testing question

JRG23

So my daughter in law has been staying with us in our house for eight days. She came to us from her boyfriend, whose father and mother contracted Covid.

Since staying upstairs in our house she has been completely isolated in that time (separate bedroom, separate toilet). We have had zero contact apart from putting food by the bedroom door.

And I have not allowed her out of the room. Today the daughter-in-law was diagnosed with Covid.

Does anyone know, will me and wife be forced to have tests if we have had zero contact with the daughter in law?

Thank you.,

J

You are certainly not forced to be tested, but you might want to be tested in a few days to get peace of mind that neither of you are positive. 

Now, you do have a social responsibility to stay home isolated for the next 2 weeks.

Do you mind sharing where in Thailand the bf and his family are?

• Like 1

If she was not allowed out of her room who came to administer the covid tests ? Presumably you or your wife gave that person access to your DiLs room so hence that person, presumably  a health worker, knew you and your wife are in the house. Hence she may have informed others who will insist on you taking a test also perhaps ? 

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

You are certainly not forced to be tested, but you might want to be tested in a few days to get peace of mind that neither of you are positive. 

Now, you do have a social responsibility to stay home isolated for the next 2 weeks.

Do you mind sharing where in Thailand the bf and his family are?

Yes we do and that is what we are doing. It's important. Bf and family in Lam Luka

10 hours ago, JRG23 said:

Yes we do and that is what we are doing. It's important. Bf and family in Lam Luka

For everybody else who, like I, did not know where Lam Luka [sic] is, it is the Lam Lu Ka (Thai: ลำลูกกา) district in Pathum Thani Province in Thailand.