US expats plead for vaccine help in viral Thailand

webfact

22 minutes ago, Ginner said:

What is it about Americans, they usually expect/demand countries to bend over backwards to accommodate them. I am registered for the vaccine in Thailand, I will wait until I'm called forward to receive the jab. I'm not going to demand the Brit Embassy vaccinate me. Have the same problem with Americans teaching in Thailand, only their way is the correct way and demand everyone knows it.

It's okay. I like Americans.. But not the woke kind.

If it wasn't for Americans, I probably wouldn't be vaxxed by now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

All foreigners living in Thailand have been offered vaccination . Americans are no different to anyone else , they can wait their turn with the rest of us . Why is it that Americans raise the ire by seeing themselves as exclusively special , they are spoiled brats , fly home if you don't feel safe in Thailand . 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Toscano said:

All foreigners living in Thailand have been offered vaccination . Americans are no different to anyone else , they can wait their turn with the rest of us . Why is it that Americans raise the ire by seeing themselves as exclusively special , they are spoiled brats , fly home if you don't feel safe in Thailand . 

That's all that one can pretty much do.

Thankfully at the G7 they are talking about the strategy of getting everyone on the planet inoculated by the end of 2022.  Doable, but very ambitious and would take a lot of work.  I"m sorry to say but third world countries would come first, now second world like Thailand.  

There's only one way out of this.  Lockdowns or vaccinations.  If vaccinations are absent then what's the other choice?  

14 minutes ago, Toscano said:

All foreigners living in Thailand have been offered vaccination...

Yes, with potentially unavailable vaccines from unspecified/unknown locations that are being promised to become available at some unknown/unspecified future dates.

Ya, that makes me feel so much better knowing just what's going on....

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Toscano said:

Americans are no different to anyone else , they can wait their turn with the rest of us .

So I presume you'd be saying the same thing to the entire Chinese nationals population in Thailand that is already being vaccinated by the Thai government with Chinese donated vaccines?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ibtg68 said:

I spent my whole career working for local government back in the US and one thing I learned was not to rely on the government to take care of anybody or anything other than itself. 

So perhaps you'd like to explain just who it's been that organized and executed vaccination efforts that thus far in the U.S. have managed to fully vaccinate 40 percent of the entire country's population... as opposed to the less than 2 percent thus far in Thailand.

I too worked in government in the U.S. for many years, and while not perfect by any means, the institutions certainly have the capacity to do good and effective work, depending on what kinds of leadership (on the competence to incompetence scale) are pulling the strings at any given time.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

This is all gibberish.

Embassy staff have already been vaccinated with Pfizer, which the Embassy had delivered from the U.S.

Yes, we understand that the Embassy cannot adminster vaccines. The U.S. could donate vaccines to Thailand, with the provision that a portion are administered by Thai facilities to Americans.

That was the conversation I had with my sister, while she was waiting for vaccination while on posting (which was available at home).  People are pretending that all the government has to do is send it to the Embassy without regards to local sovereignty...  and yes, it could all be resolved by negotiating with authorities...  BTW, she has now finally received the vaccination (required before travelling back and forth from HQ and a new posting). The embassy does not have any facilities to store, and administer the vaccine without without local approval.   The country has a duty to make sure their staff are vaccinated as it is the government that posts them and the job requires (in many cases) contact with locals (otherwise they could just work remotely from their home country). 

Expats that have travel can wait their turn locally... They have chosen to live here, in Thailand's jurisdiction...  I am not against foreign aid/help... so if the US wants to offer help in the way of vaccine supplies to help Thailand catch up to the US in their vaccination program, I am sure Thailand would show their gratitude... but sending supplies over just to vaccinate American citizens while ignoring the wider community... if I were in government, I would not implement such a program.  You can wait.

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, starky said:

So could refusing the free vaccine the Thai government is offering you. Beggars can't be choosers.

Apparently you have me confused with someone else because no one has offered me a vaccine, free or otherwise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gearbox said:

If you are not happy with Thailand and the Thai government you can phone your embassy and request regime change. After all they are experts in election rigging, subversion and regime changes, not in vaccinations. Let them do what they do best ????

as of today 40% of the U.S. population has been vaccinated.  yes i know that there has been nearly 600k deaths in the U.S., but le'ts stay on point here.  their vaccination rollout has been a success.  Thailand by comparison has been an inept failure 

Edited by malibukid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyFoxy said:

It's okay. I like Americans.. But not the woke kind.

If it wasn't for Americans, I probably wouldn't be vaxxed by now.

You mean people with empathy and understanding towards others

The only good thing to come from the trump era is that people like you ALWAYS make yourselves known

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

You mean people with empathy and understanding towards others

The only good thing to come from the trump era is that people like you ALWAYS make yourselves known

Oh dear, looks like shattered white fragility.

And a racist as well.

Apologise for your white privilege boy.

Edited by AndyFoxy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mberbae said:

Most posts have missed the point entirely.

The US Government is NOT vaccinating US

Citizens in Thailand for the Simple reason it

has NOT been given permission to do so by

the Thai Government. My Australian neighbor

was told the Same when she called Her Embassy

in Bangkok last week.

Only the CHINESE have been allowed to vaccinate

its citizens here.

ha, shows you where Thailand's priorities lie. oiseaux d'une plume

Edited by malibukid

4 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

Oh dear, looks like shattered white fragility.

And a racist as well.

Apologise for your white privilege boy.

These are actually words you typed and submitted

And what's amazing is, you have no idea how you look to others. In fact, you think you crushed it