Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

7 minutes ago, topt said:

Strange as my information, and others reporting on here, was that Medpark was free........

Over and above   look at medparks offers  up to yesterday  20th      goodbye       

Regarding the latest performance update of Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines: https://fb.watch/7vAflG-hyA/

We thought you may need a little bit more time to consider registering and paying for the Moderna vaccine. Therefore, we would like to inform you that we have extended the period of booking and paying for 2 doses of Moderna vaccine at 3,300 THB, to August 23, 2021.

Edited by fredscats

1 minute ago, topt said:

Appt sent by SMS one day before for 19th.

Second vax due 9th September.

Go to the 6th floor Central Festival - if you have a car easy to park on that floor, I know a friend who had to walk up internally and the escalators were not working....

Walk in, show sms and passport, given a form to fill in - mainly tick boxes.

Go to next station, wait for free chair, data entered in pc. They give you next appt slip. - hold onto this.

Go to next station which is actual vax - they check data with you and you can choose which arm.

Then go and sit for 30 minutes and they call out when 30 minutes is finished which is hand written on the form. Hand form in as you leave.

My appt was 10-11 and I turned up about 9.45. I only had to wait 2/3 minutes due to some other foreigners farting about at the data entry point but just depends how many turn up at any one time. My friend who was there day before said quite a queue after him but he was there 8.30. There were probably 20-30 people in the 30 minute containment when I went into it.

If I have missed anything then I am sure somebody will add.

Thank you..really appreciate your info.

20 minutes ago, fredscats said:

Over and above   look at medparks offers  up to yesterday  20th      goodbye     

Keep digging that hole. The price quoted was for Moderna which has never been free - 

21 minutes ago, fredscats said:

We thought you may need a little bit more time to consider registering and paying for the Moderna vaccine

Nothing to do with Pfizer even though mentioned in the headline.

Goodbye to you too........... 

• Like 2

The Thai government has pledged to use the donated vaccines to inoculate 700,000 front-line medical workers and 645,000 vulnerable people – those over 60, pregnant in high-risk zones, or with any of seven chronic health conditions. Another 150,000 doses are reserved for vulnerable expats, with the remainder allocated for research and emergencies.   Maybe there is a misunderstand or some of you are not reading the same news i am 150,000 doses of Pfizer reserved for vulnerable expats. I am 70yo with COPD if I would have been in the US I would have got the Vaccine back in January. But Thailand didn't respond quick enough. Since I am American Pfizer is a American vaccine and since the US donated it to Thailand I feel that I would be entitled to 2 doses. if you are from bum F***  Egypt sorry about your luck. There are some of us that can and some of us that can't. If you can't and your feelings are hurt what can I say

On 8/19/2021 at 11:21 PM, bookstore said:

I am not sure my first dose was AZ and my second dose was today of pfizer. They offered me a second dose of Pfizer the end of next month so I am going to take it. I am not sure how long you are suppose to wait in between doses. but the way this Delta variant is tearing through the country I don't think it will hurt

What was the time interval between the first AZ and second Pfizer shot please.

Thanks for info.

8 hours ago, bookstore said:

Good then I hope you understand it has not been that easy here in Pattaya. In fact like I said I had to travel to Bangkok to get the vaccine. Plus as I understood it when the US donated the vaccine 150,000 doses was to be allocated to expats and the rest as the Thai government wanted to do with it. And some times in life you have to bend the rules a little bit. You should know living in thailand that the government might bend the rules once in awhile. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. 

I think you are wrong in that assumption of 150,000 doses to go to expats, the Thai government were the only ones to mention that that amount would go to expats.

I was in the same boat as you yesterday, I was offered a Pfizer jab in Pattaya, although i have already received a 1st jab of AZ in Bangkok, I took the 'think of others route', you took the 'me me route', are you wrong in my eyes 'yes' you are, in your eyes 'no' , there is no way to justify your greediness, not even by saying your country donated it so why not, you would have done the same regardless of where the vaccine came from. if everyone did the same the available vaccine for others would be millions less.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bookstore said:

The Pfizer was donated by my country  so I feel entility to 2 doses of that vaccine. Some may disagree get over it. It is what it is

You might get a share of the cash aid the USA gives around the world too if you ask quoting your sense of entitlement!

