Foreigners in Thailand urged to register for COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

I just tried my Intervac account.  Yesterday I was given the booking date of 1 Jan 1970.  I registered in the morning yesterday.  Today I checked the account and under 'Vaccine Booking Information', I get the message:  'Date Information not completed.  Please reload again.'   I have no idea what they mean by reloading.  Yesterday I was given the message when I registered that I would receive an email--that has not happened.  

36 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Nothing the public sector does inspires confidence, compared to how the private (commercial) sector does things, not just here in Thailand but anywhere in the world.  If you want something done right, be prepared to pay for it cuz there is no such thing as a free lunch.  My bet is on the private hospitals where "money talks and nobody walks".

Please don't drag this into a political ideology debate. 

12 minutes ago, newnative said:

I just tried my Intervac account.  Yesterday I was given the booking date of 1 Jan 1970.  I registered in the morning yesterday.  Today I checked the account and under 'Vaccine Booking Information', I get the message:  'Date Information not completed.  Please reload again.'   I have no idea what they mean by reloading.  Yesterday I was given the message when I registered that I would receive an email--that has not happened.  

They don't say when. Could be months from now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Please don't drag this into a political ideology debate. 

This is not a political debate; it's simply saying that private hospitals are better equipped to manage a rollout than the government becuase private sector has always been better at getting products to the marketplace than the public sector.  And that has to do with economics, not politics.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

This is not a political debate; it's simply saying that private hospitals are better equipped to manage a rollout than the government becuase private sector has always been better at getting products to the marketplace than the public sector.  And that has to do with economics, not politics.

You're revising what you said in your post which actually and definitely was political. 

You said:

Nothing the public sector does inspires confidence, compared to how the private (commercial) sector does things, not just here in Thailand but anywhere in the world.

That was a political assertion expanded globally that I can assure you that not everyone agrees with.

Edited by Jingthing

3 hours ago, fcbkk said:

Thank you and congrats, hope all goes well! Were you offered a choice re AZ?

Then i'll try tomorrow i guess, likewise i have not been there before, hope the experience is similarly positive. 

Yeah they told me they don't want sinovac so they offer only AZ anyway. 

I used my 13 digit number from tax card BTW and can see the appointment in the mor prom app that Thais also use.

3 hours ago, fcbkk said:

Thank you and congrats, hope all goes well! Were you offered a choice re AZ?

Then i'll try tomorrow i guess, likewise i have not been there before, hope the experience is similarly positive. 

Yeah they told me they don't want sinovac so they offer only AZ anyway. 

I used my 13 digit number from tax card BTW and can see the appointment in the mor prom app that Thais also use.

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2021 at 10:58 AM, MRToMRT said:

"Foreigners are urged to contact their local government hospital to register."

Thats a bit different from "the hospital that keeps your medical records".  This is all so confusing living in Bangkok. 

Any hospital I ask says we don't know. Even Vimut which they told us to go to (a private hospital btw) is not registering people anymore.

Hope they release more information, and its achievable for Bangkok retirees, in the coming days.

Indeed. My hospital BPH has my records but no knowledge of anything related to vaccine so what should I do?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

That is a political  statement. Anyway health is not a product.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

That is a political  statement. Anyway health is not a product.

In fact, vaccines are a product, and private hospitals are a commercial enterprise.   

You may wish to think of them in loftier terms, but in reality, private hospitals are profit making businesses, and vaccines are made by profit making pharmaceutical companies.  Nothing wrong or immoral of that, that's just the way it is.

My post was about private hospitals (as a profit motivated enterprise) are better positioned to deliver to the end user than the government. 

There is NOTHING political about that; it's just a proven economic reality. 

No need for you and the other poster to get so bent out of shape about this, especially since this is VERY on-topic since it has to do with whether public or private is the best course of action for vaccination.

I have neither the time or patience to play nit-picking games, so let's just stop with all of this nonsense!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

I just tried to register on the ThailandIntervac site. Four required fields were non-functioning, Nationality, Province, District and Sub-district. Each one when I clicked to access the list of choices failed to respond. When I checked out and tried again I was refused access with a message saying my email address was already used! 

Anything else I can do?

• Like 2

ISSUE WITH INTERVAC REGISTRATION:  Is anybody else having issues with your Intervac registration.  I just logged into my account, and received a message that my application is incomplete.  When I went to update it, a lot of data that I had entered was missing.  WHen I tried to enter it again, the drop down menus did not work, so I am unable to update it.

Anyone else experiencing this latest GLITCH?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

ISSUE WITH INTERVAC REGISTRATION:  Is anybody else having issues with your Intervac registration.  I just logged into my account, and received a message that my application is incomplete.  When I went to update it, a lot of data that I had entered was missing.  WHen I tried to enter it again, the drop down menus did not work, so I am unable to update it.

Anyone else experiencing this latest GLITCH?

Yes.  Same thing happening.

1 minute ago, ScotlandtheBrave said:

I just tried to register on the ThailandIntervac site. Four required fields were non-functioning, Nationality, Province, District and Sub-district. Each one when I clicked to access the list of choices failed to respond. When I checked out and tried again I was refused access with a message saying my email address was already used! 

Anything else I can do?

Same here!  I registered on Monday and very carefully filled in all fields.  Now when I log in, I get a message saying my application is incomplete, and when I try to re-enter it, the field drop down menus do not work!

I guess it should be no surprise how screwed up this site is proving to be...just one screw up after another !@#$%

Nothing you can do I guess, except wait for them to fix it...so DAMN frustrating!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ScotlandtheBrave said:

...When I checked out and tried again I was refused access with a message saying my email address was already used! ...

