Phuket Governor calls for COVID cooperation from foreigners

webfact

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

But you are not offended by the posts from bigots on this forum.

What goes around comes around.

I am offended when I feel insulted. Bigots don't insult me so I am not offended - by them!

In any event my feeling offended is a passing event and I won't forever be carrying it around with me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

In my opinion, that notice is unnecessary and I for one am offended!

Harden up.

He has just asked us to co-operate during a pandemic that has killed millions.

What's wrong with people these days. Talk about oversensitive.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

29 minutes ago, Guderian said:

thought I'd seen it all a year ago when Anutin started his racist rants about 'dirty foreigner

Much worse racist rants on this forum daily.

Often directed at Thais, Chinese, Russians,Indians etc

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

It seems that I have made an error of judgment in stating being 'offended"

If you had heard me actually say it, you would have heard a distinct impression that I was being somewhat facetious.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Not worse at all. Even if it was, it's not coming from the health minister of our respective countries is it?

If Matt Hancock lost his temper and ranted at reporters that Covid rates in the UK are due to the dirty F'ing n*****s that never shower, then THAT would be a legitimate comparison.

Your comparison on the other hand is weak and reeks of being a Thai apologist.

Calm down Johnny. The Phuket Governor has just asked us to be mindful of the pandemic and be cooperative.

He didn't call us any names.

Now be a good boy and do as you have been politely asked.

We are guests in this country, if you don't like it you should do yourself a favour and leave.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

It's strange that this letter is coming after 1 month with some stats from Apr 27...! Was it stuck in the Thai past ...!? lol

What's the stats from Apr 27 to May 27...? wait a minute there is hardly any Covid infections right now, almost zero or single digits..., the island is closed even to incoming locals unless they are Covid free, so why everything is closed and why ask foreigners to be so careful, where is the boogy man Covid now ...!!!!???

Sometimes they run out of announcement I think and need to dig deep into pile of their papers, even going back a month....????????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wasabi said:

Thank God he wrote that letter. We can all rest easy now that the covid situation has been addressed. For a moment I thought the problem was they hadn't ordered enough vaccines nor had a plan to inoculate people with the feeble amount they already have. 

He is preparing to blame the faring for what will obviously be the NON opening of Phuket July 1 after all it cannot be the incompetent decision makers????????????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

One thing I'll never understand - for a country where 'Face' is everthing, why don't they get nafive English speakers to proof read things?

Agree...  its not hard....   same <deleted> as chinese making products in the bollions selling globally and some things have no manual in Eng at all or are so bad its confusing and we have to wait for someone to uncode it and post a youtube...  its just mind boggling stupidity, some manuals are so simply too, I could correct it in 5 min...  things like "select location as mainland china" or it wont work,,, so you have billions of people puling their hair out over little simple things x billions....  I guess the thought paths are just different...

3 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

After the most recent outbreak , of the first 200 infected , 164 were Thai. 

And this , in a tourist hotspot !

I urge the Thai people to listen to their government and stop gathering to eat shoulder to shoulder and spend all night drinking Leo and sharing each others food.

This makes we farang sad  and spreads the virus to us.

I urge the Governor to send the message and speak clearly to the Thai people living in Phuket.

drove through nanai rd last night...  20 thais partying in massage parlour...  and many more....  cop rides his bike past......  its all a joke...

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, CALSinCM said:

If I was a bureaucrat writing to foreign dignitaries, I would make absolutely sure that my correspondence were reviewed by a translator who was capable of both editing and translating the document before it was publish. Why?  Doing otherwise would make me look incompetent.
I know in the US especially in muli-ethnic communities like in California, the government issues Covid related documents and news in 18 languages and 10 indigenous Latin American dialects.  I doubt those documents are written in a pigin form of the target language. 
The fact that Thais in the upper crust of the power elite can't produce a simple letter in English really shows their own ethnocentrism: Thailand is the center of the universe.  English may be the international media for business and official communication but English speakers who visit Thailand should all be fluent in Thai.  If they refuse, then broken English is what they'll get.  That's rather embarrassing. 
I don't expect governors to have a good command of English, but I do expect them to know where to find a competent translator so their message to foreigners, especially foreign embassy staff, doesn't get lost in translation.

perhaps they worry about the cost?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

I'm perfectly calm thanks. Actually, I was referring to Anutin's rant. Do try and keep up son.

Now, haven't you got some boots to lick? Hurry up like a good little farang. Chop Chop.

Oh no. You still harping on about Anutin? Over a year ago.

When do you think you might finally get over it?

Please stay on topic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Personally I can't see why anyone in their right mind would want to visit Phuket?

I visited once around 5 years ago and vowed never to return.

Did not feel welcome, hassled everywhere you walked and even a bar owner admitted it was probably the most expensive place in Thailand. There are many, many nicer places to go in Thailand.

It did not help when one girl I met had 4 pints of Heinekin for breakfast.

I was just checking on the regulations for tourists to enter Thailand and came across the info about tourists needing a COE. Well after reading the process to obtaining a COE and restrictions for entry I am pretty sure Thailand wouldn’t be seeing any tourist for a while. 

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I hope all consuls give him a suitable reply.

Just in case they aren't sure, may I suggest such a suitable reply

????

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1