Dancing out of COVID and into debt

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah, gonna be a lot more of these little dances.

There will be a lot of girls dancing to try to get out of debt.

Great reset - won't re-open until the reset comes or the people rampage.

As in UK, the fact that fatalities are negligible does not matter.

Flatten the economy, buy up for peanuts & '6uild 6ack 6etter' as all western politicians keep reminding us. 

May as well dance in the meantime eh? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

That's cute. Yeah, I am getting ready to do some investing coming up.

Take your time, condo prices etc there are still ridiculous for a tourist destination with no tourists .  Maybe just invest in some popcorn for the time being ????

Just now, Britman Free said:

Take your time, condo prices etc there are still ridiculous for a tourist destination with no tourists .  Maybe just invest in some popcorn for the time being ????

Yes, investing in anything right now is extremely risky. But big risks can also be big opportunities.  

13 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

Yes, investing in anything right now is extremely risky. But big risks can also be big opportunities.  

Thai property is only going one way for the foreseeable???? 

If anyone can give any reason/s as to why they would go up in the short term please feel free to enlighten me.

As the economy is 10-20% is tourism based and another substantial part is based on manufacturing (baht is still way high) Thailand has a wake up call on the way.

Pu Yais will weather the storm but the already indebted lower and middle classes will get flushed

Edited by Britman Free
add detail
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Britman Free said:

Thai property is only going one way for the foreseeable???? 

If anyone can give any reason/s as to why they would go up in the short term please feel free to enlighten me.

As the economy is 10-20% is tourism based and another substantial part is based on manufacturing (baht is still way high) Thailand has a wake up call on the way.

Pu Yais will weather the storm but the already indebted lower and middle classes will get flushed

As with all financial crises, the elites will usually be just fine (maybe losing a percentage of their portfolio) and it's the little people that'll lose their nest egg, pension or savings.

2 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

As with all financial crises, the elites will usually be just fine (maybe losing a percentage of their portfolio) and it's the little people that'll lose their nest egg, pension or savings.

Agreed. 

If persisted in, these government reactions to 'covid' will trigger a massive reset (aka The Great Reset) and it will have a much more significant impact on everyone's lives than a virus with a 99+% survival rate. 

Respect for spotting that Ben ????.  b ut I fear you're wasting your time on the kool aid fans

One of the only good things about covid it shows who can think and who can't.

Many are, and will struggle with cognitive dissonance of realising that what they believe just isn't so.   It's like another version of "Yeah but my girl's different" ????

"First it only affected the poor.  But I wasn't poor so I supported lockdowns....."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I don't get it why people think all opinions should count. We got flat earthers, holocausts deniers. Why should stupid opinions count ?

Sure freedom of speech is nice but some people have more credibility then others. Scientists for instance especially if a large group of them agrees. Its not often you have scientists like Copernicus who was right when all others were wrong. Its extremely rare.

Now all of a sudden the average Thaivisa user knows better then leading scientists. ????

Science isn't a democracy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bowwow said:

Science isn't a democracy. 

Science used to mean continually asking questions and testing theories in the pursuit of truth.  Now it means accepting a narrative from a central authority and ignoring any dissenting thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Britman Free said:

Just sitting back and looking for some things to get into. Yeah condo prices are holding up so no on that unless this government flips and gives us non resident peons a real incentive. And 10,000,000 is laughable. Plenty of time as things look skittish with the junta and what they are doing with this vaccine. I have been investing a lot in wine and beer and scotch.

Anyway I’m positive something will pop up. 

Just now, holy cow cm said:

I have been investing a lot in wine and beer and scotch.

Always worthwhile, with a pleasant ROI. 

Although my budget is more gin, rum and wine coolers.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

I think stupid people are generally happier with life than intelligent people.

????  100%.  But think of the times when you've overlooked things or been stupid.  It can be extremely painful ????

11 minutes ago, Britman Free said:

????  100%.  But think of the times when you've overlooked things or been stupid.  It can be extremely painful ????

