Thailand begins massive vaccination drive despite shortages, concerns

webfact

8 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I had my first free AstraZeneca jab at the local government hospital. 

Vaccine 3.jpg

Congratulations to you sir !!

I guess we can count ourselves lucky the vaccination is not injected in the nether regions !!

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Please tell me you took off your shirt without being prompted and before the nurses could stop you sir.   ????

The nurses told me to take it off so they could have their photos taken with me.

The truth is I couldn't roll my shirt sleeve up high enough for the shot and they asked me to take off my shirt so they could jab me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Yes, one jab today and another jab same time next year.

There are vendors in my street that have had the jab and think themselves immune now, masks optional.

They must not be telling them anything... or they didn't listen.

• Haha 1

Obviously, this is not a surprise to anyone who lives in Thailand, or follows this newsletter - the government's ineptness when it comes to vaccine distribution is pathetic - if not criminal - In an effort to 'protect' SP they have delayed the sourcing of other vaccines and lied about the real situation - Thailand's tourism and industry recovery will only come when they get everyone vaccinated - prioritizing tourist 'hot spots' will not help - and, it will not happen by only relying on SP and the limited importation of Sinvac - once again the people suffer while the government obfuscates.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WineOh said:

it's bound to end in disaster.

Farangs will be lucky if we get our vaccines before 2025!

It seems they are starting to vaccinate foreigners already. I know of a few that have had theirs. (I know a couple that have had J&J through their embassy)

I received an email last night asking me to go to the office on Wednesday for a vaccination. That came completely out of the blue. No idea what vaccine they will offer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

The nurses told me to take it off so they could have their photos taken with me.

The truth is I couldn't roll my shirt sleeve up high enough for the shot and they asked me to take off my shirt so they could jab me.

Lucky you. Was this in Bangkok?

Do all people have their photo's taken? I can imagine the hospitals need evidence.

Edited by petedk

53 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

No mee too

It concerns me a little but the concern is almost  non-existent.  I do things everyday that are more risky IMO.   Some are scared to get on an Airplane but would drive their car across the country with little concern. 

It doesn't make you stupid or a coward and if the population turns into flesh eating zombies in 3 months, I'll admit I was wrong while chewing on your arm.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Credit for what? Gov talks in generics...mass vaccinations, million register etc...all that matters is shots in arms....how many shots administered each day is the only meaningful objective? Do they reach it?

target date of June 7th comes regardless...I love it you give them credit for reaching their target date of June 7th....yes, they were banking on the sun rising each day

Well how about Thailand 1,200 covid dead compared to:

UK 128,000 dead
US 611,000 dead

...for starters???

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WineOh said:

it's bound to end in disaster.

Farangs will be lucky if we get our vaccines before 2025!

Which in fact is perfectly fine by me.  ????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bipper said:

UK 128,000 dead
US 611,000 dead

...for starters???

Well, In India the numbers are 20x underreported hence Thailand's death rate multiplied by my best guess of 100 almost equals the great ole USA.  If you have any doubts, look at Peru's admission.  Peru is located on a very near continent and the skin pigment of the population is similar.  

It is obvious that Thailand is suffering horrendously and people don't go to all the empty hospitals because they die before getting there.

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, bipper said:

UK 128,000 dead
US 611,000 dead

...for starters???

Which has little to do with shots - masks, isolation and Thai wai appear to be much more important for the lower cases and deaths here.  But to survive Thailand as well as the world needs to get back to business - and that will require shots.

• Like 1

I believe here's why some BMs are getting the 1st Jan 1970 date (hope that's as clear as the whole registration process)  :

why its always 1st jan 1970 , Because - '1st January 1970' usually called as "epoch date" is the date when the time started for Unix computers, and that timestamp is marked as '0'. Any time since that date is calculated based on the number of seconds elapsed. In simpler words... the timestamp of any date will be difference in seconds between that date and '1st January 1970' The time stamp is just a integer which started from number '0' on 'Midnight 1st January 1970' and goes on incrementing by '1' as each second pass For conversion of UNIX timestamps to readable dates PHP and other open source languages provides built in functions.

• Like 1