Making a Will in Thailand

Hi Guys,

I am looking at making a Will for my wife in Thailand. Basically I want to make sure that the properties and land in her name go to our children (both Thai/UK citizens) without any issues. 

It would be appreciated if anyone could let me know which lawyers/companies they used, costs and any general advice to follow when setting one up. I know this can be done at the Land Office, but realise that the wording, setup, etc has to be done very carefully, hence why I would feel more comfortable with paying for a lawyer to avoid any errors. 

Any advice would be really appreciated. 

Cheers JS

• Like 1

Take the international law office  in Phuket. The Austrian senior partner  Sam Fauma is well installed here for more than 25 years and absolutely trust worthy.  You can clarify by phone. The can make the doc and you do not need to go there. 

be careful with local lawyers.

1 hour ago, male expat said:

Take the international law office  in Phuket. The Austrian senior partner  Sam Fauma is well installed here for more than 25 years and absolutely trust worthy.  You can clarify by phone. The can make the doc and you do not need to go there. 

be careful with local lawyers.

Thanks much appreciated. I will contact them and go from there.

Thanks again.

This is what I have learnt  with respect to the process of organising  a will Thailand.

1) Multiple originals can be organised. Very useful if the only original gets lost.

2)The beneficiary and the administrator can be the same person in Thailand. This is not allowed in the UK-for example.

3) If the beneficiary is also the administrator then easy.

If different -the the choice of an administrator 1s crucial.

The administrator has only one customer i.e. the deceased.

My Thai assets are bequeathed to my wife -who is also the administrator. If I had a complicated will (multiple beneficiaries) then finding a suitable administrator could potentially be a nightmare-who can you trust?

Note I only state potentially!

You have not specified where your properties are located

Edited by Delight
spelling
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2021 at 10:53 AM, Delight said:

2)The beneficiary and the administrator can be the same person in Thailand. This is not allowed in the UK-for example.

If by administrator you mean executor then your statement is incorrect. The beneficiary and executor can be one and the same in the UK as well as here. 

You may be thinking of witnesses - they cannot be beneficiary's.

• Like 1