1.5 million Sinovac doses arrive in Thailand today, 3 million more in June

snoop1130

They don't even show their shmug ugly smiling faces on the picture above the article . These <deleted> for brains pocket fillers got another order in and are filling their pockets with their chinese friends contract and laughing there behinds of . Looking at the hands it looks like it's the 2 biggest friends P and A who will throw eachother in front of an oncoming train if the <deleted> really starts to hit the fan . 

1 minute ago, George Aylesham said:

Has the WHO okayed the Sinovac yet?

Not yet by the looks of it........  Sinopharm has...

The World Health Organization (WHO) has granted emergency approval for a Covid vaccine made by Chinese state-owned company Sinopharm.

It is the first vaccine developed by a non-Western country to get WHO backing.

The vaccine has already been given to millions of people in China and elsewhere.

The WHO had previously only approved the vaccines made by Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna.

But individual health regulators in various countries - especially poorer ones in Africa, Latin America and Asia - have approved Chinese jabs for emergency use.

With little data released internationally early on, the effectiveness of the various Chinese vaccines has long been uncertain.

But the WHO on Friday said it had validated the "safety, efficacy and quality" of the Sinopharm jab developed by the Beijing Institute of Biological Products.

The WHO said the addition of the vaccine had "the potential to rapidly accelerate Covid-19 vaccine access for countries seeking to protect health workers and populations at risk".

It is recommending that the vaccine be administered in two doses to those aged 18 and over.

A decision is expected in the coming days on another Chinese vaccine developed by Sinovac, while Russia's Sputnik vaccine is under assessment.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56967973

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, George Aylesham said:

Has the WHO okayed the Sinovac yet?

They're waiting for additional data from them before doing the certification.  Seems the same problem they have with the Russian jab.  Lack of clinical data.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Will the WHO approval for Sinovac changed the decision making of China haters? 

If may have changed some minds IF the WHO had not been very obviously compromised by China leading to the global pandemic we are currently in... Do you understand that?

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, irishman25 said:

The local weekly advertisement from. Albertson's, Von's supermarket Store i got in the mail about covid-19 vaccine.  just walk in NO appointment required and get the FREE Covid-19 vaccine and they will give you 10% of your grocery;s at check out. now that's a bargain. but I cant have, Am vaccinated

get another jab !!!! and save on goods

5 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

If may have changed some minds IF the WHO had not been very obviously compromised by China leading to the global pandemic we are currently in... Do you understand that?

Heard this allegations but have not seen much evidence and have quiet down by a fair lot since Jan 20. If compromised, Sinovac should be approved a long while ago. Sure you understand this simple logic. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Heard this allegations but have not seen much evidence and have quiet down by a fair lot since Jan 20. If compromised, Sinovac should be approved a long while ago. Sure you understand this simple logic. 

"If compromised, Sinovac should be approved a long while ago." 

That is poor thinking. Please try again. This is a logical fallacy called affirming the consequent. I'll help you by providing you some reading material.

Fallacy format: "if the lamp were broken, then the room would be dark - therefore, if the room is dark, the lamp must be broken."

95266775_logicalfallacy.thumb.png.f6f0600c9e17690a2c540635e0df9718.png

Edited by Fex Bluse
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Another 1.5 million doses of the Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine arrived in Thailand from China today (Thursday),

From the International news media last night (20 May 2021) and for reference, quotes from the main article which is worth reading:-

BANGKOK (AP) — Chinese citizens living in Thailand began being vaccinated on Thursday as part of China's global campaign to inoculate its nationals living and working abroad.

China recently donated 500,000 vaccine doses, and Thailand agreed in turn to inoculate Chinese nationals as it slowly rolls out shots for its own citizens to contain a coronavirus surge that has sickened tens of thousands in the past two months.

Yang Xin, minister counsellor at the Chinese Embassy, said Beijing's “Spring Sprout” program would benefit tens of thousands of Chinese in the country. An estimated 150,000 Chinese citizens live in Thailand.

China has so far supplied 6 million vaccine doses to the country, most of which Thailand purchased.

