another matter and it's entirely possible we'll get a 'sorry, no have' message and maybe a refund at some point but there is at least some hope for the fortunate few.

I'd be more than a little peeved if, as it appears, having promised to put things on their FB page when they had news they did so for the Thai language page several hours ahead of the English language version.

1 hour ago, StanOgden said:

You are correct that it wasn't on their FB page around 8.30pm last night when I looked unless I somehow missed it. However, it was on their website under Packages and Promotions.

I was extremely fortunate as I went to their site looking for health check up packages around 8.20 last night and thus stumbled upon the Moderna notice.

I put 'her indoors' on the case and she said it would open at midnight. So we waited up, fully expecting the whole thing to crash and be the usual dog's breakfast. To my/our surprise it went live on time and everything worked. We managed to book and pay for the two of us.

Now when BPH will see any vaccines is another matter and it's entirely possible we'll get a 'sorry, no have' message and maybe a refund at some point but there is at least some hope for the fortunate few.

I'd be more than a little peeved if, as it appears, having promised to put things on their FB page when they had news they did so for the Thai language page several hours ahead of the English language version.

You were very lucky and I'm jealous LOL!  I think this is going to be the only way any of us expats get registered for either the public or private rollouts; it will just be a matter of PURE LUCK.

we have all seen over four different vaccination registration rollouts that seemed to be intended for expats, and every one of them failed at some point...EVERY SINGLE ONE! 

In my entire life, I have NEVER seen anything mismanaged so badly as these registration schemes have been.

When you consider that all these registration schemes really amount to nothing more than a very simple waiting list, it's even more astounding that this couldn't have been handled correctly.

The situation is just inexcusable, and everytime it happens it just seems to be more and more likely to be by design, and not accidental, becuase so many failures in a row sounds awfully suspicious to me!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

The situation is just inexcusable, and everytime it happens it just seems to be more and more likely to be by design, and not accidental, becuase so many failures in a row sounds awfully suspicious to me!

The Thai government and Pattaya City administration both being incompetent and openly racist doesn't surprise me at all (remember our illustrious health minister's comment about dirty farangs at the start of the pandemic?). I am, though, disappointed by the behaviour of Bangkok Hospital in Pattaya, I had honestly expected better of them. It just shows that even after 17 years of living in Thailand you should always expect the worst of people, then you will never be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I did hear some went to the hospital and registered there early this morning... but soon closed as full.

Edited by jacko45k

The recent experience at BH Pattaya mirrors each and every single online or walk-in registration in Bangkok and elsewhere in the provinces. All these instances have been well-documented and much debated. When there's affirmation that people have managed to obtain a booking, I can't see any value in gurning about missing yet another vaccination lifeboat, especially if it said it would open at midnight and one didn't check until maybe 9 hours later.

You snooze, you loose. Early bird gets the worm, etc., etc., etc..

Better luck next time.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Guderian said:

The Thai government and Pattaya City administration both being incompetent and openly racist doesn't surprise me at all (remember our illustrious health minister's comment about dirty farangs at the start of the pandemic?). I am, though, disappointed by the behaviour of Bangkok Hospital in Pattaya, I had honestly expected better of them. It just shows that even after 17 years of living in Thailand you should always expect the worst of people, then you will never be disappointed.

Racist? Or maybe it's only the self-entitled white folks that have breakfast before checking the internet.

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I suspect BHP will prioritise Thais if the number of Moderna doses they receive is scaled back. Only 50% was quoted a week or two ago

Unsubstantiated and unfounded suspicions.

Are you a fully paid-up member of the 'they don't like us here club' or are you on the 7-day free trial?

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Unsubstantiated and unfounded suspicions.

Are you a fully paid-up member of the 'they don't like us here club' or are you on the 7-day free trial?

Thais are being prioritised for vaccines ahead of sick farang over 60, allegedly the Moderna was advertised in Thai several hours before the English version came out at BPH, that sounds clear cut to me

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Are you for real?  There was practically no timely notice that BHP would open registration yesterday and NOTHING that indicated it would be at midnight or have a limited quota or close less than 8 hours later!  There was nothing  on their website or facebook page as of 9pm last night.  I know becuase I checked both at 9pm!  

Anyone who managed to register before they closed it only did so by BLIND LUCK. 

Why don't you stop criticizing everyone on this and other threads with your "holier-than-thou" condescending  remarks, which you seem to do often?  You seem more interested in tearing others down to make yourself feel superior, than being helpful to others.

Such talk is waste of bandwidth, clutters the thread with off-topic nonsense  and is just downright annoying!

Because he and at least one other is not posting here in good faith. The purpose is obviously to heckle and demean people. It's truly deplorable. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, marino28 said:

Not yet 

Please keep us posted on this.  I'm really curious to know if this was actually for real or merely another failed scheme.  I hope for your sake it is for real, but I'm getting pretty jaded but all the past public registration failures for those of us outside of Bangkok, and also by the other private hospital (Pattaya Memorial) that reneged when they offered it also.  So far, ALL registration schemes  to Pattaya expats have amounted to nothing more than disingenuous offers, and a complete waste of our time!

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Whatever it is that you're smoking, can you send me some, lol, you're clearly in a different dimension from most people here.

Really, what kind of a vaccination registration STARTS at midnight? Show me one other example from any other country in the world where this  has happened. With the Thai-language announcement that it would open at midnight being made in the early evening, the interested locals had plenty of opportunity to decide to stay up in order to register. The English-language notice was only put up around midnight, when most older people in these bar-free times were probably already in bed. The vaccine was sold out by the early hours of the morning, long before I got up and had breakfast, so your statement is both pointless and childish. 

It's clear to me that this was deliberately done in this way by BHP to try and minimise the chances of foreigners registering for Moderna. The question is whether this was purely a local initiative by the hospital management here in Pattaya, or if it was directed from their boardroom, perhaps even at the instigation of, say the health ministry. NOTHING would surprise me anymore.

Well put...and VERY unfortunately I have to agree ???? 

It's quite troubling that there seems to be this consistent blocking of expats from vaccination registrations schemes. 

If it were just one occurrence, that might be understandable, but EVERY SINGLE registration scheme to date (I count 5) can not be by accident. 

Count them for yourself:

• The MorProm app, which only allowed the use of a Pink card to register; no passport, no Thai Driver's license.
  • The CCSA announcement that designated hospitals would provide in-person registration (yet a designated list was NEVER provided after weeks of promises that such a list would be forthcoming
  • The InterVac site that never functioned properly for any expat outside of Bangkok
  • The InterVac/expat site which never worked AT ALL!
  • The Pattaya Memorial Hospital private hospital registration for Moderna that was reneged on at the last minute.
  • And now BHP's very strange registration site for Moderna that came out of the blue with no timely warning and then closed down less than 8 hours later before most people were even aware that it existed!

I've never been a conspiracy theorist, but how can you not consider this to be anything but a deliberate attempt to prevent expats form registering?

If ever there was a need for our home countries to step up and take action on our behalf, the time is NOW! 

Chinese officials understood this when they stipulated that all of their expat citizens receive vaccination from the donated shares of their SinoVac. 

France understood this when they procured vaccines on behalf of their expat citizens that would be distributed to them through Thai Hospitals (with the blessing of Thai officials).

So I have to ask myself why my own home country, the United States, which is planning to donate millions of doses to Thailand, still saying that we have to rely on Thailand to meet our needs, when it is becoming very obvious they are going to do that in the foreseeable future?

NOTHING would be more galling to me than to have my country donate doses of vaccines to Thailand  that my tax dollars helped pay for , and then for me to be denied vaccination with vaccines that my taxes paid for!

This really is a travesty when you consider that many expats are in high risk groups and there is now a very real a present danger from the Delta variants that places them at even higher risk than ever.  Expats have every right to DEMAND ACTION NOW from their home governments!

There is no better word for this current registration fiasco than INSANE!

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thais are being prioritised for vaccines ahead of sick farang over 60, allegedly the Moderna was advertised in Thai several hours before the English version came out at BPH, that sounds clear cut to me

They broke the news in Thailand in the Thai language first? Here in Thailand?!

Tell me it isn't so!

Oh, hold on. It was only 'allegedly' the case. Thought so.

26 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

They broke the news in Thailand in the Thai language first? Here in Thailand?!

Tell me it isn't so!

Oh, hold on. It was only 'allegedly' the case. Thought so.

Nothing like cluttering up an important thread with with self-serving sanctimonious trash talk, making light of other member's views  Gee, thanks for that!  Quite a contribution you're making ????

Oh and BTW, if you're going to quote John Cleese, you might try doing a better job of it so it makes sense, and giving credit where credit is due.  Just a suggestion of course.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

Only the online at BPH is closed. You can still register/pay  at the hospital. It was packed today. I arrived at 0830 and got ticket 241 and finished at 4.30.pm 3400 bht. It was compounded by a zillion French people there to get there free jab. So in person it is still open. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, pontious said:

Only the online at BPH is closed. You can still register/pay  at the hospital. It was packed today. I arrived at 0830 and got ticket 241 and finished at 4.30.pm 3400 bht. It was compounded by a zillion French people there to get there free jab. So in person it is still open. 

I appreciate the heads-up on that but in another thread you also said you were in Queue for over 7 hours.  No way I'm gonna stand in queue with strangers in close proximity for 7 hours as much as I want to get registered.  I hope you have good Covid Insurance ????

It also makes me wonder why would they shut down online registration which is 100% safe from infection in favor of allowing people to queue up in close proximity for hours on end which of course defies safe social distancing and is just begging for infections to occur?

I'm telling you, the logic and common sense behind such decisions is just INSANE...no two ways about it!  The people running the show must have IQ way below the double digits!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah I had assumed that when the Line method was sold out that meant in person was sold out too.

So that wasn't the case.

But now it is.

According to BPH Facebook.

Nothing like good and effective public communication by the powers that be to make the wheels turn smoothly. 

Too bad that just doesn't exists here in the Magic Kingdom where everything is an illusion and nothing is real! 

I think I'm done with all of this foolish nonsense.  Wake me up when sanity returns...if it ever does.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Nothing like good and effective public communication by the powers that be to make the wheels turn smoothly. 

Too bad that just doesn't exists here in the Magic Kingdom where everything is an illusion and nothing is real! 

I think I'm done with all of this foolish nonsense.  Wake me up when sanity returns...if it ever does.

Hilariously the July 1 opening of registration for Moderna was mentioned ever so briefly by our "in due course" good buddy at CCSA.

What we really need to hear about is what's happening with

thailandintervac.com!

Crickets.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1