Thailand reports 1,919 COVID-19 cases, 31 new deaths

webfact

Just now, Blumpie said:

Absolutely brutal.

What kind of drugs do these people have to be on?

Cardboard beds are cheap.  They absorb the sweat from a body and might just absorb the virus as well.  Hope they are being burned after each use as you can not sanitize cardboard very well for reuse.  Be a little soggy and might bubble up.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Take a look at 1st May labour day weekend here in Thailand and look at huge decrease in cases

You are talking about 1 day. Show me the trends over the last month or 2. This could be due to a lack of people turning up to be tested, and not necessarily because the testing stations were shut. 

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Also from that article:

However, a senior source within the Ministry of Public Health told Thai Enquirer on Tuesday that there has been a problem scaling up production within Siam Bioscience and initial reports suggest that the company will not be able to produce half the expected number of vaccines by June.

They’re having problems scaling up their operations so whatever the estimate is right now for June, the number they produce wont be half of that,” the source said on condition of anonymity.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27340/major-hurdles-remain-for-thailands-vaccine-drive/

We will have to see whether what @ThaiEnquirer source says transpires, but concerns reported here could prove a problem for a country now scrambling to ramp up its previously leisurely vaccine timetable.
Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DavisH said:

You are talking about 1 day. Show me the trends over the last month or 2. This could be due to a lack of people turning up to be tested, and not necessarily because the testing stations were shut. 

Not just testing stations but the numbers of workers in the labs processing the results.  Not all work on holidays. Ergo a dip in numbers

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DavisH said:

You don't get a trend from a weekends limited testing, you get a dip in cases found thats all. Its quite simple to understand, happens all over the world

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Amazing how consistent the numbers are.

It's almost as if they are being managed to ensure they are high enough to scare people into taking the required precautions, but not so high as to lose face in the international community and jeopardize a quick return of tourism.

Do you honestly think there not being managed

34 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I wonder what the real numbers are.

Would need to do mass testing across the whole country not only limited daily numbers in hot spots to get anywhere near the real numbers.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/beer-cash-and-credit-how-other-countries-are-using-incentives-to-combat-vaccine-hesitancy/

Though people across the globe are praying for the COVID-19 pandemic to end, many are still reluctant to get a jab to fight it. Doubts over the vaccines’ efficacy and safety linger in several places, including Thailand.

Recognizing that reluctance to receive the COVID-19 vaccine could torpedo efforts to achieve herd immunity, some nations are now offering incentives for people to get a shot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saltire said:

There used to be a useful, interactive map that showed you the number of active cases by province.

I can't recall the url, is it still available somewhere?

It's a FB link:

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/ 

Active cases by province is posted daily in this thread.

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

You have to wonder if these numbers include the new clusters being found in Chiang Mai as well as the other areas or if they are awaiting confirmation to list them. The deaths as I stated in another OP are a big worry as this is now the second time we have had 31 deaths in the past 8 days.  It does not seem to be subsiding as some would hope or state.  The number of tests is also a concern, as they are supposedly ramping up testing, but what is the issue with stopping testing in some other areas.  Is it a lack of testing personnel or tests themselves.  Why does it also take a few days, 4 from what I am seeing, from the date of test to date of confirmation. If someone tests and then is allowed to roam freely for the next 3 days until the results come in, like my GF's ex and his family, then this thing will keep spreading.  Once tested the folks should know quickly, or else its a true S...storm

No one here seriously is predicting a decline in deaths any time soon. Since deaths lag new infections by up to 3 weeks, we can expect double digit deaths into June.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

10 people who had covid (some serious too one in ICU). But only 1 was counted

This is why it's AMAZING to me when clowns quote actual numbers, as if they are written in stone.  Everyone could say this exact same thing about the 10:1 quote and still only quote the numbers reported.

this is why it's so hard to talk to people.   and then, years later when much higher numbers come out.....those same clowns just act like they never said anything.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I seen the problems first hand, at my GF her company they had 10 people who had covid (some serious too one in ICU). But only 1 was counted as he had the second test from the goverment to confirm. Basically they won't count a test unless a second test has been done by the government. Its a easy way to keep numbers low. 

