Bangkok police trialling new khaki uniforms

webfact

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Why?

The RTP is frequently recognized as the fourth armed force of Thailand since their tradition, concept, culture, skill, and training are relatively similar to the army and most of their officer cadets need to graduate from the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School before entering the Royal Thai Police Cadet Academy. Officers also undergo paramilitary training similar to the army but with an additional focus on law enforcement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Police

you forgot to add that you need 50,000 Baht to even apply for the entrance exam. 

They are in no way comparable to an Army, even the Thai one, who would rightly be greatly insulted to be compared to the muppets in the Police force.  

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Why?

The RTP is frequently recognized as the fourth armed force of Thailand since their tradition, concept, culture, skill, and training are relatively similar to the army and most of their officer cadets need to graduate from the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School before entering the Royal Thai Police Cadet Academy. Officers also undergo paramilitary training similar to the army but with an additional focus on law enforcement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Police

France's Gendarmerie Nationale and Italy's Carabinieri spring to mind. The GN is a branch of the French Armed Forces, and the Carabinieri is considered Italy's 4th armed force. Their uniforms are different to the Army of each respective Nation.

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Yes, Must  look  good  when doing  bugga  all  all day. 

Reminds me of my Wife's  recent trip to a Thai courthouse to enquire about a  theft case she's  involved with, instead of helping her they reprimanded her for the dress she was  wearing and were  not  interested in helping her trying  to retrieve over 100k  baht for  her customer.  Pathetic, the whole charade of  appearance over substance.

What on earth was she wearing? Husbandbeater and flip flops?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

As much ridicule as people will want to throw at this just because it involves the Thai Police.... This is actually a good idea, providing more comfortable uniforms.

IMO - they look better too. 

That said, others will point out and they won’t be wrong - this will in no way improve policing !!! 

The new uniforms should be a lot more comfortable for the many overweight policemen there are. ????

22 hours ago, nausea said:

Police and military should be kept very separate IMHO. I like the UK idea. Dixon of Dock Green ain't Rambo. In your army you want Rambos, in your police force you want Dixons.

I prefer the  Dirty Harry type. That would definitely get the job done.

19 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Hideous, they look like my gardener.   Actually, he looks much smarter in his work clothes 

What's the point of work clothes for people who don't work? Apart from the time they collect the tea money.

• Like 1