Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

2 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

These child-like, nonspecific declarative statements are useless - if you have specific information, post it.  If not, stop wasting people’s time.

I agree. They are basically another method of heckling. 

• Haha 2

On 6/21/2021 at 8:40 PM, NanLaew said:

Apart from some short trips to Ubon, I've been in Udon all the time.

Yet on another thread you have just come out of ASQ. Something doesn't add up. Lets keep it real eh? I'm with @Jingthing on this COVID stuff needs practical info not keyboard hearsay.

Edited by Hamus Yaigh
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

These child-like, nonspecific declarative statements are useless - if you have specific information, post it.  If not, stop wasting people’s time.

50 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

That can only be true, if Travel itself is never the same again.

And yes there is a possibility.

Please, do not edit my posts to back up your name calling nonsense posts.

A Message to American Citizens in Thailand from Chargé d’Affaires Michael G. Heath makes me think that the embassy and State Department don't care about US citizens in foreign countries.  https://th.usembassy.gov/a-message-to-american-citizens-in-thailand-from-charge-daffaires-michael-heath          _____  I didn't see anything positive for resolving our situation with the not our problem, now go away position. How difficult can it be to require Thailand to vaccinate all American citizens in exchange for the valuable and expensive gift of free QUALITY vaccines paid for with our tax money? I suspect the American donations will be used for the HiSo community and the Chinese vaccines will eventually be available for expats.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I visited two private hospitals today:

Memorial hospital:

Sign at the back (emergency) entrance saying; Covid-19 vaccinations fully booked. A lady doctor passed as I talked to the guard and she said they expect to receive the modena vaccinations in October.

Pattaya International hospital:

Got to the reception desk and asked about the C-19 Vac: She gave me a big note book and asked me to write my name, phone no and age in it. No ID was needed. I was number 5xx in that book, they have another book for Thais I was told when I asked.

I asked her when? Don't know!

Which vaccine? Don't know!

We will call you when we have news!

I got a felling this was some sort of a ploy to get me out of there quickly, so that I think I have achieved something and walk away smiling. I could be wrong off course and they might ring me in 3-6 month time, who knows?  

I smiled though gritted teeth (under the mask) when I left.

Again, except for the limited program for the French people (Congratulations to them) there is no way now for expats in general (perhaps there are some with special connections and also those with PREVIOUS bookings from Mor Phrom, etc.) to secure access to vaccinations at the current time in Pattaya. To repeat: no way. Yet Americans here (yes many of us are elderly and with risky health conditions) were insulted today by our own embassy that they think we're being taken care of by the Thai government. 

How to get vaccines now in Pattaya:

Not from Mor Phrom

Not from thailandintervac.com

Not going in person to hospitals, whether the hospital knows you already or not

Not to pay for Moderna coming in October (bookings closed)

There was a member here who said I was wrong, and I asked him if he knows about this, to tell us the specific details about what he knows to prove that I am wrong.

CRICKETS. 

Other areas have done much better. Particularly Chiang Mai.

But not here in Pattaya.

It almost feels as if we're going backwards. Before we were getting promises about stuff to come such as thailandintervac actually working and having a Pattaya hospital. But now we're not even hearing promises. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Again, except for the limited program for the French people (Congratulations to them) there is no way now for expats in general (perhaps there are some with special connections and also those with PREVIOUS bookings from Mor Phrom, etc.) to secure access to vaccinations at the current time in Pattaya. To repeat: no way. Yet Americans here (yes many of us are elderly and with risky health conditions) were insulted today by our own embassy that they think we're being taken care of by the Thai government. 

How to get vaccines now in Pattaya:

Not from Mor Phrom

Not from thailandintervac.com

Not going in person to hospitals, whether the hospital knows you already or not

Not to pay for Moderna coming in October (bookings closed)

There was a member here who said I was wrong, and I asked him if he knows about this, to tell us the specific details about what he knows to prove that I am wrong.

CRICKETS. 

Other areas have done much better. Particularly Chiang Mai.

But not here in Pattaya.

It almost feels as if we're going backwards. Before we were getting promises about stuff to come such as thailandintervac actually working and having a Pattaya hospital. But now we're not even hearing promises. 

Can you not go to CM if it's better there?

Good news and bad news, lol.

First the good news: you can now register for a free vaccine shot at Bangkok Pattaya hospital. Now the bad news: naturellement, it's only for the French. Still, it's good to see someone getting somewhere in this unbelievable mess. 

FB_IMG_1624464387764.jpg.10f7fabe6be906c8ef6e1237f4db9d5f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Guderian said:

Good news and bad news, lol.

First the good news: you can now register for a free vaccine shot at Bangkok Pattaya hospital. Now the bad news: naturellement, it's only for the French. Still, it's good to see someone getting somewhere in this unbelievable mess. 

FB_IMG_1624464387764.jpg.10f7fabe6be906c8ef6e1237f4db9d5f.jpg

Yes.

This was recently covered here already but any local over 55 French people missed it

16 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

We are heartened by Thai government commitments to vaccinate Americans and other foreign nationals who reside here, just as Thai

Well guess what, it isn't happening so think again.

(Directed towards Mr Heath not Taasaparot).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I could be wrong off course and they might ring me in 3-6 month time, who knows?  

Do you think you have 3 to 6 months?

Over 3000 new cases a day in Thailand, and they are just the ones reported.  

This is quite an interesting article covering the whole of Chonburi, but also relevant to Pattaya, of course.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/24/chonburi-governor-seeking-to-open-pattaya-for-foreign-tourists-later-this-year-talks-about-bar-and-service-sector-closures/#

A couple of things struck me:

In total there are more than 1.17 million people who have registered to get a Covid-19 vaccine in Chonburi. About 15 percent of those who have registered have had at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine so far.

The Covid-19 vaccines we get available in the near future will be given to people at high-risk venues like markets and factories first to help resolve the problems in these hotspots.  Next month the Chonburi Social Security Office will receive 160,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccines for insured persons who have previously registered. Pattaya City has also ordered 100,000 doses privately which is set to be given to the elderly, those with pre-existing health conditions, and tourism industry workers to prepare to reopen later in the year.

No mention of any provisions by the authorities to vaccinate elderly and at-risk expats in the foreseeable future, then, it seems we might end up completely dependent on the private hospitals and their very limited supplies. A flight back to the UK for a few months is starting to seem more and more sensible.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes.

This was recently covered here already but any local over 55 French people missed it

Yes, I know that, but this was taken from BHP's website, it's actually happening for the lucky old French.

• Like 1

And to compound our joy this fine morning, it now seems that the GPO says that only half the number of Moderna doses originally ordered will be available. 10 million were ordered, but now only 5 million are expected. Maybe that's why Memorial and PIH suddenly pulled the plug on registrations?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I'm sure there's a lot of British, German, Dutch and other nationalities in Pattaya and Thailand who feel exactly the same way!

I'm sure you are 100% correct.  I have a feeling that the French expats were very vocal about their concerns and that's why their Embassy finally took some action.  I mean, "it's the squeaky wheel that gets greased"

Personally I'm writing an email to the Ambassador's office each day.  Maybe it will amount to nothing, but maybe it will, and at any rate, it relieves some of my frustration over the absurdity of the current situation.

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I'm sure you are 100% correct.  I have a feeling that the French expats were very vocal about their concerns and that's why their Embassy finally took some action.  I mean, "it's the squeaky wheel that gets greased"

If some of them were farmers......oh boy!!!

22 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Sadly back up today... as it was Tuesday.

We are heading towards another full lockdown with curfew.  The situation is not improving, it's getting worse.

Edited by Leaver

38 minutes ago, Leaver said:

We are heading towards another full lockdown with curfew.  The situation is not improving, it's getting worse.

That's what's needed, especially in Bangkok, but Prayut and Anutin are in complete denial about the gravity of the situation and, until such time as the health system is completely overwhelmed and they're cremating corpses in the streets outside the  temples, or they're washing up on Pattaya Beach, they're not going to do anything that might imperil their precious Phuket sandbox or October reopening plans. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Do you think you have 3 to 6 months?

Over 3000 new cases a day in Thailand, and they are just the ones reported.  

Are you being serious?

If so, you really need to do some education on this pandemic.

Please try to keep posts here within the purpose of this topic.

How expats in Pattaya can access vaccines in Pattaya. 

Yes I know there isn't much to report about that now except that we can't.

However there are plenty of other pandemic related topics where you can discuss all manner of pandemic stuff.

This is not that.

The focus here is very specific and very narrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember a while back people were finding some hope in an announcement that we would be getting some kind of LOCAL online registration system (as thailandintervac appears to be indefinitely non-functional for new signups and you can't even login there even if they have your record)?

But the devil is in the details, as usual.

Based on this article, I'm not reading anything about Pattaya expat access into this news:

Pattaya readies registration form for Sinopharm vaccinations - Pattaya Mail

Pattaya will soon roll out an online registration form to allow city residents to sign up for Covid-19 vaccinations from a new shipment of the Chinese vaccine it purchased.

Pattaya earlier this month ordered 100,000 doses of BBIBP-CorV developed by China National Pharmaceutical Group, which is commonly known as Sinopharm. The city spent 8.8 million baht of its own budget to procure vaccines directly from Chulabhorn Royal Academy as the central government has not allocated Chonburi enough doses to allow it to reopen to foreign tourists by October.

Let's break this down, shall we?

City residents? It certainly sounds like expats if they are included would not qualify based on passport ID, the same as Mor Phrom.

Even then, as expats weren't mentioned in a press report from a news source aimed at expats, whether even expats that have the proof of local house registration or not is uncertain. 

Also, it's another announcement with no timeline promise.

That said if you're a local expat with a pink card, lets keep track of this, and if you want Sinopharm, assuming this does eventually go online, please test this out and report whether you're accepted for this as a Non-Thai.

Edited by Jingthing

Well this FAQ seems to address the question of foreigner access to the Sinopharm rollout here. Can someone tell me if they think this means expats with pink cards can register on this or not?

Pattaya City Project with ???? (google.com)

Pattaya City Project with ???? (google.com)

(Translated with google translate)

2. In the case of foreigners / migrant workers Can I register? - Foreigners/migrant workers Still unable to register with Pattaya City. *** But *** In the case of having a Thai ID card (blue card), you can register.

Edited by Jingthing

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

How expats in Pattaya can access vaccines in Pattaya

Perhaps you could expand that.... someone just posted that he took a car to Bangkok and got jabbed there. I see that as a suitable option....