Chinese govt begins vaccinating its citizens living in Thailand

webfact

3 minutes ago, clonetom said:

From my own circles, I know that the Chinese were already informed by the Consulate General in Chiang Mai that this will take place about 3 weeks ago.

At the same time I called the German Honorary Consulate to be told that they know nothing about foreigners vaccination plans and "it would be better to follow the Thai news".

The German Embassy didn't even bother to pick up the phone for days and when they did, their reply was "to wait calmly while the Thai government will handle things".

Say what you want, but if our embassies were half as active as the Chinese, we would have a much better standing here.

Not only in regards to the vaccination...

Instead, they send him a...

4442388F-8AFB-4407-84A0-B9E02A6A67C7_4_5005_c.jpeg

The virus from China has created countless tragedies, deaths, economic turmoil and deprivation of social freedoms !

Special shout out to China ! The least they could do is start by paying restitution  to every country to help off set their expense for other vacc's 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is actually a bit impressive that this is happening. 

Should I email the British Embassy and ask them  when and where I will get mine?

Yeh, I think I will also email the Australian government and ask them why we haven't been given a fair go, especially after Australia gave the Thai government 2.8 million Aussie $'s for their vaccine program.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WineOh said:

In fact, this makes sense.

Vaccines should be given to nationals of foreign countries at their respective embassies.

Why not?

Last I looked there were only around 50,000 brits registered living in Thailand.

They could do us all within a week at the embassy in BKK, its big enough!

Where are you, Brian? ????

Unfortunately not so big anymore...they just sold the proper one.

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

The virus from China has created countless tragedies, deaths, economic turmoil and deprivation of social freedoms !

Special shout out to China ! The least they could do is start by paying restitution  to every country to help off set their expense for other vacc's 

Yep. Not even an apology.

4 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

And having a pen in his shirt like a real "Neurosurgeon";

That's so he can calculate how much cement and bricks he needs to order, at his next business meeting in the afternoon

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

If he was a neurosurgeon he wouldn't need a pen, perhaps he could communicate telepathically?

At this stage he has not mastered his brain engaging with his own mouth with any compos mentis ability.

• Haha 1

Sinovac... basically a placebo. Wouldn't take it if you paid me.

Additionally those ex-pats suggesting or demanding that local embassies supply it's nationals with vaccines are deluded. You come to Thailand for the sun, cheap woman, food, bar girls or whatever. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

Speaks Thai, Ex Bar Owner

• Like 2

I think those farangs who are bitching and demand free vaccine from the Thai government should go to the PRC embassy to demard free vaccine.. Maybe for political reasons you may get it...

12 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

Sinovac... basically a placebo. Wouldn't take it if you paid me.

Additionally those ex-pats suggesting or demanding that local embassies supply it's nationals with vaccines are deluded. You come to Thailand for the sun, cheap woman, food, bar girls or whatever. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

Speaks Thai, Ex Bar Owner

ADA670B3-C5D5-41A5-A28F-23195AD02C26.jpeg

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Phaser said:

So the Chinese govt does the right thing while the US govt makes excuses as to why it won’t provide Moderna or Phizer to US citizens registered living in Thailand - but yet makes those US citizens pay US taxes worldwide 

same for the UK

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Sinovac vaccine - 500,000 doses in the first lot in total - is being used.

Good luck to them, I'm not wanting to jump the queue, I don't want Sinovac...

I'll patiently wait until a better option comes along.

• Like 1

So he brokered a deal to allow China to send a pile off vaccine here for its citizens , yet he drags his feet approving and passing a bill to allow hospitals to buy their own vaccines to sell to people who want it ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WineOh said:

In fact, this makes sense.

Vaccines should be given to nationals of foreign countries at their respective embassies.

Why not?

Last I looked there were only around 50,000 brits registered living in Thailand.

They could do us all within a week at the embassy in BKK, its big enough!

Where are you, Brian? ????

Back of the queue if you don't live in the uk, rightly so, but it's a good idea to be honest 

4 hours ago, gearbox said:

In line with my experience last year in India, I'm expecting to receive a questionnaire from the Australian embassy with content like this:

We are considering vaccinating the Australian citizens living permanently in Thailand. How much are you prepared to pay:

A. Below $500 AUD

B. Between $500-1000 AUD

C. Above $1000 AUD.

Then after 2 weeks I would get a follow up email like this:

"Unfortunately nobody is prepared to pay above $1000,  and anything below is not commercially feasible, so find your own way to get vaccinated"

Unfortunately the aussie embassy is too lazy to even contemplate doing that.

2 hours ago, slsmith38 said:

I know I am wasting my time with this post but have any of you Sinovac bashers actually had any real dealings with the Chinese, worked with Chinese companies and spent time in China at Chinese manufacturing facilities? I personally have for many years and have a lot of respect for what the Chinese can do well. Have a look at all your belongings and see how many were made in China. You have a perception based on very little factual information. I do not believe the Chinese vaccines are any worse or better than other brands and they did use tried and tested methods in their development – unlike Pfizer and others. Also, please don’t quote efficacy results as all the vaccines were tested under completely different circumstances and stages of the pandemic. I admit it would not be my first choice as it is not yet recognized internationally which makes travel more difficult, but if I could get a Sinovac jab tomorrow I would certainly take it.

Well said. The sinophobic rhetoric is unbelievable, a leftover from the McCarthy era. He would be turning in his grave if he knew 70% of smartphones used in the US came from China. I think there is a word for those that say one thing and do another.

And nuclear reactors being built by the Chinese in the UK, unthinkable.

The UK doesn't need Sinovac, probably have herd immunity when they all start glowing in the dark.

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

OMG someone who thinks the Chinese Regime are wonderful and truthful tell that to the 100s of thousands locked up in huge buildings being brainwashed anyone who thinks that only 3,000 people died during Covid have lost the plot they were burning bodied for months on end in every crematorium throughout China my Chinese neighbour says the regime lie like a cheap Chinese watch and he won’t be taking up the jab 

And yet a certain country that lies between the Pacific and Atlantic oceans, was telling its people 15 months ago that C19 would be 'over by Easter' and 'was only a flu'. 600000 deaths later, there are still idiotic believers who continue to recite these and other false mantras.

The stupidity vaccine is still a long way off.