Parachutist dies in jump from mountain summit in Lopburi province

webfact

3A327B99-341E-4955-8B99-4814630D719E.jpg

A parachutist was killed as he encountered sudden wind turbulence, after parachuting from the summit of a mountain in Thailand’s central province of Lopburi on Sunday.

The victim, a 53-year-old sub-lieutenant, and five colleagues, scaled Khao Do Mountain, in Nikhom Sang Ton Eng sub-district, during the weekend to reach the 500-metre summit for a base jump.

The summit is a favorite location for both Thai and foreign amateur parachutists. One of the victim’s colleagues told the police that they had trekked to the summit and, after taking a rest, they started to jump, one after another.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/parachutist-dies-in-jump-from-mountain-summit-in-lopburi-province/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

With BASE you pay your money and you takes your chances. 
There is definitely something be said about the thrill that makes life worth living.
Never was my cup of tea but I can understand the allure.  RIP.

7f8c.gif.9b833b5f1afafe74785b486d5826b502.gif

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tug said:

Another candidate for the Darwin Award,personally I don’t have much patience with this type of behavior but condolences to his family just the same

if he filmed his own death maybe his friends and family can become "influencers" on social media......

Fifty-three is a bit old to be playing around with the risk stuff, get it out of you system when you're young. At 53 you probably have people dependent on you. Personally, I've become very risk adverse in my old age, that's not because I'm frightened of dying, but because of those I leave behind . At 20 I didn't give a monkeys, at 66 it's a real concern. Also, I suppose, after a few broken bones you understand just how fragile the human body is.

8 hours ago, connda said:

With BASE you pay your money and you takes your chances. 
There is definitely something be said about the thrill that makes life worth living.
Never was my cup of tea but I can understand the allure.  RIP.

7f8c.gif.9b833b5f1afafe74785b486d5826b502.gif

You might as well say you can understand the thrill of riding prostitutes bareback. Stupid in either case IMO, like wing suits, they call it flying, I call it falling to the ground and hitting it.