Foreigners in Thailand can register for vaccine from June 7

10 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

In Hua Hin, at least, the lists were published. It was at any facility belonging to the Hua Hin Hospital (the main hospital or any of their satellite clinics) Market Village and BlúPort shopping malls.

Hundreds of foreigners have already registered, including myself and several of my acquaintances.

We were all given first vaccination dates in July.

Ya, I've seen and been impressed thus far with the various positive reports by members coming out of Hua Hin in recent days..  Sadly, no such luck in BKK.

• Like 1

The English language CCSA briefings have turned in a Stats, Pats, Dance, and Lipstick briefing.

- Statistics on how many new COVID cases, how many recovered, how many died, etc.

- Pats on Back when some Stat seems to improve

- Dancing around the explanation of flip-flops in policy (the briefers call the flips-flops adjustments)

- Lipstick...putting lipstick on a Pig of a Vaccination Program

The Stats and Pats parts are fine, but the Dancing and Lipstick parts damage the credibility of the briefing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/30/2021 at 2:32 PM, samtam said:

Thanks. That's what I'm hoping to learn first hand from someone who turns up to the appointment shown on their Mor Prom LINE app, (which I have, but not until 21 July). If the CCSA announcement, (which I've heard about, but not seen), that all foreigners with Mor Prom LINE app appointments are null and void is true, then I will certainly not wait around until 21 July to discover that my appointment has been rescinded.

Accordingly, I aim to leave Thailand by late June based on others' experience, and get vaccinated overseas, with all the hassle and cost that entails.

What is so galling is that the young guys (22-32)  in my condo office all registered 2 days ago, and have their jab appointments in early June. I'm 63. My partner's 67....but we're foreigners, so obviously we don't count. Anyway, a few months away from here will do us a power of good mentally, and get us vaxxed with a brand we would like.

Frankly, we're in good health, and live in a beautiful condo, but a life without any facilities, (like swimming my 1200m every other day), and when the highlight of our week is a trip to the supermarket ???????? ...is getting a bit tedious, and there's a sell-by date on the joys of housework, since we asked the maid not to come in 6 weeks ago.

So we could wait, but I'm getting cabin fever; good training for the quarantine period, I suppose!

And now the maid, (after paying 2 months in full, has resigned today). Deja vu all over again. Same last year, with the previous maid. Doing the "right thing" by looking after part time employees, does not seem to be a very valid strategy in Thailand.

6 minutes ago, samtam said:

And now the maid, (after paying 2 months in full, has resigned today). Deja vu all over again. Same last year, with the previous maid. Doing the "right thing" by looking after part time employees, does not seem to be a very valid strategy in Thailand.

She got a new job the day after you handed her 2 months wages .......... what did you expect?

44 minutes ago, Pib said:

The Stats and Pats parts are fine, but the Dancing and Lipstick parts damage the credibility of the briefing.

This briefing is useless, I'd venture to say that it is close to criminal, both for the prevarication, and deception.

Just trot out a buffalo every day, smarter by a wide margin. 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

She got a new job the day after you handed her 2 months wages .......... what did you expect?

I guess sometimes you just hope there would be a sense of reciprocity, and no I didn't just get off the boat yesterday.

Actually, she has introduced me to a former colleague, whom I will interview in a couple of weeks. I don't want anyone just now, until the cases in Bangkok trend downwards, or the vaxx gets rolled out. It could be a long time.

1 hour ago, Mike k said:

What hospital I live in kabin buri 

Chaophaya Abhaibhubejhr Hospital

It's the provincial hospital but also doubles as the primary hospital for those within the ampur. The 2 sites set up are within the ampur. I don't know if people from outside the ampur are eligible, but there is a number you can call for info:

46940.thumb.jpg.5cd0faf1a4c20d97069794d0842039d2.jpg

In general, a government public speaker who is worth his/her salt is well-versed in the art of obfuscation, it's part of their job requirement. In spite of his disarmingly boyish look, Khun Nopakun shows real promise, okay, talent, in the CCSA daily briefings: When it comes to something positive, flaunt it simply by virtue of repeating it a zillion times; negative, obfuscate. I don't really blame him since there hasn't been much gist coming out of the covid vaccination mill. Under the circumstance, Nopakun can not declare, there isn't enough vaccine available right now so (whisper) can you people just shut up or die because the bosses are still busy/lost with the profit-making aspect of the event. But here's the good news: we can continue to work on the registration process, ie "the latest app..." Another lollipop to soothe away any rigmaroles promised the day before that have miserably failed to realize or simply unceremoniously dumped.

In short, Khun Nopakun would very much appreciate if we can read between his lines. Personally I think it might give some idea if we glimpsed back to the early days of trying to procure a facemask, N95 or otherwise, with all the hassle and hoops that entailed. A monetization experiment that has been proven successful, and damn worth repeating, in the name of Covid.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Hopefully below is not true.  ????

Just more round and round nonsense from the authorities, it would  seem it's not all that important to the monkeys in charge of the country. 

