Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Had my jab at Phyathai 2 BKK, no one asked what my legal address was......they did ask do you live in BKK and I said yes.....end of.

You guys may have something since I have only been focused on public rollout rules, and the only private hospitals in ChonBuri have disappointed us all to put it mildly,

When did you register with them?

Edited by WaveHunter

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sorry to hear that.. I registered a while back when you and I were talking about it in PM

Oh yeah, I remember our PM now.  I had the LINE app mostly filled out but needed a Thai person to help me translate so I went to my pharmacist who is fluent in English.  She suggested I should just wait for a local private hospital to open registration for Moderna since she was confident it would be really soon, so I took her advice.  I guess that was a big mistake in hindsight ????

4 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

You guys may have something since I have only been focused on public rollout rules, and the only private hospitals in ChonBuri have disappointed us all to put it mildly,

When did you register with them?

When the Intervac was first touted........early June?.....not sure to be honest.......took quite a few gos and could only get Sinovac. Dates were limited to one week (this week)......

4 minutes ago, Jim Morrison said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/fda-adds-warning-about-heart-inflammation-covid-19-mrna-vaccines

My 28 year old nephew received a Moderna shot and 24 hours later was in I.C.U. being treated for heart attack symptoms. It was the #1 side effect of this vax along with strokes..he said it felt like somebody was sitting on his chest. There is no treatment. In 3 days he was released. There is nobody who took any notes or submitted it to any agency..It's experimental.

Hmmm, I guess I'll mark that down as the happy thought for the day

Edited by WaveHunter

4 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

When the Intervac was first touted........early June?.....not sure to be honest.......took quite a few gos and could only get Sinovac. Dates were limited to one week (this week)......

So this was for public rollout, not private (i.e.: Moderna)?  If so, then you were merely lucky and slipped through the cracks.  Official policy does not allow it for PUBLIC rollout.  The CCSA has made this point a number of times in the official daily briefings.  I'm don;t doubt your word; I'm only saying it was a screw-up.  Screw-up in Thailand are certainly not uncommon; occasionally they work to one's benefit.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Yes....sorry.....have I messed up the thread?

LOL...this thread is already messed up beyond hope  Hahahah.  My point was just as I edited after you had already replied:

you were merely lucky and slipped through the cracks.  Official policy does not allow those from one province to be vaccinated by another province (as far as public rollout is concerned...Private hospitals rollouts are another story however).  The CCSA has made this point a number of times in the official daily briefings.  I certainly don't doubt your word; I'm only saying it was a screw-up.  Screw-up in Thailand are certainly not uncommon; occasionally they work to one's benefit. I wish they'd for for mine!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

LOL...this thread is already messed up beyond hope  Hahahah.  My point was just as I edited after you had already replied:

you were merely lucky and slipped through the cracks.  Official policy does not allow it for PUBLIC rollout.  The CCSA has made this point a number of times in the official daily briefings.  I certainly don't doubt your word; I'm only saying it was a screw-up.  Screw-up in Thailand are certainly not uncommon; occasionally they work to one's benefit.

Thinking back the girl who logged me in at Phyathai did point to my paperwork and asked you do live in BKK?........which, to be fair I have done for over a year., and not thinking about I just said yes................although my registered address is in Isan!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Thinking back the girl who logged me in at Phyathai did point to my paperwork and asked you do live in BKK?........which, to be fair I have done for over a year., and not thinking about I just said yes................although my registered address is in Isan!!!!!!!

LOL...Slipping through the cracks is seeming to be the only workable solution right now.  Congratulations, and yes I'm jealous...and also exhausted with all of the effort of such a simple thing as just being registered, let alone to actually receive a jab. 

Only in the Magic Kingdom where everything is an illusion and nothing is for real!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

LOL...Slipping through the cracks is seeming to be the only workable solution right now.  Congratulations, and yes I'm jealous...and also exhausted with all of the effort of such a simple thing as just being registered, let alone to actually receive a jab. 

Only in the Magic Kingdom where everything is an illusion and nothing is for real!

Fingers crossed for you......

• Thanks 1

With the complete cluster**** that are the private hospitals in Pattaya, maybe check out Samitivej Sriracha - i emailed a month or so ago and got put on a list; this morning got a call verifying my interest in Moderna for October.  No payment yet, they will reach out again when it gets to that point.  Very well spoken rep, excellent English - I was pleasantly surprised.  

Its not Pattaya (but at least Chonburi) and who knows what will happen in the future but this may be an option.

Edited by TimBKK
  • Like 1

On Thursday I emailed Pattaya International asking about Moderna as I was on their waiting list.  They wrote:

”They only gave us 100 doses of Moderna, it was out very fast. That was 3 weeks ago! We do not have any vaccine available for the public.”

