Sinovac Safe?

habuspasha

12 minutes ago, EricTh said:

It's the same in Chiang Mai, I asked whether there are any supply of Sinovac and they said it's all taken.

So all these negative news are just propaganda by certain people that nobody wants Sinovac. It's wise that you didn't get brainwashed by them.

However, one disadvantage of Sinovac is that it's not recognized in western countries so if you want to travel to western countries, it's advisable to take western vaccines.

Well, it's very early days yet and the supply of sinovac is very limited. So you would expect it to run out quickly even if only a small percentage of the population was eager to be inoculated with it. Better to wait a few months before making a judgement about the level of acceptance of the vaccine.

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Very slick video. What it doesn't mention is the epidemiological aspect of it. The mRNA vaccines are better at preventing transmission of the virus. So, for the sake of society at large, if you can get an mRNA vaccine you should do so.

The Chinese immunization effort is very impressive now, they do an average of 18 million jabs daily with 5 different vaccines. One can wonder if they would honor any export commitments, like the Sinopharm deal with Thailand. Registrations for vaccinations mean little here, just as I found today.

Just now, EricTh said:

Sorry, but there are long term side effects of mRNA which I won't go into details. It's not in mainstream media because they don't want you to know. Anyway, each of us do our own research and we do what is best for our own body.

Sure, this is what Chinese and Russian disinformation sources have been claiming for quite a while. And the Chinese sources will keep on claiming it until the mRNA vaccines that are being created in China go into clinical trials. Your claim is just more of the same baseless nonsense.

Russia, China sow disinformation to undermine trust in Western vaccines: EU

Russian and Chinese media are systematically seeking to sow mistrust in Western COVID-19 vaccines in their latest disinformation campaigns aimed at dividing the West, a European report said on Wednesday.

From December to April, the two countries' state media outlets pushed fake news online in multiple languages sensationalising vaccine safety concerns, making unfounded links between jabs and deaths in Europe and promoting Russian and Chinese vaccines as superior, the EU study said.

The Kremlin and Beijing deny all disinformation allegations by the EU, which produces regular reports and seeks to work with Google (GOOGL.O), Facebook (FB.O), Twitter (TWTR.N) and Microsoft (MSFT.O) to limit the spread of fake news.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/russia-china-sow-disinformation-undermine-trust-western-vaccines-eu-report-says-2021-04-28/

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, it's very early days yet and the supply of sinovac is very limited. So you would expect it to run out quickly even if only a small percentage of the population was eager to be inoculated with it. Better to wait a few months before making a judgement about the level of acceptance of the vaccine.

The level of acceptance of a vaccine is not dependent on how good a vaccine is. It depends on how much propaganda is spent against a vaccine and how much people believe in it. It has nothing to do with science.

What I am trying to say is , the fact that Sinovac is in short supply proved the 'reports' that all Thai people are avoiding it is fake news.

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Sure, this is what Chinese and Russian disinformation sources have been claiming for quite a while. And the Chinese sources will keep on claiming it until the mRNA vaccines that are being created in China go into clinical trials. Your claim is just more of the same baseless nonsense.

LOL. I can assure you that there are 1 million times more disinformation against Chinese and Russian vaccines in the western media than the other way around. 

Just search all the posts in this forum and western media. I hardly see any disinformation against western vaccines so your claim here is baseless.

By the way, there is also one Chinese vaccine based on mRNA. So it's not based on country but technology.

Edited by EricTh

Just now, EricTh said:

The level of acceptance of a vaccine is not dependent on how good a vaccine is. It depends on how much propaganda is spent against a vaccine and how much people believe in it. It has nothing to do with science.

What I am trying to say is , the fact that Sinovac is in short supply proved the 'reports' that all Thai people are avoiding it is fake news.

Well, I don't know who contended that all Thai people are against it. Obviously that's not a realistic claim. But from what I've seen from Thais I know, most do seem to be very dubious about it.  If such is the case, it's unfortunate, but that's the way it looks like it is. And your claim that because what little there was has already been spoken for, isn't valid for determing the level of the Thai people's acceptance of Coronavac.

