I just had the AZ vaccine as a late afternoon walk-in (no appointment). Lucky I had the pink card.

davidst01

you were very lucky that they got you without registration and lucky they did not ask for medical records (even medicines with your name on them or prescription not older then 1 year will do, according to their rules).

Probably you were the only foreigner vaccinated there today, possibly since monday. So they wanted to be kind.

Interesting if they took your pix (as they did on phuket) and posted them on social media, as a proof that foreigners are already served 

Edited by internationalism

How are you feeling now......hello still OK ????

I am booked in next month for my AstraZeneca shot ,I am a

bit worried , as with my luck i could turn out as one of the small

percentage that gets the blood clot.

regards worgeordie

30 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

You face far greater risks getting to and from the vaccination centre !!!

Note - aches, feverish and a general cr@ppy feeling are very normal...  the surprise for me was the ’36 hrs ache’ at the injection site - never had that before with an inoculation, maybe I inadvertently tensed up. 

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Don't be worried. I got AZN, had a little light after effects (the vaccine working) but other than that feel fine. Second jab early July. Bear in mind your chances of a blood clot are much higher if you catch Covid 19. But more chance of getting struck by lightning in either case. 

• Thanks 1

@davidst01 great that you got your jab.

Meanwhile I sit in a red area, nothing available at the local hospitals ????

Both myself and Madam are in the vulnerable group, both over 60 and a recovering cancer sufferer, we are registered (a task in itself) but the hospitals just can't get the jabs.

We will just continue to sit tight and minimise outside contact.

7 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Bear in mind your chances of a blood clot are much higher if you catch Covid 19

is this true? are you saying catch it whilst waiting for the 2nd jab? or anytime from now on. Or are you taking the <deleted>?

40 minutes ago, Crossy said:

@davidst01 great that you got your jab.

Meanwhile I sit in a red area, nothing available at the local hospitals ????

Both myself and Madam are in the vulnerable group, both over 60 and a recovering cancer sufferer, we are registered (a task in itself) but the hospitals just can't get the jabs.

We will just continue to sit tight and minimise outside contact.

why sit tight and do nothing but wait. take your evidence of cancer etc and all docs at 3pm. their queue system is flawed bc people dont turn up.....

10 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Hope to hear from you tomorrow morning....

I had a shocker of a nights sleep. When I went to bed I could not sleep all night more or less. I experienced sinus issues (blocked nose) and weird pains over my body. I sometimes had small head aches on the front of my head. Last night I thought the feeling was the same as being at high altitude eg the in Andes in South America. This morning  feel completely drained of energy and minor head ache

Last night I also had the chills and then later really hot. 

I suppose its all a sign that my body is working???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had my AZ jab yesterday,all they wanted was my pink card,no doctors notes ,and to know any health issues,heart problems,its now been 24 hrs fingers crossed the worst thing was her jab ,bit sore ,but now just little sore at site if i touch it. Talking of scare stories just saw headline in DM about some blood disorder with AZ jab,but when you actually read the piece ,happens 1 in 100,000,exactly same as those who have flue jab .

• Like 1