I asked for clarification - what about the 4 million does ordered by the RTG, certainly the hospital can place an order based on their waiting list? - and the response was:

”I don’t believe we can order the Morderna, we would of order more than 100 doses. The government controls how much to distribute the hospitals. The Morderna book is already full and we will not accept new registration until everyone who paid their deposit are done. When we are ready to register the deposit Moderna it will be seen from our FaceBook page to come in to register & deposit. We do not want to take deposit from patients and not be able to full fill the service on time, because no one truly knows the government plans.

Regards,

Man

Ps. Please make sure you register with every hospital you can!”

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 10:32 AM, Jingthing said:

Just in case anyone actually believes the narrative that any expat in Pattaya that wants a vaccine in a timely manner in Pattaya can get a vaccine in Pattaya and if they can't get it, it's their own darned fault rather than the systems in places (such as they are).

This article reflects the TRUTH that I know. We are as a class BLOCKED. That's an objective fact. People can theorize about WHY this has happened, the possible motivations behind it or is it just random unplanned chaos, but you can't in good faith deny that it IS happening.  

Most Pattaya expats expect their Covid-19 jabs sometime next year - Pattaya Mail

The Pattaya Mail is reporting the 'prophesying' of an unknown quantity of anonymous foreigners. You believe in prophesies. I see.

On 7/2/2021 at 11:22 AM, robblok said:

Havent been vaccinated yet but registered a while back for moderna at a THG and yesterday i had the option to pay a deposit. I promptly did so got a confirmation.

Now its only waiting until they call me up. I dont expect it to be fast.

This is BKK not Pattaya but anyone being serious about vaccination would not mind to travel.

If you are desperate to be vaccinated, try somewhere else. That's the point I have been trying to make but the OP and some of his blinkered acolytes prefer to feed themselves on the, "They don't like us here" theory and slap down the otherwise good and salient advice as off-topic, irrelevant and trolling.

On 7/2/2021 at 12:41 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I'm pretty confident the waiting lists are just for the falang to go away and stop pestering the hospitals, i doubt anything will come of it

Were you one of the 'prophesying' farangs contacted by the Pattaya Mail?

On 7/2/2021 at 1:21 PM, WaveHunter said:

THe only problem with your suggestion is that you must be a legal resident of the province that you seek vaccination from, so Bangkok is not an option for anyone resideing in another province, unfortunately.

As already pointed out by other members (and summarily dismissed by yourself as somehow irrelevant), this is totally untrue and forever will be untrue. My American friend's wife just got vaccinated at Tha Bo in Nong Khai where she has a business and despite living in Udon Thani (tibian bahn).

I will admit that when I first contributed to this thread, I related the story of my friend who lives in Pattaya (he deals with Jomtien Immigration so yes, he's a Pattaya resident) securing AZ vaccination at Phaya Thai Hospital in Bangkok for him and his family. This was incorrect. He booked for his family but he being older was the only one to get the early confirmed date. He received his first shot last Thursday as planned. His wife and daughter are still on the list.

He was given a heads-up on the recent BH Pattaya's online Moderna booking by his dentist who works at BH Pattaya. Accordingly, he went online just after midnight and secured three bookings, one for his wife, one for his daughter and the third one for himself just in case there's a hiccup on his PT second shot or if he needs a booster.

For information and guidance only.

25 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If you are desperate to be vaccinated, try somewhere else. That's the point I have been trying to make but the OP and some of his blinkered acolytes prefer to feed themselves on the, "They don't like us here" theory and slap down the otherwise good and salient advice as off-topic, irrelevant and trolling.

If i was desperate id try other things. I want to get vaccinated but don't mind waiting for moderna. I want the best vaccine there is. I certainly don't want shinovax. Pfizer and Moderna are best then comes Astra and long last shinovax.

I just wait.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Talk on facebook the Moderna will be March now, glad to have not paid upfront

Why pay anything at all.....When in most places jabs are 100% free sometimes with a bonus of free donuts and free lottery tickets... 

8 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Why pay anything at all.....When in most places jabs are 100% free sometimes with a bonus of free donuts and free lottery tickets... 

I agree, I'm fine with Astrazeneca, if that's not possible I'll even have the Sinovac but I'll be checking the bottles for obvious signs of deterioration....anyway i could be waiting a while

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The Pattaya Mail is reporting the 'prophesying' of an unknown quantity of anonymous foreigners. You believe in prophesies. I see.

Were you one of the 'prophesying' farangs contacted by the Pattaya Mail?

As already pointed out by other members (and summarily dismissed by yourself as somehow irrelevant), this is totally untrue and forever will be untrue. My American friend's wife just got vaccinated at Tha Bo in Nong Khai where she has a business and despite living in Udon Thani (tibian bahn).

