Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

16 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

I checked and my date for the second vaccination on the Mor Prom app has been changed from October 12th to September 28th. Emailed them to confirm.

Good to hear they are finally getting smart about timing of second vaccination.  Twelve weeks spacing was ridiculous when you looked at science-based information.  

I received email confirmation of the vaccination date change and a copy of my updated booking appointment slip. They also added: For your information, currently there will be no allocation of COVID-19 vaccination in our hospital for the AstraZeneca in October 2021 onwards. Hence, we encourage you to complete your vaccination as per your new schedule.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

BHP is a ridiculous hospital when it comes to their policy on Covid vaccinations IMO.  Very unprofessional! 

Yep, I have to agree with you there. The woman on the phone wouldn't even let me ask my question, as soon as I mentioned 'vaccine' that was it, she must have stuffed some wax plus in her ears as she didn't want to know what my problem was and just kept saying that no, we cannot, cannot. Subtext: sod off, you stupid farang!

I was actually phoning to make an appointment to see the dermatologist I've been using there for the last 12 years, Dr. Anna, but I was told that she's decided to only work on one day this entire month. Really, combined with their nasty, racist attempt to make sure that farangs were the last to register for Moderna a few months ago, the only reason I'm still using them is that PIH and Memorial seem to be just as corrupt and money-grubbing.

Edited by Guderian

I think I got lucky on the date change because of my emailed request to move up my date.  So, through sheer happenstance, they replied with the news of the date changes for everyone. But they have sent mixed messages on when the hospital will stop conducting second jabs. I'd advise everybody to confirm their dates and venues by phone or email. 

By the way, I did not get a date notification via Mor Prom, my record being set up by Phyathai. Of course, it's been very frustrating using another phone with Google Translate to read my Mor Prom info on my primary phone. 

Overall, though, I certainly agree Phyathai 2 Hospital is very professional and very contactable. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 3:22 PM, Guderian said:

Yep, I have to agree with you there. The woman on the phone wouldn't even let me ask my question, as soon as I mentioned 'vaccine' that was it, she must have stuffed some wax plus in her ears as she didn't want to know what my problem was and just kept saying that no, we cannot, cannot. Subtext: sod off, you stupid farang!

I was actually phoning to make an appointment to see the dermatologist I've been using there for the last 12 years, Dr. Anna, but I was told that she's decided to only work on one day this entire month. Really, combined with their nasty, racist attempt to make sure that farangs were the last to register for Moderna a few months ago, the only reason I'm still using them is that PIH and Memorial seem to be just as corrupt and money-grubbing.

It's really ironic how they treat Faranags at BHP considering that they bill themselves as a "premiere international hospital" LOL! 

I've used them several times in the past for minor things like flu shots, check-ups, etc, and every single time, simply getting somebody who had even basic fluency in English was impossible.  Worse, the ones who did speak English would pretend to not understand a question if it was something they preferred not to discuss (like their policy on Covid vaccinations for forangs. 

I have to say though that their doctors are top notch....excellent medical knowledge and skills, compassionate, and comfortably fluent in English.  

If there is any questions of how disliked BHP staff and administrators are by Farangs, one only needs to glance at their facebook page to see all of the negative / angry comments made by Farnags, especially back in July when BHP did not live up to their word about Covid registration.

By contrast, when I finally gave up on them and went into Bangkok for my Covid vaccinations at PhyaThai for jab one, and then to MedPark for jab two (because they were willing to allow me to have it only several weeks later instead of having to wait 12 weeks), their treatment of Farangs was amazing!  Very friendly and efficient, many of the staff spoke English better than a native speaker like me! 

And most important of all, they were good listeners!  If you had a question they were willing to carefully and patiently listen to you and then respond appropriately and in an incredibly helpful way. 

I mean, I was truly impressed at BOTH hospitals.  Definitely first-class all the way!  It may be a bit of a pain having to drive into Bangkok from Pattaya, but well worth it IMO!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

. . . 

By contrast, when I finally gave up on them and went into Bangkok for my Covid vaccinations at PhyaThai for jab one, and then to MedPark for jab two (because they were willing to allow me to have it only several weeks later instead of having to wait 12 weeks), their treatment of Farangs was amazing!  Very friendly and efficient, many of the staff spoke English better than a native speaker like me! 

And most important of all, they were good listeners!  If you had a question they were willing to carefully and patiently listen to you and then respond appropriately and in an incredibly helpful way. 

