Fears that relaxing ganja laws will result in crime explosion - but US data suggests otherwise

webfact

Just now, Neeranam said:

Don't you mean Manali? 

The stoneheads just sat outside the Freedom Cafe all day with their chilums. 

The generalisation is right, continual use of ganja ma rs one a zombie and causes mental problems. 

Nope, I meant Malana which is where the best charas comes from, or atleast used to. Manali used to be full of Israelis who had just finished their national service and was a tourist trap.

As an alcoholic, did you go to Manali just to judge a few kids smoking chillums to make yourself feel superior ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

As it says in the forward of the AA bible, "We, of Alcoholics Anonymous, are more than one hundred men and women who have recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body.

AllI have known to take other drugs, eventually pick up a drink. 

Good that you're recovered. So, now you don't have to worry about taking another drink or smoking some ganja. Me, as a recovering alcoholic, I know that I will never be able to take another drink with a very good change of going right back into drinking and using. Not willing to take that ride again.

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Nice!With that male plant there are you going for seed production for next years crop expansion project?

Not really , I just walk around to either of my neighbours and take what I want.

Beginning of the year the whole family next door were rolling joints in the evening , a proper production line , I came home with about 10 spliffs.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Not really , I just walk around to either of my neighbours and take what I want.

Beginning of the year the whole family next door were rolling joints in the evening , a proper production line , I came home with about 10 spliffs.

Is the place on the other side of your neighbours available for rent?

Here is one I spotted next door to Aunties place in a nearby village and managed to get a nice sample given to me after they harvested it.They use it in cooking and I cooked it in a bong.

DF13E109-758F-4B9D-8D18-6D8F471FE111_1_105_c.jpeg.cda1eca1dc646b114134c98949e39b91.jpeg

This little fella was struggling in a  black plastic seedling bag and had already budded so it got planted and started to regenerate notice the one fingered leaves.

F03DAD43-C8E8-42F0-9EA6-F987A271547D_1_105_c.jpeg.8b6d789e945d3b09b056a4eeebfc463e.jpeg

Then the normal leaves began to emerge.This technique might ensure one only grows female plants.

D0640632-2980-451D-AC17-6C76A53A3DB4_1_105_c.jpeg.cfa1fb5ef0d5ddaa8f95537b604c7f5a.jpeg

DF13E109-758F-4B9D-8D18-6D8F471FE111_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbone said:

Good that you're recovered. So, now you don't have to worry about taking another drink or smoking some ganja. Me, as a recovering alcoholic, I know that I will never be able to take another drink with a very good change of going right back into drinking and using. Not willing to take that ride again.

It's better than good, it unbelievably wonderful and beyond my wildest dreams! 

There is some 'new age' <deleted> in AA today that says you will always be recovering and never get well, which is in direct contrast to what the Big Book says. I guess this comes from treatment centres. 

Alcoholism is a thee fold disease - physical, mental, spiritual. 

I have recovered from the mental obsession. The physical allergy will always remain -  if I drink, I won't be able to stop, but this point is moot as I never have to take the first drink. 

So basically, I have recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of body and mind. This does not mean I am 'cured' , the solution is a 'daily reprieve'  it is contingent on the maintenance of my spiritual condition(the 3rd facet of the disease).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Nope, I meant Malana which is where the best charas comes from, or atleast used to. Manali used to be full of Israelis who had just finished their national service and was a tourist trap.

As an alcoholic, did you go to Manali just to judge a few kids smoking chillums to make yourself feel superior ? 

I went to India to try to cure my alcoholism by spiritual means. I never drank there. I have nothing against dope. I smoked a lot in India. Actually, I felt inferior as I could smoke as much as those guys. 

24 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Weed is addicting, mind numbing and makes people fat and stupid.

Lots of rehab centers in the US full of potheads.  Very dumb idea to allow any of it here.

It really helps relieve an old person's joint pains though.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Weed is addicting, mind numbing and makes people fat and stupid.

Lots of rehab centers in the US full of potheads.  Very dumb idea to allow any of it here.

What about for making paper and buildings and plastic parts for vehicles and oils for biofuels and so on reducing our dependence on fossil fuels is that also a dumb idea or would you prefer to continue our dependence on fossil fuels people also make particle boards for construction the list of beneficial uses far outweigh the fact some who smoke get fat and stupid, to me making it illegal is much more stupider.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It really helps relieve an old person's joint pains though.

It's probably because it made you too stupid to realise you had pains in your joints or to remember where you put your joints which another source of joint pain!That's one reason to smoke bongs so you don't get joint pain.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Used to spend half my dole money on Thai stick in the early 70's, is it still available without a prison sentence? 

Grow your own, it's really easy and costs almost nothing.

5,000bht for a HLG 240 LED lamp from Shoppee, and $20 for a packet of seeds from Europe/USA (Attitude).

https://shopee.co.th/ไฟปลูกต้นไม้-HLG-240W-V3-LM301H-V4-UV-IR-i.199945586.9909461224

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Used to spend half my dole money on Thai stick in the early 70's, is it still available without a prison sentence? 

So the other half of your dole money was spent on munchies presumably.Early seventies would be ten bucks a stick then?

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

1997 ! Was it skunk weed  ! I vaguely remember the last time  I smoked ! Half a joint and I was wondering around at the check out lines in the super market looking for mass quantities of Almond Joy bars ! My son brings this up for $$hits and giggles all the time 555

I was never that up to date, Moroccan zero zero

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

So the other half of your dole money was spent on munchies presumably.Early seventies would be ten bucks a stick then?

Vimto and mars bars, 4.50 uk pounds a stick, the bloke we bought it off ended up with 6 months!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

I was never that up to date, Moroccan zero zero

Where I lived in the UK, there was only very low grade Morrocan available. Luckily, i discovered Skunk#1 in Amsterdam around 89. I can still remember vividly leaving the central coffeeshop in the dam absolutely blasted, thinking <deleted> have I just smoked this isn't pot. Turns out I loved it and was growing it a year later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, riclag said:

1997 ! Was it skunk weed  ! I vaguely remember the last time  I smoked ! Half a joint and I was wondering around at the check out lines in the super market looking for mass quantities of Almond Joy bars ! My son brings this up for $$hits and giggles all the time 555

I've never had skunk. Had Thai sticks on Koh Pa Ngan during the first early moon parties re 1991.

My friend who was a 10 foot unicyling juggler taxi driver used to take hash from Nepal hidden in his dreadlocks ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1