When is Bangkok open with no quarantine?

16 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

I can't find any information so is there anything confirmed? I've heard that Phuket is open July 2021 to vaccinated foreigners, and Bangkok is open in October. Is this information is correct, or is nothing confirmed?

You are correct that Thailands ‘road map’ planned for Phuket to open to vaccinated foreigners from 1st July for a 7 day quarantine period (could not leave the island for 7 days) - further details were absent.

Thailands road map also planned to ‘open up’ the country on 1st October. I assumed this to mean the Emergency decree will end on 30th September and Thailand will open up to everyone. Mostly likely on those who have been vaccinated. 

None of this is official until it is announced in the Royal Gazette. In the mean time a lot of things can change.

The Emergency decree has just been extended another 3 months.

I suspect Thailand will relax is nationwide restrictions regarding international arrivals once it has confirmed that it has vaccinated >70% of its population. 

• Haha 1

Another dreamer withan online Thai girl waiting for him to fulfill his promise lol. Sorry but I couldn’t resist. Us foreigners on the ground here don’t have any inside info so please check MOFA website. Also the Nation You Tube is an excellent resource with daily English briefings. 

• Haha 2

a Thai Friend here in Germany has just booked Phuket for her and her two boys, she will have had been vaccinated by the time she travels, but her children will not, therefore the 7 days does not count, she has to stay for longer in quarantine

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

We dont want it to open we like it the way it is

Way it is?? A shell of closed up shops. Unemployment everywhere.  Arent you rich. Amazing how selfish farangs, guests of the Kingdom, can speaks for Thas while  forever reporting  every 3 month  to immigration.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2021 at 1:00 PM, richard_smith237 said:

You are correct that Thailands ‘road map’ planned for Phuket to open to vaccinated foreigners from 1st July for a 7 day quarantine period (could not leave the island for 7 days) - further details were absent.

Thailands road map also planned to ‘open up’ the country on 1st October. I assumed this to mean the Emergency decree will end on 30th September and Thailand will open up to everyone. Mostly likely on those who have been vaccinated. 

None of this is official until it is announced in the Royal Gazette. In the mean time a lot of things can change.

The Emergency decree has just been extended another 3 months.

I suspect Thailand will relax is nationwide restrictions regarding international arrivals once it has confirmed that it has vaccinated >70% of its population. 

Europe has just opened for vaccinated tourists from several countries including Thailand.

By the end of the summer we will have strong indications if the program is successful.  I am willing to bet that if it is successful it will be emulated by Thailand. So Keep a eye on Europe this summer. 

No way they are leaving all that tourist dollars on the table. 

10 hours ago, brommers said:

The arrival of the S African variant has changed the dynamics. The suggested dates were mostly set prior to the arrival of the Indian variant and that is now rampant in modern slavery encampments in Bangkok. As soon as the S African one hits the capital all bets are off because the AstraZeneca vaccine is not effective against it. Anyone thinking of travelling to Thailand could find themselves in a rapidly escalating crisis.

A lot of people here in Oz over 50 y.o. are putting off getting the A.Z. 'jab' (for fear of the small chance of clots) and waiting for the Pfizer and Moderna which will increase in supply in the last quarter of the year.  Health Authorities here are constantly trying to get more and more over 50's to have the A.Z.  A.S.A.P. and keep promoting all its good points...  one of which was stated yesterday >>>  if the South African variant happens to start spreading here, the AstraZeneca is effective against it!   

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, bangkok19 said:

if the South African variant happens to start spreading here, the AstraZeneca is effective against it!   

You must be joking.  South Africa completely stopped using the AZ vaccine months ago because they found it worthless against the variant there in multiple clinical trials.

On 5/24/2021 at 9:56 AM, Bkktodd said:

Way it is?? A shell of closed up shops. Unemployment everywhere.  Arent you rich. Amazing how selfish farangs, guests of the Kingdom, can speaks for Thas while  forever reporting  every 3 month  to immigration.  

It's possible to feel both empathy for the pain covid has caused Thai people as well as fortunate for the opportunity to live in a beautiful country without the usual tourist crowds.

On 5/23/2021 at 1:00 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Is that 70% of the over 60's which they might manage by 1st quarter of next year or

70% of the Thai adult population about mid 2022 or

70% of the total population about mid 2023 and would it include Expats and foreign workers or not

21 hours ago, bangkok19 said:

A lot of people here in Oz over 50 y.o. are putting off getting the A.Z. 'jab' (for fear of the small chance of clots) and waiting for the Pfizer and Moderna which will increase in supply in the last quarter of the year.  Health Authorities here are constantly trying to get more and more over 50's to have the A.Z.  A.S.A.P. and keep promoting all its good points...  one of which was stated yesterday >>>  if the South African variant happens to start spreading here, the AstraZeneca is effective against it!   

Most meds you take have similar risks. Read the fine print literature on any med you have handy and it will list all kinds of potential serious adverse reactions.