Department of Land Transport open for Thai driving licences from next Monday

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that the Department of Land Transport said that all their offices nationwide will be open again for people to renew and get new driving licences. 

This is because of the improving Covid-19 situation in the country, they said. 

All offices would be open from Monday June 21st.

All people who had registered between 16th April and 18th June can now choose their preferred new day on the DLT Smart Queue system that opened again at 9am yesterday.

They will get appointments from the 21st. 

Those who have not been in the DLT queue system before must wait until August 1st before registering for an appointment, however. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-18

• Haha 1

W T F is this all about?

My licence expired end of May but as I am required to watch the BS video had an amnesty to 30 Jun.

To these f#%k wits please explain!

Edited by bdenner
  • Sad 1

Might try you insurance company... ours is across street from 

DLT and takes care of registrations while we sit in their office.

most likely they can do the leg work on DL and make it a little 

less painful... 

I went on 9th May to renew my motorbike and car licence , no smart queue ,just went ,they said I could renew my bike licence that day  which I did ,but not my car licence ,that would involve me watching the video with horde's of other people .

They just said come back when the situation improves ,fact that my licence ran out on the 11th May, to them  that was immaterial

I just hope I do not have to rush back to the UK ,for I use my Thai driving licence to hire a car. 

2 hours ago, bdenner said:

W T F is this all about?

My licence expired end of May but as I am required to watch the BS video had an amnesty to 30 Jun.

Here is how it works. If your license has expired, they require you to sit through an hour long video of mind-numbing car crashes.

There will be many others in the hot windowless airless room with you. But rest assured, every safety COVID precaution will be taken to ensure your protection from infection:

- Expect at least two free-standing 20-year old Daikon fans set to high and swivel.

- Every other plastic chair will have a red ‘X’ on it prohibiting someone who possibly could be COVID positive sitting right next to you.

- Masks ???? may be required, (but as Thailand is a tolerant country and Thais avoid any kind of direct confrontations, those not wearing them may be left alone. This is in line with the unspoken ‘see no evil’ policy of Thai culture).

In the event that you get your license renewed and not a COVID infection, consider yourself a lucky person. If you do happen to get the dreaded Delta variant, well you had bad karma to begin with. RIP.

Edited by ABCbangkok
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, kickstart said:

I went on 9th May to renew my motorbike and car licence , no smart queue ,just went ,they said I could renew my bike licence that day  which I did ,but not my car licence ,that would involve me watching the video with horde's of other people .

They just said come back when the situation improves ,fact that my licence ran out on the 11th May, to them  that was immaterial

I just hope I do not have to rush back to the UK ,for I use my Thai driving licence to hire a car. 

I would be more concerned about your car insurance policy, if you have one.

Both policies for our two cars state that you have to have a current driving licence.

14 hours ago, bdenner said:

W T F is this all about?

As usual every office operates differently. Mine expired end May but renewed last week = an extra year’s validity (may 2027!) . No video to sit through,just 5 minutes doing standard tests and correct paperwork. 30 minutes and hardly anyone there. ???? 

22 hours ago, kickstart said:

Got the wifes granddaughter to book me an appointmemt on the smart queue system  to re-new my DL .

It is for 3ed August, 12.00 o'clock,as that is Thai lunch hour it will be 1 o'clock . 

5 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

What will I need to renew at dlt Chatuchak?

I have five year expired license

Letter residence immigration

Medical certificate if it's still good.

More??

That should do you ,my centre said ,a letter from immigration or a Thai ID card ,I went for the Thai ID card root ,plus photo copy of passport 

Medical certificate ,I think? it should be used within one week  from issue ,that should be no problem ,just find a local clinic they should do one for you ,mine one was done in  10 minutes and 100 baht .

Heh, you guys still going to the DLT to sit in the room and watch the videos?

No one's watching them online?

My wife just entered her details, watched the videos online, was given a test, then got a receipt to show at the DLT, and pick up her new license.

Website is www.dlt-elearning.com.

1 hour ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

My wife just entered her details, watched the videos online, was given a test, then got a receipt to show at the DLT, and pick up her new license.

Website is www.dlt-elearning.com.

That's what the daughter did.

Gives a nice "certificate".

But as far as I know: Thai ID number required, lessons in Thai language only?

Only ID number, no name:

76658 - Kopie.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