Pattaya: Dozens of Thai and foreign tourists arrested "brazenly" drinking alcohol and smoking shisha

webfact

40 minutes ago, J Town said:

Even if the tourists were to claim ignorance of the law, the owner knew the risks. Shame on all of them.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse....and are there really any tourists here who do not know of the alcohol ban you think?

9 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

ahh, is this something you do often

And losing these will cause you to catch the virus, how ?

And what exactly do you lose , that you don't when having fun with friends eating and drinking soft drinks 

I was not against your post...............i agree with you........................but the normal reply is "alcohol causes people to lose their inhibitions" hence the need for the ban

Something i disagree with..............

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

and 7 foreigners

How many times must we say this!!!!  Falangs....not your country.   no follow rules, you go home now!!!!  you ruin all of us other falangs!!!!!  

No excuse.  They probably never heard of covid, they will tell us.  no worries about infecting the poor, the old, the sick..........not worried about maybe killing billions.  maybe they will start the SOI Variant...the most dangerous in the galaxy.  

Is this what the Wuhan scientist thought???????

hey, while i look at this bat I'll do some drinking!!!!!  oops.....

Is there even one responsible person left on Earth???

I'm 400 meters below the surface, surviving on worms.....all so I don't get covid and infect other humans...

these 7 falangs.....oh they not think same same!!!!!  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

25 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

so its legal to sit in a restaurant, without a mask , eating food and drinking coke,, but the minute you change the coke to a beer, it becomes illegal, due to the risk of catching the Covid ?

Either its a very intelligent virus, or a rather stupid rule 

Complete non sequitur..... and you claim the rule is stupid.

39 minutes ago, poohy said:

Used to own a shisha cafe in Bkk early 2000s the license comes with the brown envelope delivered and collected by the man in brown We weren't in Arab quarter and were packed out with uni students mostly

Back then i believe it was still grey area legal, but what is funny is this OP saying owner will be charged with selling shisha with no licence, as if one exists or ever did

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Why pick Pakistan and Greece, don't tell me that your a gay basher as well.

Cultural, they don't consider it to be gay, like in prison.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Edit: Don't forget to go to church on Sunday.

Churches are for weddings. You are married aren't you?

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

At it again, prostitute bashing, no doubt your one of those guys who uses their services, gets off, pays them and then talks badly of them, suffice to say, that would mean that you have no respect for yourself for all of the above.

Now don't be bashful, you have openly admitted it here on TVF that you are married and have slept with "prostitutes and freelances", so what should we call you, John

Very good question!

Edited by Maitdjai
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

At it again, prostitute bashing, no doubt your one of those guys who uses their services, gets off, pays them and then talks badly of them, suffice to say, that would mean that you have no respect for yourself for all of the above.

Now don't be bashful, you have openly admitted it here on TVF that you are married and have slept with "prostitutes and freelances", so what should we call you, John ?

"Hypocrite" could be one possibility? Beside many others. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

There the customers were charged with breaking Covid-19 rules while the owner was also charged with not having a licence, serving shisha and alcohol.

Whether the venue will be permanently closed will be up for discussion

As the venue doesn't even have a licence to operate one would assume it will be closed.

5 hours ago, rott said:

And your source of information for this statement.?

I do not doubt that some violence occurs. 

But in over 20 years of drinking in the farang bar areas of Pattaya I do not have personal knowledge of any instance of this. And certainly not "many". So I doubt the veracity of your statement. 

Gee mate it would be a daily event.

Here we go, from today's news. Sliced her up, stuffed her in a suitcase and threw her in a river.

Looks relatively mild compared to yesterday's cases.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

As the venue doesn't even have a licence to operate one would assume it will be closed.

You never know here..... whether it had any licences at all, or was simply lacking the one it needed when the police arrived.... like one for darts or one for card games, or the shisha, or to have seating ....

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ventenio said:

How many times must we say this!!!!  Falangs....not your country.   no follow rules, you go home now!!!!  you ruin all of us other falangs!!!!!  

No excuse.  They probably never heard of covid, they will tell us.  no worries about infecting the poor, the old, the sick..........not worried about maybe killing billions.  maybe they will start the SOI Variant...the most dangerous in the galaxy.  

Is this what the Wuhan scientist thought???????

hey, while i look at this bat I'll do some drinking!!!!!  oops.....

Is there even one responsible person left on Earth???

I'm 400 meters below the surface, surviving on worms.....all so I don't get covid and infect other humans...

these 7 falangs.....oh they not think same same!!!!!  

wow. another intelligent reply from what appears to be a non english speaking person 

Someone who thinks beer is infected with Covid !!!

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Complete non sequitur..... and you claim the rule is stupid.

and you think the virus know the difference ?

if there is a virus in the bar/restaurant, already, will it only infect those drinking beer ?

If there is no virus in the bar, what difference does it make what you drink ?

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

Gee mate it would be a daily event.

Here we go, from today's news. Sliced her up, stuffed her in a suitcase and threw her in a river.

Looks relatively mild compared to yesterday's cases.

You would have to be slightly retarded to attack or hit a thai women in pattaya.

Have you ever seen drunk Issan girls in pattaya, once there was an instance where a guy pushed a women and then they proceeded to attack him with their high heeled shoes and left the falang unconscious in a pool of blood!!

Its a daily event though according to Rob Muir above although i think he's trolling for fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

We all know what that will depend on.......

regards Worgeordie

Indeed, the guy doesn't have a license but they're thinking about leaving it open ... speaks volumes.