I mean, I was truly impressed at BOTH hospitals.  Definitely first-class all the way!  It may be a bit of a pain having to drive into Bangkok from Pattaya, but well worth it IMO!

Agree 100%. Questions were never a problem, they were only too happy to answer. Considering how hard these people were working every day, it was most impressive. 

• Like 1

Just received this SMS from PhayaThai 2 Hospital    translated by google 

You have an appointment to vaccinate for COVID-19, needle 2 at Phayathai Hospital 2 *Please park your car at season mall Phahonyothin Soi 1 to reduce congestion. and received injections on the 9th floor (parking building A) within the hospital. On September 30, 1964 at 11 a.m. Prepare your ID card and arrive 30 minutes before your appointment.shorturl.at/akzY0

are they administrating the 2nd Vaccine in the car park now ??

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, banglay said:

Just received this SMS from PhayaThai 2 Hospital    translated by google 

are they administrating the 2nd Vaccine in the car park now ??

Apparently, you can choose any of the four days, Monday through Thursday regardless of your specified date.

THURSDAY IS THE FINAL DAY!

https://m.facebook.com/phyathai2hospitalenglish/photos/a.114956413592861/386549933100173/?type=3&source=48

I confirmed this over the phone. 

The fb page says open 9 to 2 but I was told on the phone that it's really till 4.

I don’t understand the car park thing either but I was told you can enter the same place as the first dose and walk through to find access to the correct building. You can ask directions. Also the vaccine site is not the same as before. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Apparently, you can choose any of the four days, Monday through Thursday regardless of your specified date.

THURSDAY IS THE FINAL DAY!

https://m.facebook.com/phyathai2hospitalenglish/photos/a.114956413592861/386549933100173/?type=3&source=48

I confirmed this over the phone. 

The fb page says open 9 to 2 but I was told on the phone that it's really till 4.

I don’t understand the car park thing either but I was told you can enter the same place as the first dose and walk through to find access to the correct building. You can ask directions. Also the vaccine site is not the same as before. 

I sent Phayathai2 a email to confirm the above and I received this email back within 5 minutes 

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Phyathai 2 Hospital!

Further to your email, please be advised that as per the updated schedule, you 2nd dose appointment is on 30 September 2021  However, if you would prefer to come earlier, you may receive the vaccine between 27 to 29 September 2021 from 09:00-16:00 hours. Please bring your original passport and previous appointment card and proceed to 9th Floor, Carpark Building A, Phyathai 2 Hospital.

Hoping that this ifnormation serves you well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, banglay said:

I sent Phayathai2 a email to confirm the above and I received this email back within 5 minutes 

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Phyathai 2 Hospital!

Further to your email, please be advised that as per the updated schedule, you 2nd dose appointment is on 30 September 2021  However, if you would prefer to come earlier, you may receive the vaccine between 27 to 29 September 2021 from 09:00-16:00 hours. Please bring your original passport and previous appointment card and proceed to 9th Floor, Carpark Building A, Phyathai 2 Hospital.

Hoping that this ifnormation serves you well.

Thank you.

Always better to see it in writing. 

It's weird that the FB page says they close at 2 pm though.

Edited by Jingthing

To get to (Carpark) Building A, floor 9: Enter directly from the main street into Building B with the Starbucks in the lobby and where you first got vetted for jab 1. Look up and follow the sign to Bldg A. In short, immediately turn left in front of the Starbucks area, walk down a really nondescript hallway and turn right. I believe this is where you can see a small interior driveway between buildings. Traffic left to right. Cross here and wait in line for the really puny elevators (3 of them) in Bldg A up to floor 9. A staffer will be there to guide traffic. 

After you finally reach floor 9, bear left and into a waiting area. Ignore and keep on going to a doorway on the right. Enter another waiting area with all the action. Register here and sit. Get your pen out for another Q&A check box paper. Things moved fairly fast. 

If I'm slightly off, there's always someone to guide you there. Other than the great staff, P2 Hospital facilities are overall too compact and claustrophobic for my liking.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

To get to (Carpark) Building A, floor 9: Enter directly from the main street into Building B with the Starbucks in the lobby and where you first got vetted for jab 1. Look up and follow the sign to Bldg A. In short, immediately turn left in front of the Starbucks area, walk down a really nondescript hallway and turn right. I believe this is where you can see a small interior driveway between buildings. Traffic left to right. Cross here and wait in line for the really puny elevators (3 of them) in Bldg A up to floor 9. A staffer will be there to guide traffic. 

