Phuket sandbox. Will Pfizer vaccinated tourists be allowed?

On 5/25/2021 at 1:59 PM, oldcpu said:

I would not bet that.

I've heard (3rd hand) that some of the Phuket GMs have reported their Phuket hotels (big name 5-star) are close to fully booked for the high season starting in November/December.  I repeat - fully booked.

I don't know if true, but November/December is within the 6-months you noted - so I would recommend trimming the bet down to 4 months - or even to much less?    I would bet that the only way the normal ASQ's will be easier/cheaper will be if in July/August, a 4th pandemic wave hits Phuket from tourists arriving, bringing the virus (despite their being vaccinated) which in turn the Phuket 70% vaccinated could not cope with, resulting in  new lockdowns in Phuket.  I think that very unlikely - but time will tell.

I am starting to get optimistic.

Just made a few dummy bookings on Agoda for Christmas and New Year in Phuket no problem at all.

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Germany and France are OK, at least in the eyes of Thai Airways who have flights planned.

Correction:  Thai airways has flights scheduled from France and Germany.   It doesn't mean they actually plan to fly them.   

For the last year, they have continued to schedule flights to many countries they have no intention to actually fly.  They allow bookings and take your money and then cancel the flight a couple weeks before departure.  Then they refuse to give a refund, only a voucher for future travel.  Its all a great scam.  They have been doing this on many routes for a year.

Edited by Phillip9
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

Correction:  Thai airways has flights scheduled from France and Germany.   It doesn't mean they actually plan to fly them.

I think they do actually plan to fly them if things turn out the way they expect, but it's a big if at this stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I just found the update on the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT):

International travellers who have received the following vaccines are able to enter Phuket:
– Thai FDA approved vaccines: AstraZeneca, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, Sinovac Biotech, and Sinopharm.

It's absurd that they Ok that Chinese <deleted> yet have left out Pfizer, which is probably the most potent vaccine of all.

Also, now they have extended the 7 day stay in Phuket to 14 days. What are they thinking? The people who are vaccinated

won't pass the virus nor will they get it.  Morons.

14 minutes ago, BudKona said:

International travellers who have received the following vaccines are able to enter Phuket:
– Thai FDA approved vaccines: AstraZeneca, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, Sinovac Biotech, and Sinopharm.

Another line in a announcement also says vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) will be accepted.