A the point in life that you are the only one who can give yourself gratifying intelligent answers 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

A the point in life that you are the only one who can give yourself gratifying intelligent answers 

Yes, when my wife asks me why I am talking to myself I tell her it's the only way to get a sensible answer. 

6 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

Yes, when my wife asks me why I am talking to myself I tell her it's the only way to get a sensible answer. 

Yeah it’s like giving yourself lip service, too bad we can’t do it like dogs do lip service to themselves then would have everything covered. Hahahahaha . 

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Hmmm I really wonder about how badly Thais are into debt right now. Back home when there is an economical crisis the first indicator that things aren't going so well is I can see cars going up for sale at a decent price... and the housing market sees a sudden boom in available hoses and it becomes a buyer's market. Here... nothing works as predicted and I guess that if things weren't going well and there would be a boom in housing and cars for sale that the prices would actually go up rather than down...

Been here nearly 2o years and it still is a mystery the way Thais think...

Go figure...????

Houses and cars are usually at the disposal of an extended family, i.e. 7,8 people depend on that transport, maybe 15 on a roof over their heads. Not something to give up lightly.

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah it’s like giving yourself lip service, too bad we can’t do it like dogs do lip service to themselves then would have everything covered. 

Have you heard the joke:

A young man goes to eat dinner with his girlfriend's parents. After dinner, the family dog is licking his penis in full view of everyone. The awkward young man say "gee, I wish I could do that", and the girlfriend's mother says "give him a biscuit and he will let you".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I think stupid people are generally happier with life than intelligent people.

I beg to differ. To feel in control of your own life is infinitely more rewarding that simply living out the deal you've been given.  Then again, one has to be intelligent enough to understand this. On a sidenote: Anyone who is dead, may suffer into eternity. we simply do not know, and it would be absurd to state with any certainty that with death, all ends for the individual involved. How do you know?

• Like 1

Just now, Bullie said:

I beg to differ. To feel in control of your own life is infinitely more rewarding that simply living out the deal you've been given.  Then again, one has to be intelligent enough to understand this. On a sidenote: Anyone who is dead, may suffer into eternity. we simply do not know, and it would be absurd to state with any certainty that with death, all ends for the individual involved. How do you know?

I beg to differ with you, respectfully. Many of the most talented and intelligent people who have ever lived have suffered with psychological issues and substance abuse problems. Stupid people don't think enough to make themselves depressed.

4 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

Have you heard the joke:

A young man goes to eat dinner with his girlfriend's parents. After dinner, the family dog is licking his penis in full view of everyone. The awkward young man say "gee, I wish I could do that", and the girlfriend's mother says "give him a biscuit and he will let you".

Ah, the wonderful English language. I understood it initially as the family dog licking the young mans penis, in full view. So the girlfriends mother says: give him a biscuit, and he will let you lick your own penis. Why , is the dog jealous? Because you see, some men can.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bullie said:

Ah, the wonderful English language. I understood it initially as the family dog licking the young mans penis, in full view. So the girlfriends mother says: give him a biscuit, and he will let you lick your own penis. Why , is the dog jealous? Because you see, some men can.

Do dogs lick guest's penises after dinner in your country?

3 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

I beg to differ with you, respectfully. Many of the most talented and intelligent people who have ever lived have suffered with psychological issues and substance abuse problems. Stupid people don't think enough to make themselves depressed.

One of our most talented writers in Dutch died just the other day. It was the more amazing, because he came to the Netherlands as a young boy of 7 yrs old from Morocco. He died at 51 from liver failure, being an incorrigible alcoholic and drug user all his adult life.  He left behind some wonderful literature. Depression and euphoria are 2 sides of the same coin. Better to have burned brightly....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

Do dogs lick guest's penises after dinner in your country?

No, but in the U.K. I have witnessed many things that I would not have thought possible anywhere else in the world.

• Haha 2