I think you may have just accidentally clicked the blue link bar instead of the green one below it...but with this website, I guess anything is possible ????

ISSUE WITH INTERVAC REGISTRATION:

BTW, I have tried with Chrome, Safari, and Firefox, and with all browsing caches cleared.  All a big NO-GO!

Also, the email address has been stripped from the bottom of the page, so I guess they expect us to contact them by mental telepathy.

877462650_snapshot_2021-06-09at1_24_00PM.jpg.d5b5bbdc45b6707ca90621cf07e972f1.jpg

I had the email address in my notes though, so I've sent them an email about the latest glitch.  I'm SURE I will receive a reply from them any minute now LOL!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Winegeeker said:

I got to page to schedule but says no Astra vaccine avail and I don't want Chinese oneB8B91F0E-639C-4593-BF09-5FADF8AD2812.thumb.png.48db4174b613b9c91d79ceb7bbe727e8.png

68E851EF-544D-4CF8-AFC0-796D8669854D.png

Why not? Only 2 weeks between shots and you're fully vaxxed. Then you can go and pay for another one later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

ISSUE WITH INTERVAC REGISTRATION:

BTW, I have tried with Chrome, Safari, and Firefox, and with all browsing caches cleared.  All a big NO-GO!

Also, the email address has been stripped from the bottom of the page, so I guess they expect us to contact them by mental telepathy.

877462650_snapshot_2021-06-09at1_24_00PM.jpg.d5b5bbdc45b6707ca90621cf07e972f1.jpg

I had the email address in my notes though, so I've sent them an email about the latest glitch.  I'm SURE I will receive a reply from them any minute now LOL!!!

I've tried those browsers, plus Microsoft Edge and IE tab. Nothing works. I too sent an email yesterday about inability to fully register, but unsurprisingly, have received no reply. I'll send them another one.

9 minutes ago, samtam said:

I've tried those browsers, plus Microsoft Edge and IE tab. Nothing works. I too sent an email yesterday about inability to fully register, but unsurprisingly, have received no reply. I'll send them another one.

Tried same including dumping browser caches.  It's not us, it's them. 

They simply screwed up the drop-down menus since all other fields change from red to green when you manually input data. 

A VERY simple error to have detected BEFORE they opened the site today, and a very easy one to fix during the day, which of course, they did not.  With 21 hours to go before they open the site tomorrow, perhaps they will fix it...perhaps ????

As far as emailing them...forget it.  I've done it three times to inform them of problems and have not received any replies.  They have also removed their email address from the page so I suppose any emails they receive are automatically directed to a junk folder.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Sad 1

Hi, All.  At around 3pm today I was able to book an appointment for 24 June at 3pm at Phyathai2 Hospital for Sinovav vaccine.  Nothing seemed to be available at the other 2 hospitals.  There were no Pattaya hospitals to choose.  This time on my account there was a 'Change Booking' tab in red and it brought up the calendar screen.  Only 3 dates were available:  June 23, 24, 25.  No AZ vaccine was available.  No vaccine was available for June 23 so I don't know why that date was still 'available'.  I tried June 24 at 2pm and no go.  I then tried June 24 at 3pm and it worked.  

Before booking June 24 I went forward on the calendar to July and August but there were no available dates to choose.  I still was not able to print my appointment using the download tabs--I clicked on the tab and  then download but if there is actually a document it doesn't open.  Might be a problem on my end but the 'screening and consent' form does open.   Good luck to all.  

8 minutes ago, newnative said:

Hi, All.  At around 3pm today I was able to book an appointment for 24 June at 3pm at Phyathai2 Hospital for Sinovav vaccine.  Nothing seemed to be available at the other 2 hospitals.  There were no Pattaya hospitals to choose.  This time on my account there was a 'Change Booking' tab in red and it brought up the calendar screen.  Only 3 dates were available:  June 23, 24, 25.  No AZ vaccine was available.  No vaccine was available for June 23 so I don't know why that date was still 'available'.  I tried June 24 at 2pm and no go.  I then tried June 24 at 3pm and it worked.  

Before booking June 24 I went forward on the calendar to July and August but there were no available dates to choose.  I still was not able to print my appointment using the download tabs--I clicked on the tab and  then download but if there is actually a document it doesn't open.  Might be a problem on my end but the 'screening and consent' form does open.   Good luck to all.  

I would not trust anything coming from the InterVac site at this point.  The site has SERIOUS coding issues right now.  You should probably wait until tomorrow and give them a change to fix the NUMEROUS coding issues.

Any competent coder could EASILY fix all these bugs and glitches that everyone is experiencing, especially since they seem to only open the site 3 hours a day (which in itself seems very unprofessional)!   One can only hope they will. ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

I would not trust anything coming from the InterVac site at this point.  The site has SERIOUS coding issues right now.  You should probably wait until tomorrow and give them a change to fix the NUMEROUS coding issues.

Any competent coder could EASILY fix all these bugs and glitches that everyone is experiencing, especially since they seem to only open the site 3 hours a day!   One can only hope they will. ????

Thanks.  I'll check tomorrow and see if it still has my appointment.  

The Intervac site is still open tonight and it appears they are fixing the glitches.  A couple of the drop down menus are now working properly (Nationality and Province).  Once they fix the other two (District and sub district) it should be good to go.  Keep an eye on it ????

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 10:47 AM, jomtienisgood said:

Don't worry too much. If you manage to go back that far in time, nobody even heard of Covid.....19. ????????????

I'm just building a "Tardis" so I can go back and get my jab !

• Like 1