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, I don't know who contended that all Thai people are against it. Obviously that's not a realistic claim. But from what I've seen from Thais I know, most do seem to be very dubious about it.  If such is the case, it's unfortunate, but that's the way it looks like it is. And your claim that because what little there was has already been spoken for, isn't valid for determing the level of the Thai people's acceptance of Coronavac.

If you even bothered to read all the comments in this forum for the past few months, you would already know the answer.

The comments goes like this 'All the Thai (and foreigners) I know don't want to take Sinovac'... I am sure it's not difficult for you to search for them.

So why is it in short supply? which contradicts all the statements made by these people. 

As of 20 May, 6 million doses of Sinovac has arrived in Thailand. So 6 million doses isn't a small amount which can be used for 6 million people's first jab.

Edited by EricTh

Well, lead by example.  Get the shot.  Show her that it's safe and effective.  If you have no side effects it will motivate her to follow in your footsteps.  If you have a serious adverse reaction everyone of her friends, family, and members of her village will probably never get the shot.  If you have moderate side effects she'll probably still balk and I wouldn't blame her.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, connda said:

Well, lead by example.  Get the shot.  Show her that it's safe and effective.  If you have no side effects it will motivate her to follow in your footsteps.  If you have a serious adverse reaction everyone of her friends, family, and members of her village will probably never get the shot.  If you have moderate side effects she'll probably still balk and I wouldn't blame her.

Mild side effects is to be expected for all vaccines like mild fever, fatigue and sore arm. It shows that your body is building up antibodies against the vaccine. 

It's only the severe side effects like blood clots and deaths that is worrying.

Edited by EricTh

6 minutes ago, EricTh said:

If you even bothered to read all the comments in this forum for the past few months, you would already know the answer.

The comments goes like this 'All the Thai (and foreigners) I know don't want to take Sinovac'... I am sure it's not difficult for you to search for them.

So why is it in short supply? which contradicts all the statements made by these people. 

As of 20 May, 6 million doses of Sinovac has arrived in Thailand. So 6 million doses isn't a small amount which can be used for 6 million people's first jab.

For a country with an eligible population for the vaccines being roughly 40,000,000 it ain't much. That's enough for 3 million people.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Sorry, but there are long term side effects of mRNA which I won't go into details. It's not in mainstream media because they don't want you to know. Anyway, each of us do our own research and we do what is best for our own body.

The devil is in the details.

I for one, would be very interested in your details.

• Haha 1

Just now, fabruer said:

The devil is in the details.

I for one, would be very interested in your details.

Making such a claim but providing no hard information is typical tactic of disinformationists. Just a dishonest way of sowing doubt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

@habuspasha

It's based on pure prejudice and western propaganda. Two Chinese vaccines use a traditional technology of inactivated virus and are actually safer.

Watch how a white American took Chinese vaccine

I can give links on people who died of Astrazeneca in Vietnam, Indonesia and European countries but I am not allowed due to certain people here.

However, never force anybody to take what they don't want. It's up to them to choose which vaccine they want for their body. It's their own body.

If you want to travel to western countries, it's better to take western vaccines because it's not approved there, and not because it's not safe to take Sinovac.

So, therefore, vaccine choice, drug-taking and abortion is no one's business except the person involved.

I agree wholeheartedly.

On 5/31/2021 at 7:37 AM, Jeffr2 said:

The Russian jab had a batch that contained a live virus.  It happens.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210428-brazil-says-russian-covid-vaccine-carried-live-cold-virus

From that article:

If batches used in the real world were tainted, then "for most people this probably won't be a big deal because adenoviruses are generally not thought of as really important human pathogens," she said. "But in people who are immune compromised... there could be a higher rate of adverse effects because of it, including potentially serious ones." The bigger problem, she added, was the unfortunate impact on confidence over a vaccine that a study in The Lancet journal showed was safe and more than 90 percent effective.

Gamaleya could have handled things better. And they even admitted "flying blind" during the production of vaccine where they have no idea what's happening and can only check once "cooking" is complete whether batch matches the correct sample, else discard it. That said, Rasmussen's quote above is right in the way that the biggest impact of this is loss of confidence in generally safe and effective vaccine. Far more than J&J, AZ, Sinovac and Sinopharm, actually.