• Like 2

Let me try to explain this in another way. If you had 2 choices you could save your life or save some ones life you didn't know which one would you choice? Maybe there are people here that are just jealous or don't have the perseverance or are just straight up haters. Due to my health condition your damn right i will take any avenue I have to to save my life. Covid-19 would be a 100% death sentence for me. I did what i did and i would do it again. People here <deleted> and moan that they can't do this or get that. Sounds like a personal problem. It's not my fault that the registration system here is screwed up and I slips through the crack. Does that have anything to do with you not being able to get a dose of vaccine? I don't beleive it does. Every since this virus has been in Thailand I have only been outside my house maybe 10 times in a year and half. And some one to run there mouth because I got my 2nd dose before them

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hay2008 said:

Congratulations.  I think you are the first and the only one I have seen who got the appointment.  Did you put the passport and the visa page in different files or the same file?  Thank you.

You must have missed it then as there have been a number of people on this and other threads who have been successful in Pattaya - not counting the 40 odd people I saw when I was there plus other days when friends went. Another friend confirmed yesterday he has an appointment for 3rd September but I don't know when he applied - in Pattaya again.

Ctrl and left click on the two separate files in my pc and then click the box to upload/save/paste (whatever the specific command was as I don't remember). Both files added side by side.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, topt said:

You must have missed it then as there have been a number of people on this and other threads who have been successful in Pattaya - not counting the 40 odd people I saw when I was there plus other days when friends went. Another friend confirmed yesterday he has an appointment for 3rd September but I don't know when he applied - in Pattaya again.

Ctrl and left click on the two separate files in my pc and then click the box to upload/save/paste (whatever the specific command was as I don't remember). Both files added side by side.

Could I ask if you are over 60 and was it your impression that those that you saw were in that older age range. 

28 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I got jabbed and am over60..... and my impression was a right collection of veterans were there, looked like Dad's Army....and Covid the least of their worries.

"Don't panic, don't panic", visions of Jonesy popped into my head.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, skatewash said:

Sorry, your explanation of why you did what you did rings hollow.  After you received an AstraZeneca jab and were scheduled to receive a second AstraZeneca jab you instead registered for a Pfizer jab when it was perfectly clear that program was only for people who had not yet received a vaccination at all.  Please don't make it sound like you were offered nothing.  You were given a AZ jab and scheduled for a second AZ.  But you wanted Pfizer so the Pfizer jab went to you rather than someone who had not been vaccinated at all.  

I don't think it's the case that people who have received two doses of AZ are going to die and people who received two doses of Pfizer are going to live.  Your choices weren't between living and dying.  They were between waiting for your scheduled second dose of AZ or signing up for a program that you had to know you didn't qualify for.  Your choices were between playing by the rules or ignoring the rules by providing false information.  

It's not nice to be jealous and hate. You need to laid down and relax your blood is going up. I felt my life was in jeopardy so I did what I did. Did my actions prevent you from getting your dose. Relax it's going to be OK mate

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Registered yesterday on BPH's website and this afternoon got an SMS confirming an appointment tomorrow for a Pfizer jab in Central.

I'm below 60 and with no underlying conditions. Had to fill in my hospital number though but might be possible to fill in with all zeros.

Capture.JPG

That was quick and thanks for the information. I went along today to get my hospital number as I couldn't find any old receipts. Got it and submitted and did ask the lady if she had any idea on timescales but she couldn't say. Would be a nice surprise if I were to get an SMS in a few days.

8 hours ago, kinyara said:

That was quick and thanks for the information. I went along today to get my hospital number as I couldn't find any old receipts. Got it and submitted and did ask the lady if she had any idea on timescales but she couldn't say. Would be a nice surprise if I were to get an SMS in a few days.

Be interested to hear.... they have to do 2nd injections for the older group starting soon, and one would expect that to be separated. 

13 hours ago, kinyara said:

Well, if my experience is anything to go by you should get an SMS the day after you registered. Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1