I will admit that when I first contributed to this thread, I related the story of my friend who lives in Pattaya (he deals with Jomtien Immigration so yes, he's a Pattaya resident) securing AZ vaccination at Phaya Thai Hospital in Bangkok for him and his family. This was incorrect. He booked for his family but he being older was the only one to get the early confirmed date. He received his first shot last Thursday as planned. His wife and daughter are still on the list.

He was given a heads-up on the recent BH Pattaya's online Moderna booking by his dentist who works at BH Pattaya. Accordingly, he went online just after midnight and secured three bookings, one for his wife, one for his daughter and the third one for himself just in case there's a hiccup on his PT second shot or if he needs a booster.

For information and guidance only.

So as you claim.to know so much and are positioning yourself as somehow superior to the vast majority of expats in Pattaya that have been frustrated in seeking jabs in a timely manner, instead of continuing to do your weird kind of derision dance, tell us:

Exactly how does a Pattaya expat secure vaccines in a timely manner RIGHT NOW?

You know, just the actual topic here.

Got anything about that?

If so, thank you.

If not, quelle surprise.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

If i was desperate id try other things. I want to get vaccinated but don't mind waiting for moderna. I want the best vaccine there is. I certainly don't want shinovax. Pfizer and Moderna are best then comes Astra and long last shinovax.

I just wait.

The single J&J jab would be a good  choice too.....  presuming I cold fly someplace, get it, and come straight back with limited or no quarantine......

Edited by jacko45k

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I agree completely.

But the problem is that there is nothing on offer right now for expats in Pattaya.

Not talking about the few that slipped in before with Mor Phrom pink cards, etc.

Not talking about nebulous Moderna lists far into the future.

Talking about right now. There is no path for expats here  to begin a process to get jabs of anything in the near future.

Nothing for low risk expats. 

Nothing for high risk expats.

No walk in registrations. 

No in-person registrations.

No thailandintervac.com registrations for here or anywhere.

So advising people not to delay is wise but at this point delaying is what we've got.

I agree, merely pointing out that with over 6000 new cases a day, covid's coming to a soi near you, and soon.

If / when you are offered ANY vaccine, one may consider taking it, rather than holding out for a vaccine of choice.  

The fact that no vaccine is currently on offer to expats at the moment leaves elderly expats, being a high risk group, like sitting ducks, as covid spreads throughout Thailand.  It's only a matter of time before some expats are infected and succumb to the disease.  

I said last year that covid will expose Thailand for the 3rd World Country that it truly is.  I still stand by that statement.   

38 minutes ago, Guderian said:

While we're busy contemplating our navels, waiting for the next exciting development in the "Covid vaccines for dirty farangs" saga, there's a short but interesting article in the newspaper-that-must-not-be-quoted about how the government has got itself stuck in a corner. I wasn't aware that a Thai conglomerate is a business partner and investor in Sinovac, which explains why it's the Chinese vaccine of choice here rather than the much more effective Sinopharm. If you want a five-minute read while waiting for the next move in the vaccine game, Google Prayut government stuck in self made trap and look for the article in the Krungtep Mail, well, you know the rag I mean, lol.

Well, you know what they say in Thailand, "Every crisis has a silver lining."  ????

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

The risk of waiting for choice of vaccine is you could become infected in the mean time, and should you be one of the ones to react to it, then it's all over. 

The tragedy may be, another vaccine may have been available, a lot sooner, and may have saved your life, yet, you chose to wait for the vaccine of your choice.  

It's an individual decision, but for some, probably many, it might be best to take whatever is on offer, as soon as possible.

Yes its a choice but im 47 and no underlying conditions. So i risk it. Plus to get something else is hard too. 

32 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes its a choice but im 47 and no underlying conditions. So i risk it. Plus to get something else is hard too. 

The risk has several factors, regardless of age.

Firstly, will I get infected?

Secondly, will my body react to it?

Thirdly, what long term damage does covid have on the human body?

Even at a younger age, it would be best to address the first one, and not have to worry about the second and third ones.  

Statistics coming out of the UK shows that the majority of new cases are now vaccinated people.   

As Thailand gets through vaccinating Thai's, and starts to ease restrictions, and possibly open up the country, the chances of being infected increase significantly.   

In any case, it's No. 3 above that a younger age does not protect against.

Initially, my thoughts were to hold out for a top tier vaccine.  Due to Thailand's policies, I am starting to change my mind and I'm considering taking whatever vaccine I can get, whenever I can get it.

Of course, it's an individual decision, and we all must weigh up our personal circumstances and risk profiles. 

Good Luck to all.   

• Like 1