Thailand reports 4,803 new COVID-19 cases, 34 new deaths

webfact

Just now, Spock said:

They get more than enough punishment for their crime. They do not also deserve to be captive victims to covid.

Do you have any practical suggestions...do you just want to release them so they can spread the virus nationwide, or do you just like to wail at all the injustice in the world?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

See...even more victims; and don't forget the girl/boyfriends, fiancés, and in-laws. Then there's the people and shopkeepers they probably robbed and stole from to fund their habit...and the employers they embezzled funds from...and the people they borrowed money from with no intention of paying it back. The list of victims is almost endless.

If you go to a prison and see the families in large numbers throughout the day visiting their relatives inside, you would soon realise that many prisoners enjoy a high level of support from the people you claim are their victims.

• Like 1

Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

That's typically the amount for a foreigner or wealthy Thai in a serious case...my understanding is it's much less for average Thais, especially for what you term lesser crimes like use/possession of personal amounts of illegal narcotics. 

You not only lack compassion you additionally have no touch with the reality of what most of those awaiting trial are going through, how much they have or whether or not they can afford bail. You making assumptions based on zero facts. 

But I guess your understanding is all thats required for you.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Spock said:

The Thai government are releasing 16% or 50000 prisoners next month to alleviate conditions inside.

I am really wailing against you. You come across as the last sort of foreigner I would want to meet in Thailand or any other country.

Believe me the feeling is mutual...I've got no time for prisoner's rights and jail reform advocates. That's last on my list of priorities. 

6 hours ago, starky said:

Mate don't know where you live in Thailand but by your handle im assuming BKk. Go visit a rural hospital anywhere up country pre covid. They make those field hospitals look awesome.

I've been to a rural hospital yes and no they do not make that field hospital look awesome.  

I don't live in Bangkok but I do live in Phuket and have done so for 15 years

Edited by blackcab
Bold font removed. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording

23 minutes ago, starky said:

Mate don't know where you live in Thailand but by your handle im assuming BKk. Go visit a rural hospital anywhere up country pre covid. They make those field hospitals look awesome.  Most rural hospitals have 5,6,7 people in the same room with various illnesses and states of health with their family tending to them, feeding then and doing their best. These hospitals are overcrowded and understaffed and this is not a judgement call but expecting a first world response in this country outside of the big metropolitan centres is insane. This is a developing nation with facilities to match and this tired expat narrative that Thailand should be doing better only points to the deluded assumptions of some who live here.

Hear hear!

The level of ignorance people have is completely staggering.  

Nobody likes a foreigner coming in with no practical knowledge of anything telling people how to do things when they don't have a single clue what they are talking about.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea maybe but we're on a Thai forum and the thread is about cases here not abroad. If we were on a forum in the UK, USA, Italy India or Brazil then you'd have a valid point.

Huge amount of criticism going on in UK right now!

REUTERS FILE PHOTO for reference only

Thailand on Saturday (May 29) reported 4,803 new COVID-19 cases and 34 additional deaths.

● 2,101 new infections
● 2,702 prison / prison infections

worrying when you see theirs more cases in prison than out can’t trust the guards ????‍♂️

• Like 1

Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced that they have 90  new cases and two more deaths. The total new cases so far is now 4,607. Most new cases are in Bang Lamung/Pattaya (6), Chonburi City (21), and Sriracha (32) #COVID19 #Thailand

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The question on the table is the impact of Songkran travel on infections in Chonburi. I have demonstrated that there were more infections before Songkran than today. 

So lockdowns work!

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The news comes as Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha reassured all Thais that they will be inoculated with COVID-19 vaccines this year.

Another loaded statement... "all Thais"

I hope a joint letter from every embassy in Thailand falls on Prayuts desk Monday morning asking exactly what does he mean by that and can he clarify?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocking Robert said:

It’s so easy to Criticize the people in charge. When everyone think all you have to do is shut everything down. You have to look at the impact it has on the economy.Also during a worldwide pandemic I do believe people do die

Its the continuos lies and lack of transparency that is the issue.

13 hours ago, starky said:

Mate don't know where you live in Thailand but by your handle im assuming BKk. Go visit a rural hospital anywhere up country pre covid. They make those field hospitals look awesome.  Most rural hospitals have 5,6,7 people in the same room with various illnesses and states of health with their family tending to them, feeding then and doing their best. These hospitals are overcrowded and understaffed and this is not a judgement call but expecting a first world response in this country outside of the big metropolitan centres is insane. This is a developing nation with facilities to match and this tired expat narrative that Thailand should be doing better only points to the deluded assumptions of some who live here.

That isn’t a hospital, no matter if that’s the term used to describe it.

it’s a dormitory, made of cardboard box beds that looks neat and tidy when it’s brand new and unused. What will it look like after a week of use? And how will it look with an actual person per bed and all their gubbins. Where are the showers, the toilets the canteen? How are they fed?

Just like any holiday brochure, I wouldn’t go by the pretty pictures, reality is often different.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 10:15 AM, dinsdale said:

Ok. You think 110,000 infections and close to 900 deaths in six wks isn't much then that's your thought process. I think differently. What do I expect from a global pandemic that's been runnig for almost a year and a half is better governance. 

No chance of that with an unelected "PM" in charge.

• Like 1

Thailand reports new daily record of 5,485 new COVID-19 cases, 19 new deaths

COVID31.JPG
Government officials in face masks attend a preparation of the Central Vaccination Center as the country deals with a fresh wave of the infections after tackling earlier outbreaks of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Bangkok, Thailand, May 21, 2021. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

Thailand on Monday (May 31) reported 5,485 new COVID-19 cases and 19 additional deaths.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1218914-thailand-reports-new-daily-record-of-5485-new-covid-19-cases-19-new-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin