Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

My Mrs (Thai, under 60, no underlying conditions) just got an invite to get get the Sino stuff at the indoor stadium. Also her mother, old as the hills, in rural Korat. So I am feeling more optimistic that things are moving along. 

On 8/24/2021 at 7:32 AM, kinyara said:

That was quick and thanks for the information. I went along today to get my hospital number as I couldn't find any old receipts. Got it and submitted and did ask the lady if she had any idea on timescales but she couldn't say. Would be a nice surprise if I were to get an SMS in a few days.

What is a hospital number? 

The whole emphsis of being in Thailand is after innoculation protection is afforded    not so  wide open     Infection detections are down because authorities have reduced testing  death rates have tripled in last week  

Live vaccine is a waste of time,efficiency is lost too quickly,az less so,but now boosters every MONTH  as efficiency goes down too with that one    Johnson and Chinese vaccine are a waste of space

14 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

What is a hospital number? 

It's the registration number assigned to you in their computer database when you first go for treatment and they take all your personal details and enter it into their system. So if you've had treatment in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital before just take your passport along and they'll be able to call up the number from their system.

6 minutes ago, kinyara said:

It's the registration number assigned to you in their computer database when you first go for treatment and they take all your personal details and enter it into their system. So if you've had treatment in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital before just take your passport along and they'll be able to call up the number from their system.

So having never been there I have to go there first and register, is the way it sounds. I'll call them, thanks.

8 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Death rates haven't tripled in the last week, they have remained pretty constant in the high 200 to 300 range, Whatever your views on vaccine effectiveness at least try and stick to the facts regarding verifiable statistics than hysterical nonsense.

From a base of under 90 just few weeks ago now  "pretty constant" with 300, now I knew it was nudging 280   but 300 seems an upward trend  even 400 range next 3 days

Coronavirus Daily Deaths Daily Deaths Deaths per Day Data as of 0:00 GMT+8 Feb 15, 2020 Sep 18, 2020 Apr 22, 2021 Mar 13, 2020 Apr 09, 2020 May 06, 2020 Jun 02, 2020 Jun 29, 2020 Jul 26, 2020 Aug 22, 2020 Oct 15, 2020 Nov 11, 2020 Dec 08, 2020 Jan 04, 2021 Jan 31, 2021 Feb 27, 2021 Mar 26, 2021 May 19, 2021 Jun 15, 2021 Jul 12, 2021 Aug 08, 2021 0 100 200 300 400 Daily Deaths 3-day moving average

Edited by fredscats

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

So having never been there I have to go there first and register, is the way it sounds. I'll call them, thanks.

Yes I should have said if you are not already registered just go along and they will set you up. I didn't have any luck getting anyone to answer on the phone number I tried so just went in.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Other than at weekends,  they are now hitting daily vaccinations rates around or above the current 560,000 level required to meet the target of 70% fully vaccinated by December 31st. If they can keep the supply sourcing chain running the outlook may not look as bleak as perhaps it did a month ago.

"bleak " ha ha     By Dec 31  the effects of the vaccinated will have worn off to a degree it was all a wasted effort,hoping it was not Chinese vac,now that is a wasted effort 

Its all there read reports    lol

• Confused 2

23 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

If it's any consolation, I didn't have a hospital patient number and never been to BPH either. I sent my registration in Tuesday got an SMS yesterday and have a appointment today at noon at CF.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jwdub12 said:

If it's any consolation, I didn't have a hospital patient number and never been to BPH either. I sent my registration in Tuesday got an SMS yesterday and have a appointment today at noon at CF.

I sent mine in without a number last night, but to hedge my bet will get my number here shortly and register again. Thank you.

• Like 1

I have just successfully registered on the Mor Phrom app using my details from the Phayathai 2 AZ jab. It showed a very detailed summary of my AZ jab details. It seems that this app may become Thailand vaccine e-passport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

I have just successfully registered on the Mor Phrom app using my details from the Phayathai 2 AZ jab. It showed a very detailed summary of my AZ jab details. It seems that this app may become Thailand vaccine e-passport.

I did the same yesterday. Yeah, everything was there. This probably means I'll have to wait till October for shot no. 2. I really wanted to have both shots to return home sooner, exempt from the 14 day quarantine.

Tip: If you're searching for the Mor Prom app on Apple App Store, drop the "h" from Phrom in the search function. Also, a Twitter user (Mattthewriter) takes you through the Thai language app login stuff. Linked on Richard Barrow's Twitter feed yesterday and also here on ASEAN Now. 

