Pattaya: All frontline workers and at risk staff to get their second dose of vaccine this month

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

Manager reported that the second dose of vaccine for frontline health workers and people in risky occupations was continuing in Pattaya.

On May 20th/21st last month a special batch of 20,000 doses from the government was administered at five venues including hospitals and a sports center. 

Most of the second doses were being done on Thursday and Friday at four venues.

The remainder would take place at Muang Pattaya Hospital on the 10th and 11th of June. 

4pm1.jpg

Deputy Mayor Manote Nongyai said that the hospital was 100% ready.

The delay was not explained by Manager though they quoted the deputy mayor as saying that AstraZeneca jabs would be available at the hospital for over 60s and those with underlying health conditions in the next phase. 

The Bang Lamung authorities are aiming to vaccinate 70% of their residents ahead of opening Pattaya to foreign tourists without quarantine from October 1st. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-05

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The delay was not explained by Manager though they quoted the deputy mayor as saying that AstraZeneca jabs would be available at the hospital for over 60s and those with underlying health conditions in the next phase. 

So what's the total inoculation figures for Pattaya at the moment?

I mean everyone not just certain groups.

My thinking is it's still in very minimal numbers with thousands still waiting for their first jab.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So what's the total inoculation figures for Pattaya at the moment?

I mean everyone not just certain groups.

My thinking is it's still in very minimal numbers with thousands still waiting for their first jab.

From what I can work out at the moment only 20,000 doses have reached Pattaya for the general population, it's a right headache trying to work out what particular groups, teachers, civil servants, etc have been done, I've given up trying to figure it out, I saw one post where the poster had been to Pattaya Memorial hospital, he said about 2k local civil servants were there for a jab, Sinovac I think was quoted.

• Like 1

I think it's fair to assume  based on previous news releases that the phase referred to above does NOT include high risk expat residents here.

Assuming that assumption is true, how does that make high risk expats feel to be excluded based on their nationality in this way?

Edited by Jingthing

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Assuming that assumption is true, how does that make high risk expats feel to be excluded based on their nationality in this way?

I expect many have lived here long enough to know this is how Thailand is. 

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think it's fair to assume  based on previous news releases that the phase referred to above does NOT include high risk expat residents here.

It makes me feel good as I don't want a jab if it can be avoided.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 6:53 AM, Jeffr2 said:

If you want a return to normalcy, it can't be avoided.  This virus will be with us forever.

There will never be a return to our previous normalcy. The new normal is not looking good, when the whole world freaks out over viruses that have always been with us and always will be with us, forever. No one dies from the flu no more - they can only die from covid 19. If you don't die from covid-19, you might live forever. The first panic over the covid-19 virus in Australia was caused by mainly 80 - 90 years old dying. People who are 80 - 90 should not die. It's a bit like a stampede. The original cause for the stampede is not as deadly as the stampede itself.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Sad 1