Elder care options in Chiang Mai

LivinLOS

13 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

I tried to google the place I referred to, but found a diffrent place, which sounds great. It is in Mae Rim and you can get in touch at the following address etc.

I also believed there was one in Doi Saket.. I seem to remember it posted about. 

Yes, this is exactly what I was going to suggest:

https://www.cancerconnect-chiangmai.com/senior-healthcare-facilities-survey

For someone who is more independent, consider Wellness Residence  http://www.wellnessresidencechiangmai.com/  and perhaps even a serviced apartment like The Dome, Viangbua Mansion or Smith Residence.  Use google to locate the websites of these places.  They have restaurants, maid services and very caring staffs.  

Hi - I just got home and have not read the responses... I am fairly well versed on the options in CM and on dementia/elderly care as well.... there is a range of options for you here and I can answer via pm and in more detail tomorrow morning...

I had 2 parents w/dementia that lived into their 90s... 

And yes, you will get lots more for your money here...

more later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Firstly thanks to everyone who has posted ideas and option, I am looking through them and I have to say care resort, vivo bene, and perhaps one or two others are really great suggestions, those give me hope that this is something that could improve her life not just solve a problem. 

If any others come up, especially in the sort of resort / assisted / helped home style.. I am grateful for links and leads. 

Anyone know anything about Empreo ?? Its very close to me but appears a sales process ?? 

1 minute ago, LivinLOS said:

Firstly thanks to everyone who has posted ideas and option, I am looking through them and I have to say care resort, vivo bene, and perhaps one or two others are really great suggestions, those give me hope that this is something that could improve her life not just solve a problem. 

If any others come up, especially in the sort of resort / assisted / helped home style.. I am grateful for links and leads. 

Anyone know anything about Empreo ?? Its very close to me but appears a sales process ?? 

You might also go around to a few of the hospitals near you.  Ask about this.  The one I mentioned has open rooms, with 4-6 people per room.  And a few private rooms.  The nicer private room was about 50K quite a few years ago, so we decided for that kind of money, we'd do it at home.  Plus, kept us from having to drive over to the care facility many times every week! LOL.

It's owned by a lady who runs a local nursing school. 

Best of luck!!!!

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

You might also go around to a few of the hospitals near you.  Ask about this.  The one I mentioned has open rooms, with 4-6 people per room.  And a few private rooms.  The nicer private room was about 50K quite a few years ago, so we decided for that kind of money, we'd do it at home.  Plus, kept us from having to drive over to the care facility many times every week! LOL.

It's owned by a lady who runs a local nursing school. 

Best of luck!!!!

Shes not currently in need of residential full time care or a hospital environment.. I also think if I was to push that way the resistance may doom the project before it starts. 

The more resort styled options that have been suggested look to me, like a huge improvement on her UK lifestyle.. Some issues I can already see concerning food and eating issues, but solvable. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 11:03 PM, jonwilly said:

http://www.careresortchiangmai.com/

I had a friend stay there for 3 years until he passed away.

I visited once a week and can only praise the Thai ladies who took care of him.

The girls where nursing assistance, train nurses and a Dr where on immediate call. 

excellent place.

john

what's the pricing like? not listed on the website.

I do not know cost.

However I think it's about B40K for a bungalow and the basic facilities, 3 meals a day, daily cleaning and bed made up.

My friend had a nursing assistant in attendance 24 hrs a day.

His bills where paid by his children and would be well in excess of the basic fee.

Once gain I can only pay tribute to the many young girls who looked after him, they where top notch.

john

https://www.cancerconnect-chiangmai.com/senior-healthcare-facilities-survey