Update of COVID-19 vaccination for a foreigner at Phyathai 2 Hospital Bangkok

Lucian

I think it is just random luck. Each "window" of registration corresponds to the batch of vaccines that is available during that window and your choice or lack thereof depends on who's got what before you signing on. The window that I happened to registered was the one started on June 7 for the 60 plus crowd, AZ ran out and only sinovac was available by the time I got on, so I had no other choice. Someone else on this forum reports that he registered during the "expatriates" window a week later, starting June 12, got AZ and amazingly his appointment was the following week. Mine was on June 22 and it went well, thanks to the dedicated staff at Phyathai2.

So my tip for those who want AZ is that if a window runs out of AZ then hold your horse and wait for the next one. You can not make the change when you get there. I think there was one fellow who raised some sort of rukus and they had him and his gf sit wait by the wall...maybe towards the end to see if there was any AZ jab left unused. But that was totally my own speculation.

Had my first AZ shot at PhayaThai 2 on Wednesday the 23rd.  My appointment was for the same date originally given (i.e., there was no deferment caused by the deferment of appointments 15-19 June).   

When my wife called them several days before, they said there would be a confirmation email (see the example above) the day before the appointment.  Confirmation email was actually received on Monday (two days before). 

The process was well enough organized and went smoothly enough.  Given the queue number I got at the time I arrived, they probably dealt with around 220-230 people that day.  The location, although indoors, was well ventilated but the large room at the center of the process had a couple of processing steps where social distancing was maybe not ideal.  Staff were great without exception:  friendly, patient, good-humored and professional.

And, yes, it was free.

Edited by JTXR
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, abby0930 said:

sorry.... would like to know is the injection free?? do I need to bring extra money for the jab?

Completely free.

No need to bring money. 

PS i am talking of a jab that you got through legit channels,  ie thailandintervac.com 

Edited by Lorry

2 hours ago, abby0930 said:

Any advise on which number should I call to confirm my appointment

My understanding is that the hospital only receives the next day's list of people to be vaccinated at around 6 p.m..  What worked for me was to email them the previous at their "One Stop" address.  (It's on the hospital's website's contact page.)  I got a reply around 9 a.m. on the day of the appointment.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, abby0930 said:

Question:

My appointment is on 2 July but yet I have not received any email from OIC or the hospital.

Any advise on which number should I call to confirm my appointment?

Thank you~

You will receive an email today from the OIC. If not received by midday, then email the onestop (see post above). They respond quite quickly. Scan your appt doc and give name and PP#.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

You will receive an email today from the OIC.

More like "might receive".  I never did receive an email from them, even after I 'phoned them and they agreed to resend it.  They told me they're having technical problems handling the volume of emails being sending out.

2 minutes ago, Oxx said:

More like "might receive".  I never did receive an email from them, even after I 'phoned them and they agreed to resend it.  They told me they're having technical problems handling the volume of emails being sending out.

Read my post correctly. I covered that eventuality by advising him to email the hospital where his appt is, if the OIC email didn't arrive. 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Oxx said:

My understanding is that the hospital only receives the next day's list of people to be vaccinated at around 6 p.m.. 

They used to get it about 11am.

That was 2 weeks ago. Don't know about today.

On 7/1/2021 at 3:47 AM, Oxx said:

My understanding is that the hospital only receives the next day's list of people to be vaccinated at around 6 p.m.

13 hours ago, Lorry said:

They used to get it about 11am.

That was 2 weeks ago. Don't know about today.

Changed now as a mate emailed them a few days ago on the One Stop address to check on his appointment for today and they replied confirming he was on the list.  Neither of us received an email, but we both received an SMS yesterday at 13:25 confirming the  appointments, despite me having cancelled mine and received acknowledgment of such.

On 7/1/2021 at 7:23 AM, abby0930 said:

Question:

My appointment is on 2 July but yet I have not received any email from OIC or the hospital.

Any advise on which number should I call to confirm my appointment?

Thank you~

For my appointment this past week, I got no email from anyone confirming, but did get an SMS message confirming from the hospital about 11:30 am the day before, to the mobile number I had given on my Intervac website registration info.

1 minute ago, Oxx said:

Why do you believe this to be true? There's nothing at that link that I can see that suggests this is so.

It's referred to in a recent update on the Intervac site, which is presumably now redundant.  I wouldn't expect to see anything at the link until closer to the time.

On 7/5/2021 at 9:17 PM, Oxx said:

Why do you believe this to be true? There's nothing at that link that I can see that suggests this is so.

Yes, the upcoming vaccine registration process involving Phyathai II Hospital for expats age 60 and above and those with chronic medical conditions IS explained and listed on the PII website linked above. You just have to look a bit down the webpage past the big graphic image at the top of their page.

Screenshot_3.jpg.a47e526c420fd30b516903233bf36f09.jpg

• Like 1

Good morning.

Since last 5 days i am trying for vaccine registration on phayathai2international.com..unfortunately is not loading successfully..at last showing this site can not be reach...m i registering with R link? Kindly help me out please.. Thank you

4 hours ago, Yanki said:

i am trying for vaccine registration on phayathai2international.com..unfortunately is not loading successfully..at last showing this site can not be reach...m i registering with R link? Kindly help me out please..

Loaded OK here, but useless service unless you are very very quick.

The pre-registration is opened for People aged 60 + years old, and or people living with any underlying diseases following;

- Severe Chronic Respiratory Diseases (CRDs)
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD) (5th stage)
- Stroke
- Cancer patients receiving chemotherapy
- Diabetes
- Obesity (weight > 100 kg or BMI > 35 kg/m²)

The period for pre-registration is between 12 and 16 July from 09.00-12.00 hours only. The link will be automatically closed before 12.00 hours once the daily quota has been reached. The vaccination period will be 19-30 July 2021 (except weekends), and the vaccine provided will be Astrazeneca. Once the registration is successful, we will send an SMS confirmation to your mobile given by the next day of registration. Please note that the appointment date cannot be changed and the right of the vaccine cannot be transferred to another person. People with seven underlying diseases must present evidence and personal identification at the vaccination site. The evidence can be a picture of medical records containing information with specific disease, or prescriptions with your names. This evidence should last no more than a year. Phyathai 2 Hospital reserves the right to deny services or postpone appointments if false information is provided or proof medical report cannot be provided.

**Remark: Phyathai 2 Hospital is only serving as a vaccination service center to assist the government in ensuring that the population is inoculated; we are inclined to follow the guidelines set forth by the authorities. The quota of the vaccine is limited to 100 persons per day which the government allocates to us and only people who provide complete information and receive the SMS will be eligible to receive the vaccine.

For pre-registration, please fill out the information in the link below:

We are sorry online registration is now closed due to popular demand, we have reached our quota, please visit our website tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Yanki said:

Good morning.

Since last 5 days i am trying for vaccine registration on phayathai2international.com..unfortunately is not loading successfully..at last showing this site can not be reach...m i registering with R link? Kindly help me out please.. Thank you

5 days?

they only started opening for Registration this morning