TAT proposes attracting a MILLION foreigners - work with no work permit, right to buy land - TEN Year stay

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Those with skillsets

Would this count?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDNj_iCOVOdSb3Gseg_ip

Sick of reading TAT's unrealistic proposals which never materialize. These people are hopelessly out of touch with the outside world.

5 hours ago, rhomber said:

I came to Thailand on the STV with the hopes to get the Smart Visa when they made the changes to that to enable foreign employment. But now I am here and they scrapped the Smart Visa changes and they have also scrapped the STV, so I am not even sure I will be able to stay the full 9 months. I earn almost $200k, presumably I am exactly the kind of person they want to attract and keep. However, reading the above, it says things like "They must have qualifications of at least a bachelor's degree" - I have no university experience, however I do have over 20 years of actual experience and the title of "VP of Engineering" to match. They also say "They would be nomads in stock trading at companies making at least 50 million dollars per year" - What the heck? You only want people who work in trading companies? I work in an IT company, and how does it even matter how much the company I work for makes if I earn enough?

Meanwhile, I can easily move to Ecuador and actually buy land and live there permanently and feel like it's my home as long as I make $800/mo (Rentista visa). I want to feel like this my home Thailand, I do not feel welcome here and I am worried I will need to leave soon as the STV isn't eligible for COVID extensions. I am 38 so I am not eligible for the retirement visa for another 12 years. I am not going to set 600k baht on fire getting an elite visa either, I think the fact I live here and spend 30000k baht a month on rent, hire a cleaner for 3600 baht a month and pay for groceries and e.t.c. should be enough.

Sorry...that's not enough. Maybe if you gave blood????

• Haha 2

When you start reading the details the whole thing becomes laughable. Retirees with quarter a million dollars.....most of us don’t have that kind of money. They must sit around at TAT and whomever comes up with the craziest idea gets a week at a resort for free. They need to sit down with farang and listen to some real solid suggestions to make this a real destination and not a fly by night joke. Do they ever send anybody to other countries to study solutions to their  tourist issues? Do they ever think beyond their wallets? Have they taken Covid 19 into their calculations? I doubt it, the reality is it’s going to be around for probably six more years and they need to get on the vaccine band wagon.....and soon before it’s to late.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile my wife just sent me a ling from Novotel. You can have one of their tasty meals delivered to your door for 65 baht. Pretty incredible. 

https://nbpp.atdmcthailand.com/?utm_source=social paid&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=7272-fooddelivery-en-0106&fbclid=IwAR2NDMqEcywEFV8pzhnvKPptsdttZcXGlGzW5kVGv67UbaVW-cWdbEJAOoQ

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rhomber said:

I came to Thailand on the STV with the hopes to get the Smart Visa when they made the changes to that to enable foreign employment. But now I am here and they scrapped the Smart Visa changes and they have also scrapped the STV, so I am not even sure I will be able to stay the full 9 months. I earn almost $200k, presumably I am exactly the kind of person they want to attract and keep. However, reading the above, it says things like "They must have qualifications of at least a bachelor's degree" - I have no university experience, however I do have over 20 years of actual experience and the title of "VP of Engineering" to match. They also say "They would be nomads in stock trading at companies making at least 50 million dollars per year" - What the heck? You only want people who work in trading companies? I work in an IT company, and how does it even matter how much the company I work for makes if I earn enough?

Meanwhile, I can easily move to Ecuador and actually buy land and live there permanently and feel like it's my home as long as I make $800/mo (Rentista visa). I want to feel like this my home Thailand, I do not feel welcome here and I am worried I will need to leave soon as the STV isn't eligible for COVID extensions. I am 38 so I am not eligible for the retirement visa for another 12 years. I am not going to set 600k baht on fire getting an elite visa either, I think the fact I live here and spend 30000k baht a month on rent, hire a cleaner for 3600 baht a month and pay for groceries and e.t.c. should be enough.

How can you be an (Executive) VP without a degree?! That doesn't even sound possible especially how young you are. I have three friends that are engineers and they've absolutely scrapped for their careers throughout their lives.

I'm sure we're not talking electrical, civil, mechanical, computer, software, materials...

Maybe sanitation.

Edited by kynikoi
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Always fun to read new TAT fantasies. 

Yes, well guys about this idea , lets start with a number, take a guess or ask a mor doo (fortune teller) , 1 million sound OK great now lets set the carrots, dont worry about the details, eg. what happens to land ownership after 10 years. Medical insurance, does it have to be with a Thai company? etc etc 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, tomyami said:

many millionaires left in plane loads in the last 2 months because they couldnt get vacs 

And as soon as I feel it's safe to travel, I'm on my bike too. I ain't wasting any more of my hard-eared money here

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, piston broke said:

how excited i was when i read the headline......

Then i scrolled down the criteria / eligibility....

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No

Then i was at the end....

oh well - snide retirement visa for me yet again this year .......

I'm very fortunate to potentially qualify on any one of those counts, but after this vaccine debacle, unless everyone is treated equally for health emergencies, rather than excluded, then I suspect that there's a lot of potential people who this is a complete non-starter for, even if it actually comes to fruition.

28 minutes ago, BestB said:

Having a small biz and setting up a company is not a problem amd no risks at alll.

51% Thai ownership is not a risk?

FBL does have it's limitations and complexities.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, connda said:

I've also noticed a bunch of accounts with under 100 posts that drop one-liners that may or may not even make sense.  Those look more like bots. 
Interesting in a strange sort of way.

They tend to use similar language too they it's either the same twisted person making lots of accounts or a small team of people / bots being given a similar script to direct a particular narrative on topics.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, at least they are thinking with more creativity, and showing us something. Anything comes as quite a surprise, as the lack of talent within the TAT is astonishing. Sometimes, it would appear that the tourism authorities in Burundi, Bangladesh, Haiti, and Afghanistan have more talent and creative juice.

It is a start. Hopefully they can get retrograde minds like Prayuth and Phiphat to buy into it. Their minds tend to run backwards, nor forward into a bright future for the nation. 

Having said that, I was thinking from the beginning of Covid, and the shutdown, that with the huge losses, the mind numbing collapse of the tourism industry, and the lack of revenue, that there was at least a remote chance some humility might be developed amongst these guys.

The most important thing for these guys to wrap their heads around, is the fact that Thailand needs the outside world 20X more than the world needs Thailand. 

Your very right and with the sad demographic picture of Thailand it looks like depopulation will occur soon.  The Junta is run by nationalistic backwards looking dinosaurs.  Right now Thailand could be attracting the best and brightest from Asia to work here.  The collapse of Myanmar was a golden opportunity for Thailand to open its doors to culturally similar hard working educated youth.  Instead we have barriers placed up.  For decades Thailand could have attracted educated westerners and Asians to help grow its economy.  The nationalistic Junta is just too xenophobic and controlling to allow such.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BestB said:

Having a small biz and setting up a company is not a problem amd no risks at alll. Unemployment normally is below 2% , can not get staff. It’s all about protecting thai owned businesses that are 100 years behind.

do not for 1 min think having a company means success , until you meet and work with thai workforce., it is out of this world and if you thought TAT statements were silly , wait to work with thai, then you will really be in for a shock 

What are talking about? Thai workforce are equipped with giant calculators for typing on when you need to know the price of what they want you to buy. It's that clever.