Big Joke wants YOUR views on police reform - he's setting up a "People Poll"

webfact

On 5/29/2021 at 12:46 PM, ikke1959 said:

Maybe they have to start working. 

and not only office hours from 9.00 - 16.30 but day and night in shifts

And checkpoints are to check... everything and not only tax paid yes or no...

Check alcohol abuse, driving license, and if your car is ok to drive with.  working lights, wipers, brakes, profile of the tires, overloading, to high loaded and black smoke.. and of also for motorcycles. helmets, age, three on a bike, driverslicense, speeding and make the list longer. There is a lot of work to do every day and night. So start with it

The Police at Pattaya checkpoints already do that -- for farangs!  I remember once having everything checked out by the police at a checkpoint.  They were so frustrated that they gave me a ticket for a passenger who was not wearing a seatbelt.  Then they spent 15 minutes trying to convince me to pay them in cash on the spot!  I disappointed them and paid through the post office.

The irksome part of this ticket is I was right behind a pickup truck full of Thai children with no seatbelts and they were just waved through.

I strongly believe that no policeman should ever be allowed to accept any cash from the public.  Anyone who does so should be charged with a felony.  The Police administration should establish a strong Internal Affairs department with all of the resources they need to weed out the corrupt no matter how many are involved.  Finally, elephants will fly before anything serious is ever done!

• Like 1

Solutions are simple being able to enact them not so simple.

1. raise the monthly pay for police to a liveable wage.

2, remove all senior police.  \

3. Relocate mid- high level police to different areas

4.  Make it clear that anyone found taking a bribe will be automatically removed from the the RTP.

5. set a penalty system that is not up to a judicial choice

100 -1000 baht removal from the police 

1000 - 100000 baht removal from the police and fine of 200,000 baht

in excess 100,000 baht  removal from the police and 2 years in prison as well as ALL FAMILY ASSETS 

6. Bring pride back with military style discipline.

7. establish a civilian oversight of people that are not associated with the government with power to take action.

8. raise the standards of people that are joining the police.  minimum pratom 5, able to read and write Thai as well as Math.

On 5/29/2021 at 1:11 PM, sammieuk1 said:

Could  start  with the questions  of who booted you out and why? followed by who filled your car with holes and why? and how do you afford expensive holidays on police  pay?????

Also followed by How Did you get your job back?

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 1:11 PM, sammieuk1 said:

Could  start  with the questions  of who booted you out and why? followed by who filled your car with holes and why? and how do you afford expensive holidays on police  pay?????

Also ask how did you get your job back?

On 5/29/2021 at 12:36 PM, ezzra said:

Here's one idea, show a search warrant  to the occupant of the property BEFORE you storm the place with 50 plain cloths policemen...

How could they have shown a warrant when one wasn't even obtained.  

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Darn, get out more. They pop up from behind things at traffic junctions in daytime.

I use Rot Fai & Suk four days a week; before shut-down I attended Quizzes in various bars two nights a week using Tai & 2nd Road without a glimpse of Plod.  Which junctions are you talking about so I can get a photo of these elusive, rare creatures?

1 minute ago, mikebell said:

I use Rot Fai & Suk four days a week; before shut-down I attended Quizzes in various bars two nights a week using Tai & 2nd Road without a glimpse of Plod.  Which junctions are you talking about so I can get a photo of these elusive, rare creatures?

2nd and Klang, stop over the line and they pop up like genies.

They were setting up as usual under the Hwy 7 flyover on Rod Fai not long ago, (well weeks actually) then later were at the Waterworks junction..... 

On 5/29/2021 at 12:52 PM, Rampant Rabbit said:

Doesn't really  matter does it we BOTH  know there  will be absolutely ZERO  change.

Oh I forgot except their super  new haircuts which IS an absolute priority, all they need  now is the jack boots  to go with it.

Make sure the police are fit enough to do the job, when I say fit, I mean that literally, no fat bellies which is all too common, give every officer a time limit to reach a certain standard of fitness according to their age group, and don't let anyone even apply to join the police unless their fitness is off a certain standard.

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Make sure the police are fit enough to do the job, when I say fit, I mean that literally, no fat bellies which is all too common, give every officer a time limit to reach a certain standard of fitness according to their age group, and don't let anyone even apply to join the police unless their fitness is off a certain standard.

Dont think fitness  is  really necessary to be a  good  policeman, just honest and hard working.

2 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Dont think fitness  is  really necessary to be a  good  policeman, just honest and hard working.

Of course fitness is really necessary, unless in a permanent office job. How is a fat, overweight policeman able to chase and catch a criminal? Not all crimes are committed by people using transport.

21 hours ago, possum1931 said:

You have not ridden a motorbike in Pattaya then?

Not any more (given the bike deaths here) but I do currently drive a car; four days a week I use Rot Fai and Suk; two nights a week I use Tai and 2nd Road - all Plod-free zones.  Let me know where you spot these shrinking violets, I'd like a photo before they become extinct.

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

2nd and Klang, stop over the line and they pop up like genies.

They were setting up as usual under the Hwy 7 flyover on Rod Fai not long ago, (well weeks actually) then later were at the Waterworks junction..... 

Thank you.  A mate got 'done' at 2nd/Klang but that was over a year ago.

"Police Reform"

Biggest spit take ever.

We'll all be vaccinated, crop burning will be stopped, it will snow in Bangkok, traffic problems in Bangkok will be solved, citizens will be able to protest then, maybe the police will be reformed.

Just replace them with traffic cones and cash deposit machines, mission accomplished.

The police are the PtBs hammer, ain't gonna ever change.