After you finally reach floor 9, bear left and into a waiting area. Ignore and keep on going to a doorway on the right. Enter another waiting area with all the action. Register here and sit. Get your pen out for another Q&A check box paper. Things moved fairly fast. 

If I'm slightly off, there's always someone to guide you there. Other than the great staff, P2 Hospital facilities are overall too compact and claustrophobic for my liking.

can you please confirm is it the 9th floor in the car park area  ??? or the 9th floor inside the actual  hospital building 

14 minutes ago, banglay said:

can you please confirm is it the 9th floor in the car park area  ??? or the 9th floor inside the actual  hospital building 

It's Building A. There will be several elevator stops on car park levels on the way up to floor 9, which is an actual hospital floor. It's a very weird experience.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
Detail
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2021 at 5:26 PM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

It's Building A. There will be several elevator stops on car park levels on the way up to floor 9, which is an actual hospital floor. It's a very weird experience.

so can you park in building A, to save getting a lift up to 9

9 minutes ago, steve187 said:

so can you park in building A, to save getting a lift up to 9

I don't know anything about parking. I don't drive here. But a tip: Parking floors are in the middle floors between G and 9 (top floor). You're actually better to get on the lifts at ground level because they're so tiny (4-5 persons max) and only three of them, no one from a parking floor has room to get on. Seen this many times.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
Detail
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My inquiring mind wants to know. Will us Pattaya to Bangkok AZ. vaxxers be able to eventually get an mRNA booster in Pattaya or are we stuck on the Bsngkok jab track for the duration?

Glad to see you getting your second jab Jingthing. I am actually happy to be in the current system, which has worked well & linked us to Mor Phrom & a usable online vaccine certificate/future vaccine passport. I really do not object to the occasional trip to BKK for a jab, and if the official system offers a PTY alternative that's fine, but I am not going outside the system.

Edited by Harry2
Missed 'do'...not
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry2 said:

Glad to see you getting your second jab Jingthing. I am actually happy to be in the current system, which has worked well & linked us to Mor Phrom & a usable online vaccine certificate/future vaccine passport. I really not object to the occasional trip to BKK for a jab, and if the official system offers a PTY alternative that's fine, but I am not going outside the system.

The system could be more flexible.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The system could be more flexible.

Agreed & maybe it will become more flexible. But given all their other vaccine/covid/economic issues Thailand faces it may not be a high priority for the authorities. As we both know, it was chaotic earlier with endless false leads, so to get into a working - albeit imperfect - system is for me the key.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I was there today and it was rather a madhouse compared to the first dose. Arrived noonish which was probably the reason for the congestion.

arrived at 8.50 building b next to starbucks, as guderian posted obtain a number to go upstairs to 9th floor building A in groups, where you are given a fresh number, and are jabbed in that order. so don't dilly dally at the lift as i did, all dome and dusted left the building at 10.10, mor prom app updated, when they give you the vaccine cert, you can just leave then

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, steve187 said:

arrived at 8.50 building b next to starbucks, as guderian obtain a number to go upstairs to 9th floor building A in groups, where you are given a fresh number, and are jabbed in that order. so don't dilly dally at the lift as i did, all dome and dusted left the building at 10.10, mor prom app updated, when they give you the vaccine cert, you can just leave then

It was a full two hours for me 

• Like 1

I left Bang Saray this morning a 08:00 hrs   stopped to top up with diesel . traffic a lot busier than before   parked up  at  the Season mall Next door  the hospital (as per instruction on the SMS I received ) It was a lot easier Parking there than the hospital car park for sure . In  jabbed and on my way back home in less than one hour ..... Parked my truck on my drive at 13:40 hrs     So a 5hr 40 min round trip I call that a result .

• Like 1

Went to Phyathai 2 in Bangkok with a buddy for our second Astra jabs. He was scheduled for Tuesday and me for Wednesday.   I went along with him today (Tuesday) with my passport and they let me get jabbed today too.  No resistance whatsoever.  They didn't take my blood pressure either.

Afterward they give a proof of vaccination with dates and lot number.   My friend had a yellow vaccination book and you can get that filled out in the room next to where you get your original receipt.

My vaccination date was move dup 3 weeks so check your SMS.