PM Prayut promotes confidence in Sinovac and AstraZeneca vaccines

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is promoting public confidence in the Sinovac and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines, the two brands currently being administered in Thailand

The only two available and even he ducked the first one.

• Like 2

Don't get your hopes up kiddies.  Uncle Tu and friends will only allow you to have the vaccines of the people whose financial interests they protect.  Yeah, a few off-brands will slip though for a significant price tag for the Hi-So, but commoners? 

Edited by connda

5 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

He took the Astrazenca vaccine again not Sinovac which is the one people have no confidence in.
He should have taken Sinovac like everyone else.

'He took the Astrazenca (sic) vaccine again' because he is over 60 years and could be given the Sinovac as his first one.

1 hour ago, connda said:

I expect at the end of the day all people within Thailand's borders will be required to get a shot or go to prison. 

...... or at least turned up the get the paper saying they've had the shot.

But that'll be years away, it's already been 6 months since COVID vaccinations arrived, and they've only managed to vaccinate 2% of the population so far. Let's assume they manage to double that speed, that's 8% of the population vaccinated every year ...... 10 years to vaccinate 80% of the population. I'll be dead of old age by the time they get around to me!

Thai officials usually get tired of any pronouncements in under 2 years.

Let's face it vaccinating more than 20% of the population is never likely to happen. 

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, mrfill said:

I wonder how many of the TVexperts type their antivax posts having taken Prozac for their depression, Fentinyl for their aches and Valium to get to sleep.

I find marijuana to be effective for all three.

And it also protects me from the worst effect of COVID (fear).

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

There may be some side effects, but they aren’t fatal”

He forgot to add that sometimes death is preferable to the permeant damage that can be done with things that are not fatal. 

Edited by thesetat2013
  • Thanks 1