On 8/22/2021 at 1:20 PM, bookstore said:

Every since this virus has been in Thailand I have only been outside my house maybe 10 times in a year and half. And some one to run there mouth because I got my 2nd dose before them

did you get a certificate stating that you have been "fully vaxed" because if you didn't you might find yourself spending another year in your home with many options closed off because you cannot show you have been "properly fully vaxed"  - just sayin ????

reading between the lines from recent government announcements you will need to show a cert to gain access to certain things 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 4:29 PM, fredscats said:

bad news   AZ  and pfizer,  prom modera too losing effect after 6 months,not stated how much but if johnson anything to go by 61%

Correction 50%

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/coronavirus-news-covid-delta-variant-uk-cases-vaccine-passport/

there are so many reports like this that it is difficult to know what to believe - most of it is guess work as it hasn't yet been properly studied - many studies of this nature are ongoing in the UK and US and very obviously it is difficult to find groups of people to study long term as the vaccines have only mostly started being administered this year  (9 months or so) and delta has been around even less - the point is 

I take this stuff with a pinch of salt for now 

There is developing thinking that the best protection anyone can have is to  be fully vaccinated and also to have been infected with the virus which is now bringing into question the issue of booster shots - the jury is still out on that one and is currently being studied - the outcome could be that fully vaccinated people actually would be better getting infected with the virus if they haven't already as crazy as that sounds

13 hours ago, smedly said:

did you get a certificate stating that you have been "fully vaxed" because if you didn't you might find yourself spending another year in your home with many options closed off because you cannot show you have been "properly fully vaxed"  - just sayin ????

reading between the lines from recent government announcements you will need to show a cert to gain access to certain things 

No I did not get a certificate. This is kind of a grey area and it might get a little confusing. My first dose was AZ and the second dose was Pfizer. I received these at different hospitals so they wouldn't give me one. I am going to the US next week to the VA hospital and will explain this dilemma to them. If I have to I will get 2 more doses these to get the certificate  if something can't be worked out

2 hours ago, bookstore said:

No I did not get a certificate. This is kind of a grey area and it might get a little confusing. My first dose was AZ and the second dose was Pfizer. I received these at different hospitals so they wouldn't give me one. I am going to the US next week to the VA hospital and will explain this dilemma to them. If I have to I will get 2 more doses these to get the certificate  if something can't be worked out

Sending you a PM Re certificate. 

On 8/26/2021 at 7:08 AM, kinyara said:

I know I am going to get a lot of blow back from this but I feel it needs to be said for information. 3 months ago I got my first jab at Phyathai2 hospital. 2 weeks ago I got my second jab at Medpark Hospital. I used different email addresses but all of the other information was the same, passport etc and I was issued different Hospital registration/vaccination numbers. So when I received my second dose of Pfizer they would not give me a certificate of vaccination. I was scheduled for a second/third dose of Pfizer the end of September But due to some health problem I am returning to the US next week and will explain this dilemma to my doctor at the VA hospital for recommendation

11 minutes ago, bookstore said:

I know I am going to get a lot of blow back from this but I feel it needs to be said for information. 3 months ago I got my first jab at Phyathai2 hospital. 2 weeks ago I got my second jab at Medpark Hospital. I used different email addresses but all of the other information was the same, passport etc and I was issued different Hospital registration/vaccination numbers. So when I received my second dose of Pfizer they would not give me a certificate of vaccination. I was scheduled for a second/third dose of Pfizer the end of September But due to some health problem I am returning to the US next week and will explain this dilemma to my doctor at the VA hospital for recommendation

And without proper vac card or documents you can't return under the sandbox program. 

45 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

And without proper vac card or documents you can't return under the sandbox program. 

Yes I understand that so I might have to get 2 more doses in the US to receive the vaccination card. I am going to talk to the doctor at the VA hospital for recommendations. If they will not except the paper work I have from the hospitals here. The CDC is recommending a third dose. 

3 hours ago, bookstore said:

You got a first jab of AstraZeneca and then received an appointment for a second of AZ.  But instead of waiting for the second AZ jab you decided to use a program intended for those who had not received any vaccination at all and get yourself a Pfizer jab.  That is how you arrived at your dilemma.  Ignoring the rules and doing things your own way.  If you had simply waited to receive your scheduled second AZ jab you would not be in this situation.  You would be able to go to the US and return to Phuket through the Sandbox as you would have been fully vaccinated with AZ.  So I agree you now have a dilemma but it's one of your own making.

1 hour ago, bookstore said:

It's strange how it works out, reading this thread I get the distinct feeling that those who were patient and trusted that the vaccination program would commence in Pattaya will end up getting fully vaccinated quicker and with a lot less hassle than the more outspoken contributors to this thread who sought out the earliest possible solution elsewhere.

From your story you seemed to have gone quite a complicated route that you thought was in your best interests.

• Like 1