Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

16 hours ago, Guderian said:

It obviously doesn't hurt to have the yellow book, but I'm not sure how important it is now. The digital certificate from the Mor Prom app is a national proof-of-vaccination certificate, in both Thai and English, with your relevant personal details on it plus details of the vaccines. That's everything the UK has asked for, anyway, so along with the paper certificate from the hospital I'd treat the yellow book as a backup to Mor Prom, just in case.

Yep my thinking is it does no harm to accumulate as many different docs re vaccination as possible. I will be travelling to countries in Europe & Asia next year & some may have different documentation requirements from the UK.

Also IF its the case that proof of vaccination is needed in restaurants & bars in parts of Europe, the Yellow Card may be more useful than other forms of proof. Reality is nobody knows what the rules will be & how they will be interpreted around the world in 2022, so I am getting everything I can.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

So where would someone go to get a Sinovac vax in Pattaya?

I am only interested in Sinovac......Can you just walk into a hospital and ask for a appointment?

I'm assuming you don't want an mRNA type vaccine so why not AstraZeneca?

Just now, Jingthing said:

I'm assuming you don't want an mRNA type vaccine so why not AstraZeneca?

Well I have blood issues in the past so I figure Sinovac would be the safest.......But I am not sure about how to go about finding it...

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Well I have blood issues in the past so I figure Sinovac would be the safest.......But I am not sure about how to go about finding it...

Well this is pretty sad, after 87 pages, no one has any idea about getting the vax you want in Pattaya....

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

So where would someone go to get a Sinovac vax in Pattaya?

I am only interested in Sinovac......Can you just walk into a hospital and ask for a appointment?

Have you tried City Hospital on Soi Buakhow? They have been vaxxing Thais for some weeks there and 1st dose for my gf was Sinovac. She went on the off chance 3/4 weeks ago and was given an appointment for the following day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topt said:

Have you tried City Hospital on Soi Buakhow? They have been vaxxing Thais for some weeks there and 1st dose for my gf was Sinovac. She went on the off chance 3/4 weeks ago and was given an appointment for the following day.

Thanks I will go check that out....

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

the wife went to Banglamung hospital yesterday they were giving sinovac ,but she did not want it ,went to Bangkok Pattaya and booked an Astra Zenica for the 20th.

the reason she is not vaxed is that she was supposed to get Moderna this week ,but its still not arrived.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ivor bigun said:

the wife went to Banglamung hospital yesterday they were giving sinovac ,but she did not want it ,went to Bangkok Pattaya and booked an Astra Zenica for the 20th.

the reason she is not vaxed is that she was supposed to get Moderna this week ,but its still not arrived.

Thanks I will check this out too..

46 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Well this is pretty sad, after 87 pages, no one has any idea about getting the vax you want in Pattaya....

Sinopharm may be easier to get as you can pay for it privately. I've had 2 doses. It's an inactive vaccine i think it's called. You could contact Chulabhorn Royal Academy (CRA) they are supplying it

Edited by scubascuba3

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sinopharm may be easier to get as you can pay for it privately. I've had 2 doses. It's an inactive vaccine i think it's called. You could contact Chulabhorn Royal Academy (CRA) they are supplying it

Great info....Yes I was also considering Sinopharm too.....How much did they charge? and did you notice any side effects?

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Great info....Yes I was also considering Sinopharm too.....How much did they charge? and did you notice any side effects?

Are you aware most of the world will consider you to be unvaccinated if you go for the Chinese vaccines?......obviously not a problem if you aren't going to travel or only going to China or HK.

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

About 1,000 baht a jab. Zero side effects. So far the UK haven't approved Sinopharm but I reckon they will in the future

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Are you aware most of the world will consider you to be unvaccinated if you go for the Chinese vaccines?......obviously not a problem if you aren't going to travel or only going to China or HK.

The WHO-approved vaccines that will be admitted for entry into the U.S. are:

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2021/09/23/sinovac-vaccine-among-those-approved-for-entry-into-the-u-s/

– Sinovac- Coronavac

– Sinopharm

– AstraZeneca

The FDA-approved vaccines are:

– Pfizer/BioNtech

– Moderna

– Janssen/Johnson & Johnson

CNN confirmed the information

Well the USA is the only place I want to go....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, topt said:

I got 2 doses of Sinovac there in June and July.  Worth a try.  

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 1:39 PM, Jingthing said:

I also think boosters MAY be more generally accessible six .months from now but there really is no way to predict the future on such things. 

My understanding is that various private sector Bangkok hospitals are accepting payment now for Moderna vaccinations to be administered in first and second quarter of 2022.That fit's in well with your time scale estimate (or at least it does for those of us who have had our second shot in the last few weeks)

I'm guessing that a third booster shot will in practice be difficult to arrange for foreigners though the government run programme, at least initially.Therefore those of us wanting the third booster will be considering using the private sector I note that authoritative Western studies suggest the AZ/AZ/Moderna sequence is very effective.

As a minor point I wonder if a private sector administered booster can be incorporated into the Thai government's certification arrangements.I see there is specific provision for a third dose in my Thai Government certification so perhaps there are in fact plans to cover booster shots in the government programme next year.

Got my second Phizer yesterday at Festival. Only stood in line for almost 4 hrs. Man I got there on time but the line to get in the mall took one hour. But I have to say it was pretty well done for as many people as they had. Got a kick out of the foreigners who just don't get the concept of personal space when in line.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fredscats said:

Second AZ coming up soon  Medpark.....no taxi this x   bus and BTS      Anyone know nearest BTS stop to Medpark?

It's MRT, Khlong Toie stop. I believe it's exit 2 but staff can tell you. It's a 5 minute walk to the huge hospital frontage on Rama 4. 

On 10/15/2021 at 2:00 PM, dabhand said:

Yet more vaccines available at BHP.

Again Pfizer but this time open to 18 and above for non-Thais. Register for appointment dates of 18th (800 doses) + 19th (1,000 doses) October. To be vaccinated at Central Festival, 6th floor.

https://www.facebook.com/bangkokhospitalpattaya

Closed today fully booked. I, and many others are booked same day for Astra second jab. Add these to the 1000 booked Pfizer I jabs it will be a nightmare queue.. 

14 hours ago, pontious said:

Closed today fully booked. I, and many others are booked same day for Astra second jab. Add these to the 1000 booked Pfizer I jabs it will be a nightmare queue.. 

They seem to have the appointment based bookings fairly well organised. The earlier congestion issues appear to be mainly connected with walk-ins where they have misjudged the high demand. Haven't seen walk-ins repeated so may have learnt their lesson. Good luck.

I am due my 2nd AZ jab early next month but at Building D at BPH, which was well organised for the 1st one.

• Like 1