12 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Moderna or Pfizer for me. 

Your wife becomes A Symptomatic with the virus and passes it onto her family and somebody dies and she finds out she caused the death. Can she live with that??

Not all she needs from you is directions on where to get it.

On 5/29/2021 at 5:39 PM, habuspasha said:

My question is: Is this any more than rumor bred on fear and mistrust?  Is there any evidence that Thai recipients of Sinovac have died from it?  Is this a pervasive belief in Thailand anyway?

Yes, I've seen an article with one death recently related the to the Sinovac vaccine, but Sonivac is more safe than AZ (especially for younger women), where there were registered 30 vaccine related deaths in total from 5.5 million vaccinations in continental Europe, i.e. 5 deaths per million people, which is why three European countries stopped using AZ and WHO recommend the vaccine for only elder people (60+ years or 65+ years).

Before third wave Thailand has 1 death per million, but with the increasing number of deaths in Thailand, now 14 per million, vaccination has become safer than Covid-19.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

Rated by whom? The Russian data has been called into question.

Data discrepancies and substandard reporting of interim data of Sputnik V phase 3 trial

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00899-0/fulltext

That said, it does seem to be effective in actual use. Montenegro has certainly benefited from it.

it was tested in the USA and given a 97.5% efficacy after the 2nd jab

Are any of them safe.  It normally takes 10 years of clinical and human trials to release a vaccine in the USA.  All the vaccines were rushed into production and given approval in weeks not years. 

We really are all being test subjects.  The long term effects of taking the virus will eventually become known over time.  As for people dying or having reactions to any of the vaccines, that is normal.  It is only when injection of a medicine or vaccine into a person produces an unusual number of reactions that its safety becomes in question.  

I once knew a man who was so allergic to penicillin that he went into subconsciousness if he was injected.  He found out his "allergy" when a dentist doing dental work injected him with penicillin as a precaution against infection.  When he woke up, the dentist who was sweating profusely explained that he had slumped in the dentist chair and the dentist performed CPR on him. 

You will always have some people who get a negative reaction to a particular medicine or vaccine.  As they say "pick your poison"  Get the vaccine and inhibit getting Covid or don't get the vaccine and get the negative reaction from contracting Covid. 

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

LOL. I can assure you that there are 1 million times more disinformation against Chinese and Russian vaccines in the western media than the other way around. 

Just search all the posts in this forum and western media. I hardly see any disinformation against western vaccines so your claim here is baseless.

China and Russia have weaponised social media such as Facebook and Twitter as bases of disinformation for years, Trump would not have been elected President without Russian help. Their current salvo in cyberwarfare is attempting to discredit Western vaccines, such as the story of ( fill in the number here ) nuns who died after receiving ( fill in the brand here ) a Western vaccine.

Disinformation in the Western media has consequences, e.g. lawsuits for libel. Social media has no such constraints.

7 hours ago, EricTh said:

By the way, there is also one Chinese vaccine based on mRNA. So it's not based on country but technology.

There has never been any evidence of a vaccine (whether mRNA of any other type) causing long term side effects.

The idea itself is fundamentally at odds with the way that vaccines work. A vaccine introduces an antigen into your body (or genetic code that induces the production of the antigen). The body's immune system mounts a response to this, including antibodies and cytotoxic T cells which in combination, destroy the  antigens. So in effect, after a few weeks at most, none of the components of the vaccine itself are left in the body.

Both the antibodies and the T cells (along with the B cells that accompany them) then start to diminish. The antibodies usually wane until they're virtually undetectable and the B & T cells go into a quiescent state, pending a renewed exposure to the antigen that they are designed to combat.

So there's actually nothing left after a while, that could cause side effects. The vaccine's components are destroyed and both the humoral (antibody) and cellular (B & T cell) parts of the immune response effectively disappear or go into hibernation.

What is it that you think is still around to cause these supposed "long term side effects"?

• Like 2