This is not their policy. 

They do one PCR test. 

What kind of test was the first one?

2 minutes ago, meechai said:

Nice graph ????

This thread was about Thailands reports

I am saying if they checked back t the start of covid they would see more deaths than now

In late 2019 & early 2020 I knew many in the country with super pneumonia

My SIL lost taste & smell while suffering a bad flu....but of course no testing then

Covid was in Thailand same as everywhere else at that time....

That aside I still think all the theatrics & blaming etc goes nowhere towards getting safer/better living with this

My reply was to someone who made a false claim about the first wave being the worst.

As for the flu. It's been noted many times before that this year flu is virtually nonexistent around the world. That's unprecedented. So the same measures that have failed to tame covid in some countries because of lackadaisical enforcement of public health measures, were enough to stop flu dead in its tracks. This show how much more contagious and virulent covid is than any strain of flu that has appeared since the disappearance of the Spanish flu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

No one here seriously is predicting a decline in deaths any time soon. Since deaths lag new infections by up to 3 weeks, we can expect double digit deaths into June.

That's a definite change in your predictions from the past then. Yet there are a few who have said that it is trending downward.  My mistake and apologies if that was not you as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Amazing how consistent the numbers are.

It's almost as if they are being managed to ensure they are high enough to scare people into taking the required precautions, but not so high as to lose face in the international community and jeopardize a quick return of tourism.

I wonder what the real numbers are.

Yes, agreed. Worryingly and infuriatingly consistent. Like we have the most unpredictable and aggressive virus the world has seen, but in Thailand it just happens to be around 2,000 cases a day, every day. Or so we are asked to believe. What an absolute load of b***ocks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Read more:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/11/timeline-chonburi-informs-residents-who-visited-markets-in-relation-to-most-recent-chonburi-covid-19-cases/

TIMELINE:  Chonburi informs residents who visited markets in relation to most recent Chonburi Covid – 19 cases

The Chonburi Public Health Office last night (May 10th) has released another timeline to inform people who went to specific places this month to notify health authorities and monitor their health in regards to Covid-19. The following is an English translation of the release.

1. Phra Phrom Market in Nong Kham, Si Racha on May 1st from 9:30 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
  2. Thong Lang Market in Khlong Tamru, Mueang Chonburi on May 1st from 3:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.
  3. Thong Kung Klong Tom Market in Na Pa, Mueang Chonburi on May 7th from 3:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ministry of Public Health charts showing how Thailand is faring versus world countries and its regional neighbor countries in terms of total COVID cases and deaths since the start of the pandemic. The charts are ranked by total numbers of cases. Thailand continues to rank 99th in the world among countries in terms of total COVID cases.

Screenshot_4.jpg.6db95dd9a5cb268ca7a9bd47279ecab3.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg.a516ca3da34e5d25d219b84c00cda1ff.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/322916102660054

Ministry of Public Health graph showing Thailand's trend in daily COVID cases since the start the current third wave outbreak at the start of April, with the blue areas showing self referred cases, and the yellow color showing those cases resulting from outreach testing. The recent day entries reflect a Sunday and then a government holiday yesterday prior to today's update, but still show a recent dropoff in self-referred COVID cases, offset by increased outreach testing cases.

Screenshot_8.jpg.421a5abbb079b7ac1520ea63d0a1fd2f.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/322916102660054

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1391990202416058370

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Tuesday:

Since Jan 2020

86,924 people infected (+17 imported cases & +1,902 local cases)

452 dead +31 (0.52%)

29,435 in care

1,207 in serious condition

1,829 discharged from care

390 on ventilators which was missed by Barrow

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1391992007673876481

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1