The Thai government has said it will vaccinate Thais before inoculating most other foreigners, regardless of risk factors or age.

In downtown Bangkok, a Chinese volunteer with a white mask, transparent shield and blue gloves stood in front of a red banner reading “Spring Sprout Action” flanked by the flags of China and Thailand at a vaccination center.

Chinese nationals are the most numerous foreigners living in Thailand who are not from neighboring countries.

They are the only foreigners being vaccinated under the “Spring Sprout" campaign.

Another 200,000 foreigners — from Australia, Japan, Europe, the United States and elsewhere — are mostly professionals and retirees. For now, they can only obtain COVID-19 shots by traveling overseas and would face lengthy, expensive quarantines on their return.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/china-global-campaign-vaccinates-people-092045826.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

"If compromised, Sinovac should be approved a long while ago." 

That is poor thinking. Please try again. This is a logical fallacy called affirming the consequent. I'll help you by providing you some reading material.

Fallacy format: "if the lamp were broken, then the room would be dark."

95266775_logicalfallacy.thumb.png.f6f0600c9e17690a2c540635e0df9718.png

Rather poor tactic in diversion. Cut and paste pretty disparaging and lame too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brunolem said:

In theory, with 4.5 million doses (1.5 + 3), they would be able to vaccinate for 9 days, at a (official) rate of 500,000 per day.

In practice, with only a handful of nurses available to give the shots, they might have enough doses for 90 days...

They won't just be using regular nurses - my wife's nursing college colleagues are out at Muang Thong today doing vaccinatons. There will still be logistical and man power limits as to how many they can do per day. 

Still no progress report on the locally made AZ from Siam Bioscience & the pssibility of when & how much will be available.

I smell a rat here as if like everyrhing else they would be crowing about it but not a woed.

The 50million doses they proposed to manufacture this year is starting to sound like a pipe dream or have I missed a progress report ?

14 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

I'll say it again. Very suspicious the Chinese and their Sino Thai cousins have conspired to delay non Chinese vaccines in Thailand. 

just a bland strategy of how to hit the jack pot for sure with no disturbance from any US or EUR haberdashers (as per Cambridge English Dictionary)

14 hours ago, Brunolem said:

The reason is simple: both vaccines offered in Thailand are linked to one Thai company...

The local factory making AZ won't be making nearly enough to cover everyone so they need to import no matter what.  Also, I'll be surprised if that local factory manages to make half of the doses they are promising this year.

Edited by shdmn

As a healthcare volunteer, wifey will go on Monday in a minibus with 9 others and get her first shot, so I said, 'so I might have to change my extension to a retirement one', ????  'mia pen ri tilak I have told the kids you can stay the house and get lady new  if you want.' ???? fingers crossed but not sure why.????  

11 hours ago, shdmn said:

The local factory making AZ won't be making nearly enough to cover everyone so they need to import no matter what.  Also, I'll be surprised if that local factory manages to make half of the doses they are promising this year.

To be honest it seems this sudden ramp up in Sinovac is probably the prelude to an announcement that the June 6 milllion locally produced AZ will be delayed...Even if it was not delayed the going from nothing to 6 million in June, to 10 million thereafter seems quite ambitious. Hope i am wrong though.

On 5/21/2021 at 8:19 PM, smutcakes said:

To be honest it seems this sudden ramp up in Sinovac is probably the prelude to an announcement that the June 6 milllion locally produced AZ will be delayed...Even if it was not delayed the going from nothing to 6 million in June, to 10 million thereafter seems quite ambitious. Hope i am wrong though.

The Astrazeneca vaccine is hard to make from what I am reading.  They need to grow a huge quantity of the the viral particle cells and it's kind of a black art. It takes about 8 weeks to grow a batch of those cells so that is probably why it is taking them so long to try ramp up.  Supposedly it only takes Pfizer a couple days to make the raw ingredient for the mRNA vaccines so that's why they have been able to ramp up much quicker.

If they are still struggling to ramp up AZ manufacturing in Europe they will for sure struggle with it in Thailand.

Edited by shdmn