Best Isaan or "Other" food in Greater Pattaya. Good value please!

JDJD

I'm in Pratumnak Hill. Just moved from Bangkok where I had all my favorites in order. Granted, all my favorites combined price and quality to come up with a good value. The best Gang Het isn't the best if it costs me B300. Please no advice about Pizza. I've got it nailed down. Best Pizza Sicilian (Sicily Pizza Pattaya)  Best Grab Friendly Pizza (DOM Pizza Restaurant) , Best value pizza (Divarium Cafe, Bar & Restaurant) Must order by phone. 0931710302. DONE! Isaan Food is my real treat. Anyone know where to go? Thank you. ????

• Like 1

I suppose I'm a bit biased as the owner of Divarium, Tony, has taken good care of all my special orders. I have lots of pics if you want to see. Tell Tony, Jojo sent you. YUM!

IMG_5591.jpeg

IMG_5592.jpeg

IMG_5593.jpeg

IMG_5594.jpeg

IMG_5595.jpeg

Edited by JDJD
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JDJD said:

I suppose I'm a bit biased as the owner of Divarium, Tony, has taken good care of all my special orders. I have lots of pics if you want to see. Tell Tony, Jojo sent you. YUM! 

Sorry to side track the discussion, but when I saw part of the menu you posted I had a good laugh.  This part about "no changes":

image.png.a3ac6a70de737be23526c37d4026cba6.png

Years and years back, I would have asked the little waitress if I could substitute one small OJ and one espresso for the one espresso and one OJ.  Then watch her expression.  Back then you could tease people and not get punched in the face.   555

JDJD, can't help you on the Isaan or "other" food unless you visit the U.S.  My wife always cooks for 6 and only 2 of us at the house.  Isaan, Northern, Vietnamese, whatever.  Thank goodness bamboo shoot season is about over here.  I expect one to sprout out my forehead and day now. And the local leaves we gather to make mieng kham are on the way out.  Ever had mieng kham?  Here we use Greenbrier leaves. 

Miang Kham (Betel Leaf Wrap) - Hot Thai Kitchen! เมี่ยงคำ - YouTube 

http://eattheplanet.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Greenbrier-Leaf.jpg

Bamboo from our yard:

image.png.6065a28f6ad097db51ba878a35bdfde8.png

Edited by Damrongsak

6 hours ago, JDJD said:

IMG_5591.jpeg

IMG_5592.jpeg

IMG_5593.jpeg

IMG_5594.jpeg

IMG_5595.jpeg

If I'm reading on the net right. Divarium is located in the Jomtien complex. I'm guessing I can walk over as well or is the menu strictly for phone orders only?

1 hour ago, jwdub said:

If I'm reading on the net right. Divarium is located in the Jomtien complex. I'm guessing I can walk over as well or is the menu strictly for phone orders only?

Never mind, I found their FB page. It's listed as a gay bar and restaurant. The dead giveaway is they have a menu item listed as the Big C*** Burger 555. No problem I have no phobia as I lived in San Francisco for a couple years. Gotta say they seem to have some pretty good prices and reviews. 

Was going to suggest taking a look at Ko Kun...

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9506739,100.8911872,3a,75y,0.36h,104.09t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sY7oZta9eDx6Y1m0sYNPMyA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

the

Next to the Thai Garden Resort/Austrian and German Consulate on Pattaya Nua.

They associate themselves with Pon Yang Kham beef cattle. 

But according to Google; it is now closed. Will take a look later.

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

My favourite street thai food places are on Soi Post Office 13/2, Pork noodle soup man and wife opposite Maxx Residence 40 baht. Hole in the wall close by Penang Kai 50 baht

I love Gua Chai Tao in my soup. It's a must have. And fried garlic. (What's the name again?) Oh my! 

Here is my go-to Gao Lao Muu in Bangkok. B60. Suk Soi 11/1. I liked it better with beef but they stopped selling it after COVID started because they didn't sell enough. 

IMG_0132.jpeg

IMG_0853.jpeg

IMG_2532.jpeg

Edited by JDJD

8 hours ago, jwdub said:

From what I read on the internet it's a "ShowGirls" type of place. Has entertainment when COVID is not around. I saw the menu on some advertisement somewhere. I'm certain you can walk on over for a bite. I think 9 or 10am until 11pm. 

5 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Was going to suggest taking a look at Ko Kun...

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9506739,100.8911872,3a,75y,0.36h,104.09t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sY7oZta9eDx6Y1m0sYNPMyA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

the

Next to the Thai Garden Resort/Austrian and German Consulate on Pattaya Nua.

They associate themselves with Pon Yang Kham beef cattle. 

But according to Google; it is now closed. Will take a look later.

It's open. Google has it wrong.

Some pics here: https://www.wongnai.com/restaurants/1259ve-โคขุน-โพนยางคำ-พัทยา

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jwdub said:

Never mind, I found their FB page. It's listed as a gay bar and restaurant. The dead giveaway is they have a menu item listed as the Big C*** Burger 555. No problem I have no phobia as I lived in San Francisco for a couple years. Gotta say they seem to have some pretty good prices and reviews. 

Indeed. Really an terrific value if you ask me. I've had the Salmon Bruschetta, Farmer Chicken Burger (Melted Feta), a few pizzas and the pork chop. I had the Rib Eye, and although it was cooked (Grilled even)  quite nicely, the quality of the meat suffered a little bit. Honestly for B200 and change is was awesome! The pizzas are like 9-10 inches. Lastly, I can eat their blue cheese sauce on anything and it will taste delicious. Highly recommended.

One more request. Anyone know of a baguette sandwich place? The Baguette in Hua Hin has a super legit menu of delicious sandwiches. I go for the brie and salmon with sliced tomato and rocket. It's like user B150 if i remember correctly. Actually, Hua His has a huge array of great value food. Here is just a taste. IMG_5512.jpeg.393b530d989d4804f57c9b3a4c7e0426.jpeg

IMG_4214.jpeg

IMG_4663.jpeg

IMG_4990.jpeg

Edited by JDJD

6 hours ago, JDJD said:

@damrongsak

When I speed read "JDJD, can't help you on the Isaan or "other" food unless you visit the U.S.", It sure did sound like you were inviting me for dinner. ????

Someone needs to  eat all the food she makes. ????  If/when we get back for an extended visit, come visit Loei.

5 hours ago, Cisco said:

Jebang restaurant(s). There is one on Theprassit and another on Sukhumvit. Great Issan food. 

Open air traditional.

I will try that, thanks.  Google maps knows it as "Nong Jay Bang Isan Food."

• Like 1