Finally...some GENUINE actionable news for foreigners!

In a press release yesterday, Thailand's deputy director of the Department of Disease Control, Dr Sopon Iamsirithaworn, announced that "high risk" foreigners (elderly and those with chronic diseases) will be able to register online to book vaccinations, beginning June 7th at www.thailandIntervac.com

See the press releases on Google Search by clicking this link

Don't blow it for everybody by attempting to register at the site before June 7th or it may get shut down the way Vimut Hospital shut down their online registration site!

This is by far the smartest thing the government could possibly do; to make online registration a reality, instead of the chaos and danger of infection that would be part of in-person, on-site registration. 

I only hope they can handle online registration better than Immigration has handled 90 day reporting!!!  I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

In a press release yesterday, Thailand's deputy director of the Department of Disease Control, Dr Sopon Iamsirithaworn, announced that "high risk" foreigners (elderly and those with chronic diseases) will be able to register online to book vaccinations, beginning June 7th at www.thailandIntervac.com

Don't blow it for everybody by attempting to register at the site before June 7th or it may get shut down the way Vimut Hospital shut down their online registration site!

Oh yes, don't scare it away by trying to register, that would be so bad that they shut it down out of spite.  Its pathetic how many apps and websites in this place either don't work at all, or crash at the slightest overuse. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Now why would you believe THIS when everything else they said was a lie?

A friend was registered there. 

They did offer Moderna, AZ,... you name it.

Available : only Sinovac.

Cancellation of the appointment came a couple of days later.

Reason they gave: This is for diplomats only. Not for ordinary people. 

That's exactly what that website says. I just checked it.

BTW read TVF, look at foreigners in Phuket, look at Barrow, and you should realize registration does not mean some nurse won't turn you away when you really want a shot.  FOR THAIS ONLY is very popular in Thailand.

Edited by Hyna
  • Like 2

Just now, Hyna said:

Now why would you believe THIS when everything else they said was a lie?

A friend was registered there. 

They did offer Moderna, AZ,... you name it.

Available : only Sinovac.

Cancellation of the appointment came a couple of days later.

Reason they gave: This is for diplomats only. Not for ordinary people. 

Why?  Because it is a logical solution, and a much better one than on-site registration!  It may be true that Thai government website have always been quirky at best, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how ti goes on June 7, instead of assuming the worst.

Currently that website is indeed for embassy staff, consulates, international organizations and their families only, which is plainly stated, so your anecdotal account is sort of meaningless IMO.

On June 7, it should also include all foreigners in the high risk groups, so why not just see what happens come June 7, instead of being so pessimistic?

16 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Oh yes, don't scare it away by trying to register, that would be so bad that they shut it down out of spite.  Its pathetic how many apps and websites in this place either don't work at all, or crash at the slightest overuse. 

If you think about it, online registration is really the only viable solution.  The thought of thousands of foreigners queing up in-person to register on June 7 is insane! 

The chaos and danger of infection with all those people in queue for hours on end is not a good solution and that's probably why official briefings have pretty much been silent about it during the past week.

I see this announcement as something positive, not something to be suspicious of.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

At this moment, the website states:

The vaccination appointment through this website is for embassy staff, consulates, international organizations and their families only.

If you are identified that you are not the aforementioned staff, the vaccination appointment will be canceled. Please present the employee card at the registration site.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fromas said:

At this moment, the website states:

The vaccination appointment through this website is for embassy staff, consulates, international organizations and their families only.

If you are identified that you are not the aforementioned staff, the vaccination appointment will be canceled. Please present the employee card at the registration site.

June 7th is the date to visit the site, not today...as if that even needed to be said.

Edited by WaveHunter

Just now, WaveHunter said:

If you think about it, online registration is really the only viable solution.  The thought of thousands of foreigners queing up in-person to register on June 7 is insane! 

The chaos and danger of infection with all those people in queue for hours on end is not a good solution and that's probably why official briefings have pretty much been silent about it during the past week.

I see this announcement as something positive, not something to be suspicious of.

Sounds like Jomtien Immigration office on a Monday????????

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Currently that website is indeed for embassy staff, consulates, international organizations and their families only, which is plainly stated,

It was not stated at the time of registration. 

The statement came later,  when they canceled the appointment. 

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

why not just see what happens come June 7, instead of being so pessimistic?

Because,  instead of staying put in Thailand as a sitting duck for the virus,  you can do what many Thais (and TVF members) do: fly to the US and get vaccinated. 

20 minutes ago, Fromas said:

By you? No.  On the website? Yes.

I am going by the press announcement which was only released yesterday, so the website will probably be updated today or soon to reflect that information.

Furthermore, the CCSA announcements for the last two weeks have also emphasized that foreigners may register ON OR AFTER JUNE 7th.  You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that means NOT BEFORE June 7.

Why be so pessimistic...this announcement is actually good news, not bad news?  Why not just wait a few days and see what actually happens instead of just assuming the worst ????

Edited by WaveHunter