Update of COVID-19 vaccination for a foreigner at Phyathai 2 Hospital Bangkok

Lucian

Has any non-Thai had his/her vaccine jab at Phyathai 2 Hospital lately, especially those who booked their appointment via thailandintervac.com? Given the ongoing fiasco and topsy-turvy situation in Thailand re vaccinations, would appreciate an update from anyone who has successfully got his/her first jab.

1. Was your appointment deferred?

2. Was the hospital able to find your appointment in their database?

3. Was any extra documentation needed besides passport and appointment slip?

4. Were you able to select your choice of vaccine?

5. After getting your first jab, was there an appointment set for your second jab? If yes, when?

6. Any other useful tips?

You know....TIT... anything can happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mackayae said:

I have an appointment for June 16, so I am also anxiously waiting for an answer to your questions. My appointment did say wait for an email confirmation, which I never received.

Me too, I haven't received an email confirmation for my 22nd June appointment. Sounds like we can start a "Me Too" movement here 555

1 hour ago, henrylim said:

My appointment is on 15 June, but I received an email from DDC this evening telling me my appointment got postponed. ????

Sorry to hear that. My appointment is supposed to be later this month, but it might not be worth driving hundreds of kilometres and staying at a hotel, if they just cancel it at 6:40 PM the night before.

21 hours ago, mackayae said:

I have an appointment for June 16, so I am also anxiously waiting for an answer to your questions. My appointment did say wait for an email confirmation, which I never received.

Please report back if you are able to get it or receive any email or SMS.

Mine is on the 17th but I have to travel a long way...

15 hours ago, henrylim said:

My appointment is on 15 June, but I received an email from DDC this evening telling me my appointment got postponed. ????

974528779_ScreenShot2021-06-14at11_59_35PM.png.ecb19bee23036de33810c384a972dd92.png

555 Why am I not surprised? At the rate the dis-logistics of the vaccination program is progressing, I guess we foreigners will probably have to wait until year-end to get our jabs. Perhaps it will be a good thing as we then would have more choices of vaccines to choose from. Now I know where Thais learn their patience from and embrace mai peng rai 555

• Sad 1

I am registered for the 22nd at Phayathai 2.  Called them last week to check if appointment was still valid.  They said nothing had changed.  My brother-in-law is going to check at the hospital on the 21st to see if the appointment is still good.  I live 2 hours away.  

As far as choice of vaccine you chose that when you register from the available list.

On 6/14/2021 at 3:33 PM, mackayae said:

Our Thai national neighbours had appts today & received SMS to cancel. No vaxx.

Frankly, I'd go anyway, on the off-chance nobody else shows. you might get..."lucky"(?).

On 6/14/2021 at 3:40 PM, Lucian said:

Me too, I haven't received an email confirmation for my 22nd June appointment. Sounds like we can start a "Me Too" movement here 555

The hospital is saying the MoPH/DDC is supposed to be sending out those confirmation emails only ONE day before the person's scheduled appointment. So don't expect anything much in advance, unless it's an email telling you they're rescheduling.

On 6/16/2021 at 7:19 AM, rwill said:

I am registered for the 22nd at Phayathai 2.  Called them last week to check if appointment was still valid.  They said nothing had changed.  My brother-in-law is going to check at the hospital on the 21st to see if the appointment is still good.  I live 2 hours away.  

As far as choice of vaccine you chose that when you register from the available list.

As said above re Phyathai II, the MoPH/DDC supposedly are sending out the confirming emails only ONE DAY before the scheduled appointments, unless they're being canceled or rescheduled.

Also, in talking to the hospital, Phyathai II said anyone with a vaccination appointment with them can call them the night before or morning of the scheduled vaccination appointment to doublecheck/confirm. The hospital said they're only getting the list of confirmed recipients from the MoPH the evening before the vaccination date.

On 6/14/2021 at 3:33 PM, mackayae said:

What happened with your June 16 vax appointment???

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The hospital is saying the MoPH/DDC is supposed to be sending out those confirmation emails only ONE day before the person's scheduled appointment.

There is now a report of a confirmation email already received for an appointment in the first week of July.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1221066-covid-19-appointment/

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As said above re Phyathai II, the MoPH/DDC supposedly are sending out the confirming emails only ONE DAY before the scheduled appointments, unless they're being canceled or rescheduled.

Also, in talking to the hospital, Phyathai II said anyone with a vaccination appointment with them can call them the night before or morning of the scheduled vaccination appointment to doublecheck/confirm. The hospital said they're only getting the list of confirmed recipients from the MoPH the evening before the vaccination date.

The procedure at MedPark is the same as you describe in your posts:

Need to have appointment. Without appointment,  they send you away. 

Cannot make appointment with the hospital. Must go through Thailandintervac.

Thailandintervac will send a list of names to the hospital, one day before the vaccination date. It is useless to ask the hospital earlier - they don't have the list yet, so they don't know if you are on the list. 

Thailandintervac will also send you a confirmation email about one day before the vaccination date. Nice to have it, but important is that your name is on the list the hospital received. 

They inject what they got. Farangs will usually get an appointment on a day where AZ is supposed to be avalable. Tell every hospital staff you talk to which vaccine you want. You may even have a choice. 

It is irrelevant which vaccine you wanted on your registration. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, treetops said:

There is now a report of a confirmation email already received for an appointment in the first week of July.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1221066-covid-19-appointment/

No, that document the forum member posted in the thread you linked to above is NOT the confirmation email that the MoPH/OIC is sending out to people with confirmed appointments.

That document the forum member posted IS one of several appointment documents that someone who has made an appointment via the Intervac website was able to download and print out to bring to their appointment -- at least until the MoPH this past week removed the ability to log-in for people with already confirmed appointments.

I have a supposedly confirmed vaccine appointment for the end of this current month, and that document was one of several that I was able to print out from the Intervac website as soon as I made my appointment online back on June 10.

However, if the hospital doesn't end up having your name on the list they receive from the MoPH for a given day's vaccine administration schedule, SUPPOSEDLY, bringing along and presenting those various documents won't matter.

The additional confirming email sent from the MoPH's Office of International Cooperation (OIC) is one clear indicator that they do in fact have you in their system and scheduled for a particular day.

My appointment was on the 16th. I never went expecting them to not have vaccines.

Friday, the 18th, I got a call from the hospital saying they have no vaccines but I am on the list. When they get more vaccines they will call me a day or two before my new appointment.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No, that document the forum member posted in the thread you linked to above is NOT the confirmation email that the MoPH/OIC is sending out to people with confirmed appointments.

Agree in as much as I too have that form, downloaded from the booking site about a week ago.  However the poster preceded the pic with the words:

"Not sure if you can read this but just recieved it in email for my appointment to get jabed in bangkok on the 2nd of July"

The email you posted doesn't appear to show any attachments such as that claimed in the other thread so I'll ask him over there.

Had my first jab today at PhyaThai 2 Hospital. About 200 people there. Process went smoothly. AZ and Sinovac were given. I received Sinovac. Next jab scheduled for July 20, same place and time.

My next question is: can you safely have a Moderna jab in October when it is available in Thailand.

The decision of which vaccine you get is determined when you initially register. I believe I chose either in the hope that I would get something. You can not change your choice at the date of the vaccination. All in all it was a good experience. However, they probably only administered a few hundred vaccines.

• Like 1