Thai media reports foreigners ready to make Thailand "their second home"

webfact

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Yea why don't we ever hear of Indians buying condos.....Don't Indians ever buy condos?

Also do you ever hear of Russian restaurants? And just a very few Chinese restaurants......But boy the Indians love opening restaurants.....Loads of them.....  

Yes, a mate from India just opened a Chinese Restaurant in Thailand with his Russian wife. Very international.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

They wanted to make Thailand their "second home" they suggested after a survey was carried out. 

If they're looking for a second home or investment much better places than Thailand.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Yes, a mate from India just opened a Chinese Restaurant in Thailand with his Russian wife. Very international.

On first read, looks like a money laundering business LOL (just kidding)

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I found a mental Thai lady to buy a House with a 90% mortgage in her name.

I assume SCB have money to burn!

Please send me her details. Would be interested to get to know her a bit deeper.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

It's a complex statement, why now and why only Chinese or Russian survey and not other countries? why now where Covid is everywhere and everyone is affaid and confused, i say this article is just blowing smokes up someone ares just for fun...

Russian and Chinese are not wellcome to any other place!Also  only place's where survey get nice result . And who want live in Russia or in China? Not even them self! 

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Unless, like me, you built a lovely home 12 years ago to share with my lovely wife. 

Thailand is never going to be my second home....it is my first, and probably last.

The exception that proves the rule......55...well done.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I found a mental Thai lady to buy a House with a 90% mortgage in her name.

I assume SCB have money to burn!

Back of the net......well done........I found a Thai lady that is costing me fortune........... like I have money to burn!!!!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

I agree but not sure they care? Thailand is a smallish country in the global economy and not very significant in any important metric - other than rice and sex.

Thailand could easily support it's entire undeveloped, mostly agrarian economy with China and forsake the west almost entirely. 

Again, the economy is not very productive, so not much slack to take up.

China will buy all the rice and durians, and the working girls will be all too happy to provide their services to Chinese men in place of us Farangs -- despite how much the girls have lied to us that they only like us big, fat Farangs.

Living in the past much. Here's a breakdwon of Thais GDP from 2009 to 2019. In 2019 agriculture constituted 8% of Thailand's GDP

image.png.48a1c74ee481f66e42e74c7f45667fbd.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/331893/share-of-economic-sectors-in-the-gdp-in-thailand/#:~:text=This statistic shows the share,sector contributed about 58.59 percent.

• Like 1

I'm ready to make my second house Thailand, but certainly not in Bangkok, Puket or Pattaya (not Chiang Khan, not KohSamui, not any other big cities full of crooks as in many other countries, mine included).

And yes, i'm sure Thailand can get something good from foreigners, and start from education level at school, construction (building) level for private homes, quality of products for all around technologies (so maybe one day product something and no more buy all from China at final expensive proce for a trashable very low quality, and this, for all products included tools).

Foreigners can also learn from Thailand about humanity (specialy human relationship) to.

But for that, first, it required to foreigner and Thai citizen to want to learn something from other instead of try to show a power that doesn't have or think something that doesn't exist or that is wrong in many situations. It require also to be able to get higher level concepts and look at each situation with more than one parameter (and not the only easy way binary conepts that any 5 years old child can create by reduction).

That need humility, concentration, implication, serious tasks to win, and it is very rare to human been to be motivate for this practice every days, and all the day/night.

So the cultural problem is not only because of Thailand, but because of human. Some other countries get more high level concepts (as Singapore or West European countries) due to there history.

Who know what can become a country tomorrow ?

But actualy, when i see reaction of people in front of coronavirus, i'm a bit afraid of their ability to grow up (not only in Thailand).

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

See how you double  investment plans out for you when your try to sell it. We can all get valuations that sound good on paper, but when we come to sell it might not be that easy to get the money you want.  

Its in a development where condos change hands very easily. I based the doubling of price on the units that have sold, so there is track record.  Granted its quiet at the moment, but wouldnt expect any problem shifting it in the future after the pandemic has passed.  That said it was never an investment plan, but somewhere to live. Since moved on but still used occasionally and no real plans to sell. But yeah, no problem in doubling in price when it comes to sell.