Almost 150,000 people inoculated this morning as Thailand’s national vaccination drive begins

snoop1130

วัคซีนวันนี้-_WEB.png

143,116 people were inoculated against COVID-19 at 986 vaccination sites across the country this morning (Monday), according to Director-General of the Disease Control Department Dr. Opart Karnkawinpong, as the country kicks off mass inoculations nationwide.

Among those being inoculated today are 73,273 people aged 60 and over, 21,924 with chronic respiratory disease, heart and blood vessel disease, chronic kidney disease, cerebrovascular disease or stroke, cancer, obesity or diabetes and 12,081 are health volunteers and officials.

He also said that the overall vaccination process went well, while some people had experienced booking issues through the Mor Prom app, with some of their names being missed out. Officials have been helping those affected to download the app to verify the information.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/almost-150000-people-inoculated-this-morning-as-thailands-national-vaccination-drive-begins/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-06-07

58 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

According to TAT Newsroom they only managed to give 27,000 jabs yesterday. I guess they are not working so much on a Sunday. Unfortunately CV19 doesn't have days off.. https://www.tatnews.org/2021/06/thailand-covid-19-situation-as-of-7-june-2021-12-30-hrs-2/

I can't tell from the OP if the 140,000+ number is just the morning only, or something more.

If it's 140,000+ for the whole day, that's just somewhat higher than what they have been running almost every weekday in recent weeks... Weekend figures always drop off CONSIDERABLY as per your comment above.

When I was monitoring the daily developments with vaccinations lately, they were often (but not always) topping 100,000 per day on weekdays...

That's what I love about Thai news reporting... information of a sort, but generally totally lacking in any meaningful context.  Add the first dose and second dose totals below in each graphic below, and you'll get their total new doses given for those days in recent weeks.

Screenshot_5.jpg.f67572eec10c5e3b5208e9a927937ce1.jpg    Screenshot_10.jpg.29d481e834da5fdfe19620c25451d2f8.jpg

Screenshot_11.jpg.54aa103311b42ebf367712112910ca3e.jpg     Screenshot_12.jpg.90a5c9a08400023157cd56e68fd3ac45.jpg

Screenshot_13.jpg.0b73cec8082ec44eff397d38a967d0c2.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/OICDDC

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

3 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

According to TAT Newsroom they only managed to give 27,000 jabs yesterday. I guess they are not working so much on a Sunday. Unfortunately CV19 doesn't have days off.. https://www.tatnews.org/2021/06/thailand-covid-19-situation-as-of-7-june-2021-12-30-hrs-2/

image.png.302aed16d448c752f9e410178ef002cf.png

Nah, they were holding back so that they could have a bigger number on the official mass vaccination date

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

Great start and set to be 500k to a million a day within a week or two. Must be horrific reading for TV's army of keyboard warriors and Thai bashers. I predict they will now take their fury out on Koh Tao or why digital nomads are being favored over poor retirees! 

They will just pivot to something else that fits their narrative that Thais can't do anything right.  I guess it helps them feel better about their own miserable lives.

Remember all those predictions the new Sukhumvit tunnel in Pattaya would flood on the first rainy season?  I do.

Edited by shdmn

6 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Almost 150,000 people inoculated this morning as Thailand’s national vaccination drive begins

A bit worrying that they don't know the difference between vaccination and inoculation.

No one was inoculated this morning.

I thought vulnerable people should not get the vaccine? How come people with respiratory diseases and cancer were getting the jab? 

People keep telling me I am selfish it I don't get the jab as I could pass the virus into these vulnerable people.....? 

36 minutes ago, Poet said:

A bit worrying that they don't know the difference between vaccination and inoculation.

No one was inoculated this morning.

Or maybe it was a translation issue but don't let that get in the way of your Thai bashing.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Or maybe it was a translation issue but don't let that get in the way of your Thai bashing.

What makes you think the article was written by a Thai?

But don't let that get in the way of your virtue signalling ????

Edited by Poet
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

Great start and set to be 500k to a million a day within a week or two. Must be horrific reading for TV's army of keyboard warriors and Thai bashers. I predict they will now take their fury out on Koh Tao or why digital nomads are being favored over poor retirees! 

I hope that they get to to 500,000 a day or more - I am sceptical.

As for Koh Tao, or peoples' views on digital nomads, do make sure that those particular bags of chips are not on your shoulder when you present yourself for vaccination - they may get in the way of the needle...

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

143,116 people were inoculated against COVID-19 at 986 vaccination sites across the country this morning (Monday), according to Director-General of the Disease Control Department Dr. Opart Karnkawinpong, as the country kicks off mass inoculations nationwide

In a storey above it says 306,000 were vaccinated across Thailand. ???

15 hours ago, shdmn said:

They will just pivot to something else that fits their narrative that Thais can't do anything right.  I guess it helps them feel better about their own miserable lives.

Remember all those predictions the new Sukhumvit tunnel in Pattaya would flood on the first rainy season?  I do.

Indeed it would be fun to make a list of all the times they are wrong. Stretch from their Pattaya barstool to Bangkok and back.