Thailand begins massive vaccination drive despite shortages, concerns

webfact

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

I had my first free AstraZeneca jab at the local government hospital. 

Saw your post, 112 days out.

So 16 weeks, That seems like the default for AZ now (here).

Edited by mtls2005

2 hours ago, Gilltom said:

Which jab though .1 of your choice or the chinese 1 (not)

Its been widely publicised the Vaccines as o today are the locally produced AZ vaccine.. 

I went this morning. Google Maps shows the building in the wrong place. The actual location is here:
https://goo.gl/maps/AuEtKPbimxp5aBMg9

Google Maps incorrectly shows the location as being a couple of buildings down, here:
https://goo.gl/maps/4ANNU2ANcmU1h6uY9

More importantly, unless you've got Thai citizenship or permanent residency, there's absolutely no point in going. They'll just tell you to register online.

Also, you can't register unless your over 60 or have diabetes, etc. 

There were a fair amount of people there, with a handful of foreigners.

By the time you would need to go to the center, the proper location will probably be listed on Google Maps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

They will allow you to queue for 5 hours first before postponing til October. 

Happy to report, It took 20 minutes from arrival to jab. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Saw your post, 112 days out.

So 16 weeks, That seems like the default for AZ now (here).

Yes. I don't have to register for the second shot. They gave me a booklet which has the date and I just have to turn up on the day at 9:00 am

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its been widely publicised the Vaccines as o today are the locally produced AZ vaccine.. 

Yes, that seems like today's plan.

2. Everyone who registered onto Mor Prom with priorities (elderly and underlying vulnerabilities) will be given AstraZeneca. Hospitals submit patient roster via MORPHIC. The database will be linked into one system when you go for your first jab.

@phacharaphornp

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Congratulations to you sir !!

I guess we can count ourselves lucky the vaccination is not injected in the nether regions !!

hope you don't any bad side affects good luck 

2 hours ago, AJR3RD said:

Sitting in SAMUI IMMIGRATION with dozens of others who were told to register for vaccine at official website, then informed their registration was REJECTED and to report to Immigration.

NATURALLY IMMIGRATION HAS NO CLUE WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.

Try 7/11 or the local bus depot ????

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, shackleton said:

This vaccine saga has a long way to go 

Reading some of the comments brings a smile to my face ???? 

Someone is already penning a mini series...   the Rock racing against the clock somewhere, a quasi military type, Steve Seagal?, hindering everyone's efforts (they'll be careful not to make him Asian but will somehow infer a connection.), a hottie investigatory journalist looking for the truth always a second away from getting offed. ( a lot of camera shots through crosshairs.)  One of the three Chris's.. doing something, a team of researchers who all die in an explosion 5 minutes in.  etc etc

Production quality will be potato level.  It will make 350 millions dollars and prompt a sequel - Covid: Lockdown 2

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Very doubtful, the first 1.8M locally produced AZ vaccines were only delivered Friday.

The current batches more than likely came from the South Korean factories.

50 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Happy to report just back from a 10 am mor prom appointment, all dosed up with AZ vaccine. A really professional operation, original booking made on line app with pink ID, 

From arrival in the carpark to getting the jab took 20 mins, pink card etc processed just the same as Thais.

Good job.

I will be going on Wednesday at 12.30 at my university. I think we are only about 15 people, so it shouldn't take long.

So, they are using AZ. I hope that's what we are given as some of us are in the over 60s group.

• Like 1